Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Has anyone heard of Taylor Guerrieri?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

All The Hype

Aug 7, 2008
Indianapolis
mwashuc06 said:
why have this topic to raise the price on the cards that you are chasing, this topic makes little sense.

Because I'm pretty much set on him for now, I've just been buying here and there when they go cheap. Just wanted to share with everyone else for fun. I sincerely doubt that one thread will really makes prices move anyway, at least not long-term.

mwashuc06

Aug 7, 2008
I donno, I blew up Nick Barnese for a few weeks when he dominant in the NYPA and I mentioned Daniel Norris and his stuff has tripled.

Topnotchsy

Featured Contributor, The best players in history?
Aug 7, 2008
The board has definitely been responsible for brief spikes that were largely unwarranted, but IMO any sustained spikes are a result of someone pointing out a player who is genuinely undervalued. There are times when cards get overlooked in the hobby, and when that is pointed out on the board, there are enough people to create a sustained increase (partially because as the price jumps, people elsewhere probably think the increase is not unfounded, and therefore accept the higher buy-in rate.)

All The Hype

Aug 7, 2008
Indianapolis
Topnotchsy said:
The board has definitely been responsible for brief spikes that were largely unwarranted, but IMO any sustained spikes are a result of someone pointing out a player who is genuinely undervalued. There are times when cards get overlooked in the hobby, and when that is pointed out on the board, there are enough people to create a sustained increase (partially because as the price jumps, people elsewhere probably think the increase is not unfounded, and therefore accept the higher buy-in rate.)

Agree. Prime example was Nelson Cruz when he was tearing it up in the Minors a few years back...believe it was Coastal who posted about him and his card prices finally caught up to his performance.

shayscards79

Aug 17, 2010
Chicago
A Profar Bowman Chrome went for $51 today and two previous ones went for $50... I do remember a thread about that a couple of days ago.

Topnotchsy

Featured Contributor, The best players in history?
Aug 7, 2008
All The Hype said:
Topnotchsy said:

Agree. Prime example was Nelson Cruz when he was tearing it up in the Minors a few years back...believe it was Coastal who posted about him and his card prices finally caught up to his performance.
That was an example that came to mind as well. In that case it was a perfect storm IMO because it also involved cards that were on thepit.com, and often there are cards there whose pricing languishes even as the overall market on a player goes up. (I had a number of Kershaw Chrome Auto's there last year whose price would not budge no matter they were selling for on eBay.)

BowmanChromeAddict

Aug 8, 2008
Downingtown, PA
As a seller of Guerrieri, thank you. I had a 7 count lot of BCDP Autos up and had just countered at $52.50 and then somebody sent me a $70 offer. I snagged that before the other guy could accept my counter.

Can somebody start a hype post about Kyle Drabek?

VandyDan

Dec 5, 2011
My issue with Guerreri is that he was largely unknown on a national scale until right before his senior year. Not that recognition is indicative of talent, but he was not on any USA team, not invited to AFLAC and wasn't on many mocks before around this time last year.

All this means to me is that the evaluative track record for him is might light. Unlike the two OKLA HS pitchers above him, and a guy like Dan Norris, very little was known about Taylor until a few months before the draft, when his stuff got nasty and his senior season was nuts. When I like to pick a prospect, I look for two things, floor wise. One is going to college (no matter how much he stinks as a pro, USC fans will always buy Jackie Bradley Jr cards, so this limits your risk). The other is, if not going to college, having a long track record of competent against other high level prospects at all the PG camps, WWBA, etc. Taylor simply doesn't have either, so for me it makes him a risky investment at any price.

He is a guy whose stuff only very recently became elite. It is far too early to tell if that might not have negative consequences for his body/arm, and he does not have a track record against elite competition (yet). Tons of guys have high 90s fastballs and filthy curves and never advance beyond AA ball. I do agree that if everything comes together, he could be special. But i think there are strong arguments against him.

Now, if the above-mentioned market hypothesis is true, im going to go buy some TG at a deflated price.

Members online

Latest posts