Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Griffey Collector's Thread

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Joey_peapod

Jan 27, 2014
This is what prevents me from shelling out the $ to travel to the Nationals... Or is it different there?

Yea I wouldn't go there expecting to find any Griffey inserts. Even his newer autos, there was only 1 dealer that had a couple of them. Doesn't mean you can't get lucky and find someone that brought them but you have a better chance of powerball I think.

Dec 4, 2008
Were you by chance at the Shriner's show in Wilmington, MA? Just moved to the Boston area and checked it out yesterday. LOTS of vintage, not much at all in the way of 90's inserts. I trade around my Chipper Jones PC and for fun buy insert lots/collections to list on eBay. ..not a lot for me at that show but a few dozen decent pickups in $1/$5 piles.

bedot

Dec 4, 2011
Yea I wouldn't go there expecting to find any Griffey inserts. Even his newer autos, there was only 1 dealer that had a couple of them. Doesn't mean you can't get lucky and find someone that brought them but you have a better chance of powerball I think.

That is true. I've sent good money with friends to the national and nobody has Griffey anything. Maybe this year will he different.

Sent from my SM-N910V using Freedom Card Board mobile app

Joey_peapod

Jan 27, 2014
Were you by chance at the Shriner's show in Wilmington, MA? Just moved to the Boston area and checked it out yesterday. LOTS of vintage, not much at all in the way of 90's inserts. I trade around my Chipper Jones PC and for fun buy insert lots/collections to list on eBay. ..not a lot for me at that show but a few dozen decent pickups in $1/$5 piles.

Yea that was it. Wasn't very impressed. I'm not impressed in general with the current state of shows. It's not very fun either. I found 10 $2 90s insets that are prob worth $5/8 each but that was it.

magicpapa

Aug 7, 2008
90s.jpg

1997toppsMit1998StarsandSteel035_zps0b34f400.jpg

1998productionline-1.jpg

MadHandle11

Jan 31, 2011
Spokane, WA
There was a Crusade Green and Purple last night on eBay but of course the auction was ended early. I would really like the chance to bid on Griffeys cards one of these times; it gets a bit old that they always get sold without having a chance at them. Oh well...

goobmcnasty

Apr 4, 2014
There was a Crusade Green and Purple last night on eBay but of course the auction was ended early. I would really like the chance to bid on Griffeys cards one of these times; it gets a bit old that they always get sold without having a chance at them. Oh well...

Yep, I saw those two and even talked to the seller. I wanted the Green. What happens is Griffey fans with deep pockets send high offers to get them to end early, knowing there is a good chance they will be outbid if the auction runs its full course.

Just out of curiosity, what would you pay for a purple?

Members online

Latest posts