Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

I cannot believe what I had to pay for this....

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

TNP777

Aug 7, 2008
the 209
At least he didn't have to go through the BS of getting a Bench auto IP. I've heard the guy is a royal ass when it comes to dealing with the public/his fans.

nborton

Aug 7, 2008
Winston-Salem, NC
flightposite said:
Question: What is crazier than prospectors?

Answer: Topps set collectors.

So, so true. It makes going for Grandersons in sets like Heritage nearly impossible. There is no justification for the prices being paid for a basic jersey swatch #ed to 75. The stupid Granderson/Kaline ones this year were selling for $200+. No way am I paying that for a plain white jersey card.

By the way, that Bench is an awesome looking card. That set is a great auto set.

G

theplasticman said:
Nice! How tough are those?
Um they are a little tough but if you wet them first then there easier to chew. :)

Nice beach he has an awesome signature.

bballcardkid

Aug 7, 2008
Lexington, Kentucky
nborton said:
flightposite said:

So, so true. It makes going for Grandersons in sets like Heritage nearly impossible. There is no justification for the prices being paid for a basic jersey swatch #ed to 75. The stupid Granderson/Kaline ones this year were selling for $200+. No way am I paying that for a plain white jersey card.

By the way, that Bench is an awesome looking card. That set is a great auto set.

If those are going for that, I'd love to see what this would go for.

MantleRodriguez.jpg

nborton

Aug 7, 2008
Winston-Salem, NC
bballcardkid said:
nborton said:
flightposite said:

If those are going for that, I'd love to see what this would go for.

MantleRodriguez.jpg

No joke, I bet that gets easily $500 or more.

Looks like the Granderson/Kaline dual has leveled out around $100 now. Still crazy considering the card isn't really that great in itself.

[ebay:2cqg0aq3]390016479528[/ebay:2cqg0aq3]

nborton

Aug 7, 2008
Winston-Salem, NC
The black refractors are always good sellers in the Heritage set too. The 08 Granderson black refractors are getting almost $50.

[ebay:w10jp7e9]360116355083[/ebay:w10jp7e9]

MojoDan

Aug 22, 2008
...yet another instance where you are taking it to thenextlevel

...thats why your sig looks the way it does, you go the extra mile

nborton

Aug 7, 2008
Winston-Salem, NC
It would be awesome if that set was like APOH and they kept it going forever. Do some sort of buyback type set with autos on the guy's RC once he goes into the Hall or something.

It's one of the great sets. It would be nice to see it continue.

wideright

Aug 7, 2008
Wow, that's not surprising to me. The Bench autos in my set cost more than I thought they would go for. But, for that price, I got the Piazza/Bench dual. That's insane for a single auto!! Beautiful card though, and great auto.

Members online

Latest posts