Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

How many ST requests have you sent out this year?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

TBTwinsFan

Nov 8, 2009
Southwestern Minnesota
muskiesfan said:
I was thinking about sending off to a few of the Reds players, but I am not sure. If I got them out today, they should get there in plenty of time, right?

Yes, there should be PLENTY of time on it. I think you have another 2 weeks or so. But, if it's worrying you, I am sure you can just send them during the season.

I was going to send to Taillon, but seeing as though I have only 1 ST Success I am going to wait until the season starts.

olerud363

Jun 14, 2010
Ontario, Canada
Other things that have been rumored to work:
Rubbing your finger over the card. (I don't do that... it's kinda gross).
Using pantyhose (for reasons that are obvious, I don't use them)
Using some sort of eraser. IDK which kind it was (I don't because I want the gloss on the card.)

I did my own little experiment in the fall with a couple of 2009 Topps Chrome cards (posted somewhere in an old thread here), and by far the best method is baby powder. I found that rubbing the surface of the card without baby powder does little or nothing to help to autograph.

- Rod

olerud363

Jun 14, 2010
Ontario, Canada
Back to OP, I've only sent one spring training TTM request, to Aaron Hill because I read in the newspaper in late January that he reported to the Jays' complex early to get in some extra work-outs.

Haven't gotten it back yet.

- Rod

TBTwinsFan

Nov 8, 2009
Southwestern Minnesota
olerud363 said:
Other things that have been rumored to work:
Rubbing your finger over the card. (I don't do that... it's kinda gross).
Using pantyhose (for reasons that are obvious, I don't use them)
Using some sort of eraser. IDK which kind it was (I don't because I want the gloss on the card.)

I did my own little experiment in the fall with a couple of 2009 Topps Chrome cards (posted somewhere in an old thread here), and by far the best method is baby powder. I found that rubbing the surface of the card without baby powder does little or nothing to help to autograph.

- Rod

What's interesting is that some players do rub their fingers on the spot where they are going to auto :lol:

Baby powder by far is the best too. I can;t figure out why some TTMers are anti-powder?

TBTwinsFan

Nov 8, 2009
Southwestern Minnesota
Sending my last 2 ST requests...

Jameson Taillon (4 chromes)
Mike Kvasnicka (3 School Colors)

Still haven't sent to:

Cuddyer, Ianetta, and Chone Figgins... Oh well...

Ryan The Orange

Mar 30, 2010
St. Louis
Adam Wainwright - 2/22
Rick Ankiel - 2/22
Joe Nathan - 2/24
Randy Wolf - 2/26
Drew Stubbs - 2/26
Ben Zobrist - 2/28
Jon Jay - 2/28
Carlos Carrasco - 2/28
Mike Cameron - 2/28
Vladimir Guerrero - 3/2
Mark McGwire - 3/7
Orlando Hudson - 3/7
Chone Figgins - 3/7

No returns yet.

TBTwinsFan

Nov 8, 2009
Southwestern Minnesota
It's safe to say, with only 2 successes, (one of which is Neshek), that unless I get some serious mail back, I am retiring from the ST game. I know some send back WAAAAY late in the season... Neil Walker did that for me last year.

I am using the rest of my stamps for UFC and Non-Sport, but I plan on getting ready for sending some season requests out to MiLB and to

Chone Figgins
Justin Masterson.

olerud363

Jun 14, 2010
Ontario, Canada
olerud363 said:
Back to OP, I've only sent one spring training TTM request, to Aaron Hill because I read in the newspaper in late January that he reported to the Jays' complex early to get in some extra work-outs.

- Rod

Got back today, giving me a perfect Spring Training return rate (1 for 1)! Total wait 45 days.

[center:1p2xfrzc]HillAG.jpg[/center:1p2xfrzc]

TBTwinsFan

Nov 8, 2009
Southwestern Minnesota
olerud363 said:
olerud363 said:

- Rod

Got back today, giving me a perfect Spring Training return rate (1 for 1)! Total wait 45 days.

[center:6k9dc4nm]HillAG.jpg[/center:6k9dc4nm]

Nice look on that bad boy!

Members online

Latest posts