Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Goodwin Price Spike already?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

The_ReverendAct2

Aug 7, 2008
checked with my lcs and he said that boxes have gone up already. Seems as though people are breaking this product more so then bowman chrome. I prefer goodwin in as much as i am doing the base set. buying with purpose more so then prospecting is fun every now and then.

boxes in the 80 range here.

schmidtfan20

Aug 24, 2008
There isn't much to be buying in baseball right now. UD came out with a great release date. Chrome sucks
and people are looking for something to collect now that ginter has dried up, and while I don't think Goodwin
is even close to the value Ginter was, this product has some good points including the autoraphs. Too had
all the case hits are redemptions.

Kevin

pujolsthomefan33

Aug 7, 2008
Illinois
schmidtfan20 said:
There isn't much to be buying in baseball right now. UD came out with a great release date. Chrome sucks
and people are looking for something to collect now that ginter has dried up, and while I don't think Goodwin
is even close to the value Ginter was, this product has some good points including the autoraphs. Too had
all the case hits are redemptions.

Kevin

I disagree...for the Box Price point vs. Ginter, Goodwin is a much better buy. Ginter had WAY too many non SPORTS stuff, where as at least Ginter is at least mostly sports.

By the way, case hits are not all redemptions.....Magician Minis, Night Sky SPs, Autograph SPs (Have not seen a redemption AUTO yet) and the SP Jerseys....

All in all, this product will be a hit not only for the player selection (Hell even the hockey guys in there were good--Gretzky, Crosby, Ovechkin, Etc), but the design is top notch as well.

BY THE WAY--ACCORDING TO MY LCS--UD IS SOLD OUT OF THESE, SO WHAT THE DISTRIBUTORS HAVE NOW IS ALL THAT IS LEFT--HENCE THE PRICE SPIKE!!!

TK

schmidtfan20

Aug 24, 2008
Ginter had these guys for autographs:

Ryan Howard
David Wright
Jose Reyes
Joba
Cabrera

can you give me 5 baseball players like that from Goodwin? Sure MJ and Crosby are on the list, but the print
runs will be like 5!

The reason this product was a big deal was because of the etomology cards, which are all redemptions. That
is weak.

Kevin

pujolsthomefan33

Aug 7, 2008
Illinois
ThoseBackPages said:
i was excited about this product until UD lost MLB, and it became a "one and done" Product line :(

Not necessarily......they are making 17 baseball products next year....a vast majority of the base set was HOFer/Retired or other sports........this could be more than one and done.

TK

ThoseBackPages

Aug 7, 2008
New York
pujolsthomefan33 said:
ThoseBackPages said:
i was excited about this product until UD lost MLB, and it became a "one and done" Product line :(

Not necessarily......they are making 17 baseball products next year....a vast majority of the base set was HOFer/Retired or other sports........this could be more than one and done.

TK

Not for those of us that collect MLB Baseball Cards.

pujolsthomefan33

Aug 7, 2008
Illinois
schmidtfan20 said:

Ryan Howard
David Wright
Jose Reyes
Joba
Cabrera

can you give me 5 baseball players like that from Goodwin? Sure MJ and Crosby are on the list, but the print
runs will be like 5!

The reason this product was a big deal was because of the etomology cards, which are all redemptions. That
is weak.

Kevin

I can give you 4 that easily beat them IMO

Griffey, Jr.
Nolan Ryan
Jeter
Longoria

PLUS
Jordan
Crosby
Ozzie Smith
Ryan Braun
Bobby Orr
Tony Gwynn
Whitey Ford
Lebron

schmidtfan20

Aug 24, 2008
ThoseBackPages said:
pujolsthomefan33 said:
ThoseBackPages said:

TK

right but Pujols fan was talking about the baseball side of it, actually I would say Ginter had a better non-sport side
also.

Kevin

i43770

Aug 7, 2008
Portland, OR
schmidtfan20 said:

Ryan Howard
David Wright
Jose Reyes
Joba
Cabrera

can you give me 5 baseball players like that from Goodwin?

Derek Jeter
Evan Longoria
Ken Griffey Jr
Chipper Jones
Dustin Pedroia

Those are current players, it also has Ozzie Smith, Nolan Ryan, Whitey Ford, as well as quite a few more HOFers, retired stars and fan-favorites.

pujolsthomefan33

Aug 7, 2008
Illinois
schmidtfan20 said:
ThoseBackPages said:
pujolsthomefan33 said:
ThoseBackPages said:

TK

right but Pujols fan was talking about the baseball side of it, actually I would say Ginter had a better non-sport side
also.

Kevin

Non-sport probably did go to Ginter......but that in all honesty for me is a drawback...sure I dont complain when I pull a Nice President Memorabilia card or something, but for a base set, Relics, and Autographs, I would rather see mostly Sport Figures......not longest beard, greatest card stacker, etc....

Surfing, Horseback Rididng, Skiing, MMA, etc are at least sports....

TK

The_ReverendAct2

Aug 7, 2008
What ginter auto that was a non-red sold for over $500? I know that two jordans have completed @ $525 & $699. I like Ginter, but I much prefer the Autos on full size cards instead of the mini cards and the jersey stuff in ginter is of no significance. At least you usually get 1 auto in Goodwin whereas there are some all jersey boxes in Ginter.

Now the one thing that is crazy are the logo cards [king james for instance]. Are these a set within the set? The Cloudy version variation is interesting. I wonder how many of those exist.

Rudzud

Aug 7, 2008
Cherry Valley
Glad I locke din my two boxes from blowout at $60.99 per.

What people dont realize is UD pretty much HAD to make the entomology cards redemptions. They are insects, and like it says in the disclaimer can only be redeemed in the US. Cant be transporting foriegn critters around around the world for unknown reasons.

schmidtfan20

Aug 24, 2008
Rudzud said:

What people dont realize is UD pretty much HAD to make the entomology cards redemptions. They are insects, and like it says in the disclaimer can only be redeemed in the US. Cant be transporting foriegn critters around around the world for unknown reasons.

Im sure that is popular with the buyers in Canada and Japan...I wonder if they put that on the front of the box....probably not. If Jeter and Griffey and the other big name autos are all live autos then I might change my mind on this
product, so far I have yet to see any big autos.

anyone have a list of variations?

Kevin

The_ReverendAct2

Aug 7, 2008
Rudzud said:

Rud: nice call for yourself on the etomology redemption you pulled. It's always nice when that happens and thanks for the pics. I think that blaster will fly off the shelf and if I have the choice of 4 blasters of goodwin/4 blasters of A&G/4 blasters of topps Chrome fb [I like football], GOODWIN wins everytime. In fact I might just buy them and hold them until stuff dries up on the Goodwin front. No blaster in my area yet.

The_ReverendAct2

Aug 7, 2008
schmidtfan20 said:
Rudzud said:

Im sure that is popular with the buyers in Canada and Japan...I wonder if they put that on the front of the box....probably not. If Jeter and Griffey and the other big name autos are all live autos then I might change my mind on this
product, so far I have yet to see any big autos.

anyone have a list of variations?

Kevin

Don't know about Jeter, but I know the Griffey and Jordan are live non-redemption

Rudzud

Aug 7, 2008
Cherry Valley
pujolsthomefan33 said:
By the way, case hits are not all redemptions.....Magician Minis, Night Sky SPs, Autograph SPs (Have not seen a redemption AUTO yet) and the SP Jerseys
TK

I need to see a picture of the night sky ones, as I think I may have pulled one or two...

Do we know what GU is sp?

The_ReverendAct2

Aug 7, 2008
Rudzud said:
pujolsthomefan33 said:
By the way, case hits are not all redemptions.....Magician Minis, Night Sky SPs, Autograph SPs (Have not seen a redemption AUTO yet) and the SP Jerseys
TK

I need to see a picture of the night sky ones, as I think I may have pulled one or two...

Do we know what GU is sp?

Jordan for sure based on ebay. Tiger not super rare, but he also should be an sp. Good thing I pulled him from some packs. First 2 sold for $114 and $125 respectively.

Members online

Latest posts