Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

home improvement finds really happen!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

pujols5hof

Aug 9, 2011
i just returned from my michigan trip recently. went to see the new grand daughter, what a lil cutie.
her daddy is readying a room for her and while ripping out a wall this was found.
stone11hassan.jpg
stone11hassanback.jpg

bad shape i know, but him giving me a 100 yr old card is cool anyway. it was probably damaged by the antique ice skate that was lying next to it.

CollectorsCorner

Super Moderator
Feb 13, 2009
I wasn't home at the time but my dad found an old baseball card in our kitchen but it somehow disappeared by the time I got home. Wonder what it was..,

Nice find!

rsmath

Nov 8, 2008
this thread makes me want to go put some 1980's cards in the wall. I wonder if those who do some home improvement on the house in the 2100's will be as ecstatic? ;)

Pine Tar

Mar 1, 2009
Oswego,Illinois
Forget about the card!!!!!........In what shape is the antique ice skate in. Got a picture. :?:

.:mrgreen: Nice find not bad for 100 years old. And seriously someone may want the ice skate as well.

I would slab it (to protect it) and put it in a box for her with the story of how it was found.
Thats a keeper!! :D

I was doing some new sheetrock in my house and found a early 50's painted Pepsi bottle in the wall. It was mint (and clean). I thought a worker building the house drank a cold Pepsi and left it between the studs when he was finished. The bottle looks so clean inside I then thought maybe it was left as a time capsule.

I wonder how many other treasures are "hiding" in the houses.......

zach

Aug 7, 2008
Evil Empire
rsmath said:
this thread makes me want to go put some 1980's cards in the wall. I wonder if those who do some home improvement on the house in the 2100's will be as ecstatic? ;)

With the print runs that were done in the 1980's there will probably still be plenty available at the time too... :lol:

nosterbor

Jun 20, 2010
Sunny Florida
rsmath said:
i did that in 1988.put some 60's and early 70's cards in a wall in the basement of our home we were redoing.we sold in 94 sure they are still in that basement wall.a 100 count box full.put in a sealed plastic bag with a note.

nosterbor

Jun 20, 2010
Sunny Florida
pujols5hof said:
i just returned from my michigan trip recently. went to see the new grand daughter, what a lil cutie.
her daddy is readying a room for her and while ripping out a wall this was found.
stone11hassan.jpg
stone11hassanback.jpg

bad shape i know, but him giving me a 100 yr old card is cool anyway. it was probably damaged by the antique ice skate that was lying next to it.
Awesome find.

Members online

Latest posts