Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

If the game is rained out, does Boston win?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

JoshHamilton

Aug 7, 2008
scotty21690 said:
Yes, went the minimum amount of innings.

According to Rule 3.10:

If the game has completed the bottom half of the 5th inning and either team is ahead, the game can be deemed an official game. The leading team is declared the winner, and the game officially counts in standings. (In some Minor League Baseball and college games, this scenario is possible only in the final game of a series.) However, if the game is rained out prior to the completion of an inning in which the visiting team scored one or more runs to take the lead, and the home team has not retaken the lead, the game is suspended, to be resumed at a later date.

CAN? It's apparently up to the discretion of the umpire-in-chief?

That is ludicrous. It shouldn't be open to interpretation and whether or not a game is meaningful

scotty21690

Aug 7, 2008
Well it wouldn't matter anyways because there is absolutely no time to make the game up considering the possible game 163 is scheduled for tomorrow and then playoffs start the day after.

rebelpawn

Aug 7, 2008
La Jolla. CA
No way in hell they don't get the whole game in. I wish they'd call it but there's no way they will, too much at stake. They'll be there until noon tomorrow if they have to.

RITM

Aug 25, 2008
The 1 game playoff has to be tomorrow right? If so the ump will have to call it eventually.

RITM

Aug 25, 2008
Red Sox were able to watch the Rays tie it just before the tarp was removed at Camden Yards.

rymflaherty

Aug 7, 2008
I understand the desire to finish the game......but is it "fair" to finish this game at 2 in the morning when Boston could potentially have to fly to Tampa for a 4pm game tomorrow with the season on the line.
This entire night is turning into a **** show.

RITM

Aug 25, 2008
Game on. Reports is weather will not be a factor and the game will go 9.

Interesting way to resume. HBP on the first pitch.

rymflaherty

Aug 7, 2008
:lol:

Yeah forget my last post, guess there going again (better buckle my seatbelt). I had seen the radar that didn;t seem like the rain was going to let up.....which is why I was thinking it could go to 1-2 in the morning if they were hellbent on getting this in.

Members online

Latest posts