Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Griffey Collector's Thread - Part Two..

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Joey_peapod

Jan 27, 2014
That is simply insane to me that people will drop that much on a new card. Older cards are easier to excuse, but still is crazy. I know it's commonplace now days, but still crazy to me. For me, it's really still a hobby. I am not going to spend $$$ that amount to cars, houses and waterfront property on sport cards (over a long time, maybe easier to do, but not in small shots). Now if I were comfortable 7 figure rich, maybe I have a different attitude and perhaps some of these buyers are in that category.
It’s 24 years old that’s not new lol

jschl93994

Apr 30, 2011
Wonder what a Griffey 2004 Etchings 500 HR Club Bat Auto /25 would fetch at auction right now. Not willing to part with mine ever... and would really like another. But these Griffey prices are getting insane. The Bat Auto always outsold all these other cards hitting record prices.

mrmopar

Jan 19, 2010
It’s 24 years old that’s not new lol
That is still "new" to me at this point. Even though Griffey has since retired, he played in the modern era of card collecting, with all the bells and whistles (inserts, GU, autos, parallels, premium base cards, etc). They will always feel new, when vintage cards are an option.

nosterbor

Jun 20, 2010
Sunny Florida
That is still "new" to me at this point. Even though Griffey has since retired, he played in the modern era of card collecting, with all the bells and whistles (inserts, GU, autos, parallels, premium base cards, etc). They will always feel new, when vintage cards are an option.
There are thousands and thousands of 1952 mickey mantle cards floating around, but there's only 25 1998 Ken Griffey Jr Crusade Reds.

Pinbreaker

Aug 7, 2008
Laguna Niguel, CA
Wonder what a Griffey 2004 Etchings 500 HR Club Bat Auto /25 would fetch at auction right now. Not willing to part with mine ever... and would really like another. But these Griffey prices are getting insane. The Bat Auto always outsold all these other cards hitting record prices.
I'm sure @magicpapa would love to know as well.. Here are some old sales.. So I would guess that depending on the site you send it to, it could get $20 - $25K.. (or more)

500-auto.JPG

jschl93994

Apr 30, 2011
I'm sure @magicpapa would love to know as well.. Here are some old sales.. So I would guess that depending on the site you send it to, it could get $20 - $25K.. (or more)

View attachment 330444

Wow. $6,100 in 2017... Were there any Griffeys at all coming close to $6,100 in 2017? Can you check what his Credentials were selling for back then? And other stuff that has been selling in the $20-50k range over the past year?

I remember that PSA 10 very well sadly, as its a Kevin Burge trimmed copy.

Thanks for the reference points! I highly doubt anyone will part with one of these for a very long time. 4 1/2 years... sheesh.

magicpapa

Aug 7, 2008
DANG....

K34PuckettAddict

May 28, 2009
Anyone have an extra 1991 Legends Sports Memorabilia gold foil panel available? Puckett was in the Griffey cover edition, but I can only find the silver panels online. I’m in need of an individual gold foil Puckett and a panel if I can find them. I suspect the Griffey cover had gold panels as well, but I suppose the golds could have come from a different cover altogether…

Sent from my iPhone using Freedom Card Board mobile app

Pinbreaker

Aug 7, 2008
Laguna Niguel, CA
DANG....

I see he relisted it for $1500

Pinbreaker

Aug 7, 2008
Laguna Niguel, CA
this might get interesting....

i owned 4 of these at one time
I know the guy who has this listed.. He's a big Griffey collector and probably bought this raw, and had it graded..

He's the one who bought the Griffey Red Crusade Promo recently..

Members online