Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Has it actually been confirmed that 06 UD SFX Blues are /25?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

cstmleather

Jan 14, 2009
The reds alone are hard to come by, just barely picked up a Tim Salmon and Jered Weaver this month. Yet to see a blue Garret Anderson or Salmon listed anywhere. A 1025 card set will do that.

Resident Bay Fan

Aug 7, 2008
Northern Maine
I bought a purple of D.J. Houlton only to find that they replaced him with Mike Rouse. Not sure if they replaced him with all the variations, but I would assume so. I wonder how many other players were replaced with someone else?

tonsofcommons

Aug 20, 2008
Iowa
I picked up a Blue Vladimir Guerrero from Clint. They are awesome. I too like the greens more though!

BTW, the Vlad is available if anyone is interested.

smapdi

Aug 7, 2008
On topic, the 25 PR estimation came closest to confirmation from people who broke cases of it. A couple different people said they ended up with stacks of some number of the red 50s and the stacks of blues were half as tall. That plus the obvious scarcity of them, plus UD often had the toughest parallels #/25, it would seem that 25 is the correct ballpark.

Off--topic, I've still never seen a Thomas or Sizemore. Anyone who wants to part with theirs would be a welcome contact.

AndruwHRJones

Aug 9, 2008
TomMurry said:
Are there any other places like COMC or Sportlots?

The beckett marketplace has a little under 100 of them listed. It appears this might be one of the few times people can get a steal from Burbank if your player happens to be listed as he appears to have most listed at under $1

Jeff D

Mar 28, 2009
Just coming in to showoff my Fielder:

FielderFxLotx5.jpg

Interestingly (maybe), it's not the rarest 2006 blue parallel...that's probably this Topps:

Fielder06Toppsof7.jpg

actually a 1/1

r2d2

Aug 24, 2008
Mexico City
weegee said:
i have never seen a nixon copy or a 2006 Upper Deck Silver Spectrum #85 Trot Nixon

Been looking for those two Cantu's for 5 years now :(

I own another Mexican blue, Oscar Robles.

IUjapander

Jan 28, 2011
Indianapolis
I've opened a ton of this stuff to try and find these two Ryan Doumit cards. I'm down to only 19 cards needed for 100% (non 1/1s) of his and will pay/trade heavily in your favor if someone has either of these lying around. I don't have any that people have asked for so far, but I do have a few of the blues and a bunch of the reds/greens if anyone is looking for their player.

2006 Upper Deck Special F/X Green 758 /99
2006 Upper Deck Special F/X Blue 758 /25???

This is what it looks like

SCAN1179.jpg

Cool thread as I see these blues in a lot of player collectors needed list.

Ct Sox Fan

Aug 20, 2008
Connecticut
Ryan The Orange said:
ATTENTION PLAYER COLLECTORS:

JustCommons.com has a bunch of the red ones available. I picked up an Adam Wainwright for a couple dollars a few months ago, here is the list (they also have a bunch of other colors):

http://www.justcommons.com/index.php?di ... ory_id=707

Thank you! I picked up a few set needs. Great site for filling out some of those cheaper cards that you hate to spend $3 on shipping for a .25 cent card. I was able to find 10 cards quickly that I new I needed.

Ryan The Orange

Mar 30, 2010
St. Louis
Glad I could help.

I love that site. Extremely fast shipping, and shipping is free with every order over $10, which is easy to do because they have a good selection.

TomMurry

Jan 30, 2010
Eastern PA
My quest for a Garko blue continues. Even with my email being published in Beckett as a supercollector with that one listed, I'd be happy if someone tried to run me through the ringer to sell theirs to me. I'd probably let them.

mrmem

Sep 9, 2008
Ryan The Orange said:
ATTENTION PLAYER COLLECTORS:

JustCommons.com has a bunch of the red ones available. I picked up an Adam Wainwright for a couple dollars a few months ago, here is the list (they also have a bunch of other colors):

http://www.justcommons.com/index.php?di ... ory_id=707

Thanks for spreading the word on our site. Maybe i could help alittle with this product. Back in 2006 we opened about 20 cases of this product. Lost our shirt
back then as believed this would be UDs version of Chrome but never caught on.. We used to break a ton back then and used to do player lots. This product didnt do well when it was released and we decided to just make full sets to move the product. Unfortuently Beckett states as they do now that set goes to 1025 yet we didnt find any cards over #1005 ( broke over 20 cases) thus making it harder to sell complete sets when supposedly 20 cards were missing. We even went looking fo rthose card #s with no luck. Which is why we have a good supply of them on out website.
We also saw the blue refractors whcih werent numbered and thought they were odd. Thought they were numbered to #/25 ourselves as we had about 1/2 the amount of the red /50 ones. Put them on the side. Now i have to go find them somewhere. Probably have about 100 or so of them. Though im sure alot of them were in our regular cards as was easy to miss as they werent numbered.
So glad the word is spreading about the Blues and hopefully story will come out on the shortage of cards #1006-1025 and if they are out there I believe must be extremely rare

Members online