Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Got a few AZ Diamondbacks autos at the game 6/6/15

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

jandkstuff

Aug 27, 2013
Mesa, AZ
My wife and I have season tickets and I've been having a good time attempting to get autos at the Diamondbacks games we've been going to. When I decide to go for autos we will leave very early and get down to the field for season ticket holder early entry. Typically, the Dbacks are still doing batting practice when we get there. With all of the recent changes, sometimes I don't know the players but if they are there I will ask them to sign a ball. Other times, I want a specific auto simply because I don't have it yet. I usually bring game used or BP balls that I've acquired as I like the "usage" of them.. plus they are free :) If I don't have a ball, I will try to get one at a game, either thrown from player between innings or I might ask a coach for one.

6/6/15, I got 5 autos on a ball
Yasmani Tomas (didn't have him yet)
Jake Lamb (didn't have him yet)
David Peralta (didn't have him yet) - side note, I think this guy is going to be solid.
Nick Ahmed (already got him on a different ball, but he was there and signing so why not...)
Oscar Hernandez (never heard of him). MLB says he was a 1st overall draft pick in 1st round 2014, yet he has 2010 minor league stats???

Other notes...
We have at least 3-4 Paul Goldschmidt autos on various balls.. However, when given the opportunity I will always ask Goldy to sign. He's typically a very good signer but he wasn't signing anything last night...

Aaron Hill only signed for people on the field for BP

I tried to get Jarrod Saltalamacchia, but he was signing for people in a different direction

I don't typically attempt to get autos from the visiting team unless it's a player I am familiar with. I tried to get Bryce Harper, got Kris Bryant, and next up my wife is going to try to get Albert Pujols and/or Mike Trout. I understand Pujols is very hard to get, but we can try. I am not familiar with Mike Trout's signing tendencies. I will be at work while she attempts to get them so I hope she is successful!

Overall, this is pretty fun for me. I put the balls in a ziploc bag and write down details of the game and the players who signed the ball. Lately I've been adding the ticket. The ziploc bag is a temporary thing until we get proper holders. I have a lot different Dbacks experiences and stories from going to a lot of games since 2009 (my wife had season tickets when I met her - before then I would only go to 1-2 games per year) :)

I just wanted to share.. Thanks for reading. If there is interest I will post more of my successes at the ballpark!

20150606_231750.jpg20150606_231807.jpg20150606_232230.jpg

RStadlerASU22

Jan 2, 2013
Good stuff and glad your having fun ! Now if they could get a hot streak going , I'd take it

Ryan

nkdbacks

Aug 7, 2008
AZ
Congratulations on the autos :D

Oscar Hernandez was the first pick in last year's Rule 5 Draft

I think they intended to have Hernandez be the starter this year but he got injured in the spring and he's still on the DL.

AmishDave

Featured Contributor, Collector Showcase, Senior M
Sep 19, 2009
Ely, MN
Pujols took one pic w/someone in Toronto at the game I went to. Trout signed a little more when he left the field. Not a ton, but better than Pujols.

Congrats on the haul !!!

Members online

Latest posts