Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

help with 2004 DONRUSS ELITE ABERDEEN WORLD SERIES

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

joey12508

Aug 7, 2008
Winterfell
I had 2 Bernie williams status 1/1"s the only difference was the foil color of the numbering. i had a gold one and a red both pictured
i sold the gold a few years ago. it was marked deliverd but the buyer never recieved. this week i put the red on ebay. the buyer of the gold
is questioning me about how i got it back. i told him i had two. any help on this set i would apreciate, thanks

70EDJlR.jpg

smapdi

Aug 7, 2008
These are aftermarket stamps that were a fad for a while. Usually at major card shows but sometimes other events like this, a third party would set up an embossing machine and they'd stamp whatever people brought in. The original idea came from card companies doing this where you'd buy a pack of cards from them and they'd stamp one card from your pack, and then supposedly keep track of what they stamped, not doing the same card twice, so each one would be a "one of one." The market for these cards is very small. Some people look at them as legitimate variations but most people don't care. Price is going to be whatever you and your buyer can agree on. Could be $5, could be $50.

KLARNOLD

Sep 17, 2008
Owensboro, KY
These are aftermarket stamps that were a fad for a while. Usually at major card shows but sometimes other events like this, a third party would set up an embossing machine and they'd stamp whatever people brought in. The original idea came from card companies doing this where you'd buy a pack of cards from them and they'd stamp one card from your pack, and then supposedly keep track of what they stamped, not doing the same card twice, so each one would be a "one of one." The market for these cards is very small. Some people look at them as legitimate variations but most people don't care. Price is going to be whatever you and your buyer can agree on. Could be $5, could be $50.
Aftermarket stamps? Why were they issued in Donruss Elite packs at the Aberdeen LLWS that year? I have a pack that my Albert Pujols came in.

mrmopar

Jan 19, 2010
I know what smapdi is talking about, same it live at the 2001 ASFF, but it sounds like we are talking about 2 different things. Sounds like packs were made and distributed for this WS event. The question is, were they all 1/1 cards in the packs and stamped as such. Clearly joey12508 had 2, although different foil colors. I can't see it myself in the photos, but perhaps there was a meaning behind the two foil colors, unless one turned out to be fake???

KLARNOLD

Sep 17, 2008
Owensboro, KY
I know what smapdi is talking about, same it live at the 2001 ASFF, but it sounds like we are talking about 2 different things. Sounds like packs were made and distributed for this WS event. The question is, were they all 1/1 cards in the packs and stamped as such. Clearly joey12508 had 2, although different foil colors. I can't see it myself in the photos, but perhaps there was a meaning behind the two foil colors, unless one turned out to be
Some cards do not have serial numbers. On backs where s# usually shows, it has a date August 22, 2004

Members online

Latest posts