Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

How do you feel about Leaf Trinity patch cards?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

predatorkj

Aug 7, 2008
What if the player never played?
What if it was a spring training game?
Old timers game?

Etc...the transparency isn't there in most cases.

I get that. And it might be hard for a company to actually ensure the jersey was actually used by the player in a game he didn't ride the bench for. But I'll give that far more credit than taking a replica off the shelf and putting it in a card to make it pretty.

gonzagacubs

Aug 7, 2008
Glenpool, OK
Correct me if I am wrong, but Baseball product have not really ever ventured into the event worn products. They do not have rookie photo shoots like the other 3 sports. With the exception of manufactured letter autos and all-star game event pieces, everything else has been game worn to this point, correct?

predatorkj

Aug 7, 2008
Correct me if I am wrong, but Baseball product have not really ever ventured into the event worn products. They do not have rookie photo shoots like the other 3 sports. With the exception of manufactured letter autos and all-star game event pieces, everything else has been game worn to this point, correct?

That I know of. You do have the Mickey Mantle relics which were just pieces of his clothes(though some of them looked more like boxer shorts). And I have seen some of the same in Allen and Ginter too. Plus you have stadium benches, dirt, turf(football), and pieces if the outfield wall.

But for the most part, I believe(just my opinion) that everything comes from either a game or player issued. But honestly I knew it would get heavier on player issued instead of game used because companies would eventually figure out that nobody would be able to know the difference or prove otherwise. And it probably not only saves them a fortune, but it's probably a lot easier to obtain and in bigger quantity.

Which is why I frown on these cards that aren't gu. I do not want them to get any further than they already have from gu. Sadly, the days of pulling a game used jersey piece with some real dirt or sweat on it from a pack of absolute memorabilia or prime patches are gone. Which makes me like those cards so much more as the days go by.

SINFULONE

Sep 26, 2008
This has been done for 12-13 years. I like how everybody is shocked that this happens. I don't see the big deal. Its not like these companies are trying to pass them off as Game Worn. Never have. Neither is Leaf.

The athlete wore these pieces, its the same as a game used card, even if it wasn't game used. I love how the companies get a pass for doing this in football, but don't you dare do it in baseball! AHHHH!!!

I know it's been done for years, it's just interesting Topps can't even give the player the right jersey number.I think some give the NFL cards a free pass because rookies haven't played a NFL down when the rookie photo shoot is held, hence no game worn material.Leaf has had a good amount of time to secure game worn uniforms this late in the year after the season is over.

Super Mario

Mar 1, 2009
Mushroom Kingdom
The only time I would want a jersey card that is event worn would be from something like the post game ceremony after the final game at old Busch Stadium where the Cardinals invited all former players back and they had Authentic jerseys on and all ran to their position on the field when announced. If they packaged those 'event worn' cards with the notation of when the event occurred, I would like that.

Mighty Bombjack

Aug 7, 2008
I'm confused. What event were these worn at?
None; I believe these simply say "player worn." Now, I have to wonder when exactly these players wore these items, as well as how many logos and patches each of these "jerseys" had on them, but it doesnt really matter that much to me.

cstmleather

Jan 14, 2009
I think they should be more specific, and I don't agree with Panini doing the same. They went from specifying "RC Photo Shoot" to just "Player Worn" for the NBA RCs. I'm guessing the ones paying a premium for a few players on Ebay don't know any better. And were these all scanned so the patch fakers don't replace the player-worn replica patches with unworn authentic patches?

nappyd

Sep 24, 2012
What if the player never played?
What if it was a spring training game?
Old timers game?

Etc...the transparency isn't there in most cases.

You saying my Moonlight Graham gu might be fake?

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Freedom Card Board mobile app

predatorkj

Aug 7, 2008
What exactly would you like to know?

For one, why do this? Why not try for real gu? Why not be a leader instead of a follower? I normally dig your products so do not mistake me for someone trying to bash you.

Super Mario

Mar 1, 2009
Mushroom Kingdom
My question for [MENTION=1948]Leaf[/MENTION] is why couldn't the company put a notation on the card telling exactly when and where the player wore the jersey?

BluesBroSJ

Jan 19, 2009
Kansas
My question for [MENTION=1948]Leaf[/MENTION] is why couldn't the company put a notation on the card telling exactly when and where the player wore the jersey?

Why is this a question for just leaf? Shouldn't this be a question for ALL companies to answer. Even donruss / panini had gone from putting a picture of the memorabilia used on the card to the standard "this is from something used somewhere at some time"

Just reading this thread I feel like leaf is put on a higher level of expectation when compared to panini/topps/UD.

BBCgalaxee

Sep 9, 2011
When and where the player wore the jersey?? Seriously?

Sent from my HTCONE using Freedom Card Board mobile app

Leaf

Aug 7, 2008
For one, why do this? Why not try for real gu? Why not be a leader instead of a follower? I normally dig your products so do not mistake me for someone trying to bash you.

First and foremost, thanks for the respectful question..

Game used jerseys are virtually non-existent on these young players..

Next year, after a year in the minors, some of these shirts will surface and be available.

I love using game used, but when it doesn't exist available for sale, what qe did is the best available cool
Patch alternative (these are a step better than manufactured patches as at least the player wore this)..

BG

Members online