Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Help with presenting a baseball card project. UPDATED :D

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

rsmath

Nov 8, 2008
Re: Help with presenting an important baseball card project

r2d2 said:
Thanks for your comment. Now I have more evidence that a potential LMP set could do well internationally.

I only get the two channels. Just say that there are some in the states that follow LMP - don't mention satellite because if those feeds are supposed to be encrypted, they might get that way if the games aren't supposed to be seen outside of Mexico.

r2d2

Aug 24, 2008
Mexico City
Re: Help with presenting an important baseball card project

rsmath said:
r2d2 said:
Thanks for your comment. Now I have more evidence that a potential LMP set could do well internationally.

I only get the two channels. Just say that there are some in the states that follow LMP - don't mention satellite because if those feeds are supposed to be encrypted, they might get that way if the games aren't supposed to be seen outside of Mexico.

Hehe; I'll just say that people follow the LMP in the US and that there is interested in the card collecting community about possible Mexican cards.

r2d2

Aug 24, 2008
Mexico City
We (brother and I) presented it yesterday at the Mexican Winter League offices to the President of the League and did great!
I could see he liked in his face during my ppt presentation and at the end he told us how much he likes the idea and thanked us several times after for the idea. I was really flattered because he has a successful marketing background and I don't have any experience in that area, so I'm glad I did it well.

We left the ppt with him and promised to present it to sponsors. He said maybe we could be the representatives of the project and present it to the sponsors. Unfortunately the league has limited resources and personnel for making this kind of project by themselves but he said he would be interested in fully supporting them through an sponsor who then would decide how to proceed.

Just wanted to share this amazing experience. :D

DaClyde

Jan 17, 2010
Huntsville, AL
That is great news, indeed! If there is anyone left in the LMB office that was in any way connected to the set that was released in 2005, or even with the sticker set that was issued in 2009 with Marinela, it would be interesting to hear whether those were considered a success or not. Considering how difficult they are to find now, there must have been some demand for them.

But at the same time, those sets are both less than 6 years past, and we find ourselves researching them as if they were issued 30-40 years ago. That should also be something to be considered, as far as how well any new sets are publicized. If 6 years later, collectors have to play Indiana Jones just to dig up information on a recent, nationally released set, someone in the marketing department should be asked some serious questions about where the marketing budget went.

r2d2

Aug 24, 2008
Mexico City
DaClyde said:
That is great news, indeed! If there is anyone left in the LMB office that was in any way connected to the set that was released in 2005, or even with the sticker set that was issued in 2009 with Marinela, it would be interesting to hear whether those were considered a success or not. Considering how difficult they are to find now, there must have been some demand for them.

But at the same time, those sets are both less than 6 years past, and we find ourselves researching them as if they were issued 30-40 years ago. That should also be something to be considered, as far as how well any new sets are publicized. If 6 years later, collectors have to play Indiana Jones just to dig up information on a recent, nationally released set, someone in the marketing department should be asked some serious questions about where the marketing budget went.

I gave some background on the Mexican cards in my presentation. I had everything fresh and ready to present because of the conversation we've had on the topic. And the main point of it was, besides showing them as examples, was to show their mistakes as a way to make a great set.

The set I talked the most was my home team set in 2001 because I was involved in it and saw how they developed once it was released. They were the best example of the tragedy that can occur when a product doesn't have marketing. They were a complete failure but it was the producers fault, not the market. People bought them, but complained about the awful packs, too few cards per card, expensive, little time on the shelf and of course, many didn't know about them until they were gone.

And also talked about the 2005 LMB set. Nice quality and good idea, but made the huge mistake we've talked about of not numbering cards and / or releasing a checklist.

Members online

Latest posts