Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Greinke Trade?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

sheetskout

Administrator
Aug 10, 2008
Milwaukee, WI
CAROLINA BOSOX said:
Besides 2009 16-8 2.16 229ip 242k and a CY award. What has Greinke done in the majors? I'm not trying to say he is not a good pitcher, but he just doesn't come across as a top of the order guy to me.

The guy is still 27 years old (turns 27 in three days)
Owns a 3.82 Career ERA
Has historically K'D just under a batter/inning
Played for probably the most offensively-challenged team in the last 6 years

These and NO ONE denies the tools on Greinke.

jkeys

Banned
May 5, 2010
Kansas City area
sheetskout said:
CAROLINA BOSOX said:
Besides 2009 16-8 2.16 229ip 242k and a CY award. What has Greinke done in the majors? I'm not trying to say he is not a good pitcher, but he just doesn't come across as a top of the order guy to me.

Owns a 3.82 Career ERA

Grienke would have been an 18 game winner this year on the Rays or Yankees, IMO. He's legit.

- jkeys

CAROLINA BOSOX

Aug 12, 2008
Goose Creek, SC
jkeys said:
sheetskout said:
CAROLINA BOSOX said:

Owns a 3.82 Career ERA

Grienke would have been an 18 game winner this year on the Rays or Yankees, IMO. He's legit.

- jkeys

OK. So a change of scenery might do him good although I am still wondering if he has completely gotten over his anxiety issues. I know he had difficulties in the past dealing with general anxiety disorder. I do hope the best for him I just don't know if the risk is worth what some people are willing to give up to get his pitching services.

SamHell

Jun 12, 2010
Texas
Jeff N. said:
SamHell said:
Greinke should bring a good return, at least one top tier prospect plus a couple of lower tier/high ceiling types. Cleveland was really ***** on the original Lee deal. Cy Young winner with a year and a half of cheap contract left should bring more than they received. Lee is a better pitcher, was owed less money and doesn't have the baggage that Greinke carries. The Rangers should be interested, especially if they are not able to resign Lee. KC would not be out of line asking for Martin Perez plus a couple of guys like Wilmer Font and Joe Wieland.

Jason Donald, Lou Marson, Carlos Carrasco and Jason Knapp have not proven what they can do in the majors -- Knapp especially. The book is not closed on the Phillies-Indians deal.

However, what the Phillies got for Lee in return was horrific. Right-hander Phillippe Aumont, outfielder Tyson Gillies and right-hander Juan Ramirez. Crap, a possible coke addict (yes, the charges were dropped), and crap.

A year and a half of a cheap Cliff Lee is worth more than a utility infielder, a backup catcher, back end of the rotation starter and a guy who projects to be a setup man/maybe closer IF healthy. If I'm trading a CY Young winner, I want at least one prospect that has a chance to be a star, somebody who can make a difference, not spare parts.

BowmanChromeAddict

Aug 8, 2008
Downingtown, PA
Jeff N. said:
SamHell said:
Greinke should bring a good return, at least one top tier prospect plus a couple of lower tier/high ceiling types. Cleveland was really ***** on the original Lee deal. Cy Young winner with a year and a half of cheap contract left should bring more than they received. Lee is a better pitcher, was owed less money and doesn't have the baggage that Greinke carries. The Rangers should be interested, especially if they are not able to resign Lee. KC would not be out of line asking for Martin Perez plus a couple of guys like Wilmer Font and Joe Wieland.

Jason Donald, Lou Marson, Carlos Carrasco and Jason Knapp have not proven what they can do in the majors -- Knapp especially. The book is not closed on the Phillies-Indians deal.

However, what the Phillies got for Lee in return was horrific. Right-hander Phillippe Aumont, outfielder Tyson Gillies and right-hander Juan Ramirez. Crap, a possible coke addict (yes, the charges were dropped), and crap.

How can you justify leaving the book open on the guys we sent to Cleveland but close the book on the guys Seattle sent to us? Doesn't seem to make sense.

Bob Loblaw

Aug 21, 2008
Bright House Field
BowmanChromeAddict said:
Jeff N. said:
SamHell said:

How can you justify leaving the book open on the guys we sent to Cleveland but close the book on the guys Seattle sent to us? Doesn't seem to make sense.

Knapp was injured in 2010. Carrasco has tasted some success at the major league level.

Juan/JC Ramirez - you ever seen a guy put up a 4 ERA in high A, 5.45 in AA, and go on to be successful? How many deaf major leaguers have been successful? Curtis Pride wasn't successful. As for Phillippe.. I watched him pitch in ST, and I watched him pitch in Clearwater. BruTAL. http://web.minorleaguebaseball.com/milb ... pid=518418

I guarantee these guys don't see a successful major league career. Jason Donald, Carrasco, and Knapp -- especially Knapp - very well may. As for Lou Marson, I had such high hopes...

Members online