Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Is Derek Lee a ruh-tard?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Super Mario

Mar 1, 2009
Mushroom Kingdom
gonzagacubs said:
goldenegg1 said:
Sam Banks said:
aarne13 said:
Derek Lee has a daughter with special needs. That is the main reason that he wants to stay in Chicago.

Refraining.

Refraining from what? Making fun of his daughter?
I am glad D. Lee will finish out this year as a Cub, he is the only one who plays hard it seems.

Tyler Colvin says otherwise.

Colvin, and there was another young player who played pretty well against the Cardinals their last series.

Can't remember his name though.

gonzagacubs

Aug 7, 2008
Glenpool, OK
Sam Banks said:
gonzagacubs said:
goldenegg1 said:
[quote="Sam Banks":3lhld6zd]
aarne13 said:
Derek Lee has a daughter with special needs. That is the main reason that he wants to stay in Chicago.

Refraining.

I am glad D. Lee will finish out this year as a Cub, he is the only one who plays hard it seems.

Colvin, and there was another young player who played pretty well against the Cardinals their last series.

Can't remember his name though.[/quote:3lhld6zd]

Starlin Castro.

Super Mario

Mar 1, 2009
Mushroom Kingdom
gonzagacubs said:
Sam Banks said:
gonzagacubs said:
goldenegg1 said:
[quote="Sam Banks":2dhzcgnr]
aarne13 said:

Refraining.

Starlin Castro.[/quote:2dhzcgnr]

Yeah, I believe so. Those two had pretty good series's. If that's a word, lol.

gonzagacubs

Aug 7, 2008
Glenpool, OK
Sam Banks said:
gonzagacubs said:
[quote="Sam Banks":y71dj9bg]
gonzagacubs said:
goldenegg1 said:
[quote="Sam Banks":y71dj9bg]
aarne13 said:

Refraining.

Starlin Castro.[/quote:y71dj9bg]

Yeah, I believe so. Those two had pretty good series's. If that's a word, lol.[/quote:y71dj9bg]

Yeah most definitely. I wanted the sweep on Sunday, not gonna lie, and was yelling obscenities at the tv when Lopez hit that homer in extras. :lol:

TNP777

Aug 7, 2008
the 209
I met a fairy today who granted me one wish. "I want to live forever " I said.

"Sorry" said the fairy, "I'm not allowed to grant wishes like that!"

"Fine" I said, "I want to die when the Cubs win the World Series."

"You crafty bastard," said the fairy.

Super Mario

Mar 1, 2009
Mushroom Kingdom
gonzagacubs said:
Sam Banks said:
gonzagacubs said:
[quote="Sam Banks":31x7kdt5]
gonzagacubs said:
goldenegg1 said:
[quote="Sam Banks":31x7kdt5][quote="aarne13":31x7kdt5]Derek Lee has a daughter with special needs. That is the main reason that he wants to stay in Chicago.

Refraining.

Starlin Castro.[/quote:31x7kdt5]

Yeah, I believe so. Those two had pretty good series's. If that's a word, lol.[/quote:31x7kdt5]

Yeah most definitely. I wanted the sweep on Sunday, not gonna lie, and was yelling obscenities at the tv when Lopez hit that homer in extras. :lol:[/quote:31x7kdt5]

At least the Cardinals showed up for one National televised game during the series. But like I said on my FaceBook after the series, the Cubs can have it, the Cardinals will settle for first place.

Super Mario

Mar 1, 2009
Mushroom Kingdom
TNP777 said:
I met a fairy today who granted me one wish. "I want to live forever " I said.

"Sorry" said the fairy, "I'm not allowed to grant wishes like that!"

"Fine" I said, "I want to die when the Cubs win the World Series."

"You crafty bastard," said the fairy.

Thanked, and I am stealing this.

ballerskrip

Aug 7, 2008
Chicago Area
gonzagacubs said:
The Angels are pretty much in the same place as the Cubs at this point in the season, out of the playoff picture. D Lee likes playing in Chicago, and is a fan favorite. No reason for him to agree to a trade to the Angels. His career is winding down, and I could easily see him retire a Cub.

I agree with most of this, but he won't re-sign with the Cubs. He just doesn't want to move his family twice within 6 months. Plus he has a daughther that has had some medical issues and is truly a family man.

Sam, not everyone of these players feels the need to jump around to try to win. He loves Chicago, he loves the city, and he will be a free-agent in 2 months. That makes him a "ruh-tard"? I would say that the OP, you, are the "ruh-tard" for making such an idiotic post.

Super Mario

Mar 1, 2009
Mushroom Kingdom
ballerskrip said:
gonzagacubs said:
The Angels are pretty much in the same place as the Cubs at this point in the season, out of the playoff picture. D Lee likes playing in Chicago, and is a fan favorite. No reason for him to agree to a trade to the Angels. His career is winding down, and I could easily see him retire a Cub.

I agree with most of this, but he won't re-sign with the Cubs. He just doesn't want to move his family twice within 6 months. Plus he has a daughter that has had some medical issues and is truly a family man.

Sam, not everyone of these players feels the need to jump around to try to win. He loves Chicago, he loves the city, and he will be a free-agent in 2 months. That makes him a "ruh-tard"? I would say that the OP, you, are the "ruh-tard" for making such an idiotic post.

He loves the Cubs so much, but by your own admittance he won't re-sign with them, :lol: :lol:

No seriously, I didn't know about his daughter or that he was a free agent after this season. I can't say I blame him, but me personally, I would **** of there any way possible ASAP.

gonzagacubs

Aug 7, 2008
Glenpool, OK
ballerskrip said:
gonzagacubs said:

I agree with most of this, but he won't re-sign with the Cubs. He just doesn't want to move his family twice within 6 months. Plus he has a daughther that has had some medical issues and is truly a family man.

Fair enough, so do you think we go after another 1st baseman in free agency? I just don't see his replacement anywhere in the minors, or on the big league roster right now.

ballerskrip

Aug 7, 2008
Chicago Area
Sam Banks said:
ballerskrip said:
gonzagacubs said:

I agree with most of this, but he won't re-sign with the Cubs. He just doesn't want to move his family twice within 6 months. Plus he has a daughter that has had some medical issues and is truly a family man.

He loves the Cubs so much, but by your own admittance he won't re-sign with them, :lol: :lol:

No seriously, I didn't know about his daughter or that he was a free agent after this season. I can't say I blame him, but me personally, I would **** of there any way possible ASAP.

Sam, I probably would to. But it is somewhat refreshing to see a player happy with where he is, caring about his family, etc. It is not that I think Lee won't want to re-sign with the Cubs, I think the Cubs won't re-sign him. I could see them moving Colvin to first, or moving Nady there for one year before a long term solution is brought in.

AmishDave

Featured Contributor, Collector Showcase, Senior M
Sep 19, 2009
Ely, MN
James52411 said:
gonzagacubs said:

I hope not, because he is on the downtrend of his career and the Cubs need to upgrade the position.

Don't they have Hee Sop Choi in the minors to fill 1B once Lee leaves ?

ballerskrip

Aug 7, 2008
Chicago Area
55_marlins_sp said:
James52411 said:
gonzagacubs said:

I hope not, because he is on the downtrend of his career and the Cubs need to upgrade the position.

Probably, along with Brian Dopirak....Maybe we can get Jason Stokes from the Marlins

Super Mario

Mar 1, 2009
Mushroom Kingdom
55_marlins_sp said:
James52411 said:
gonzagacubs said:

Man, **** that guy. He ruined Scott Rolen's career for a long time! Screwed up his shoulder bad.

Choi's like, "Hey, I think it might be a good idea if I just stand in the middle of the baseline while a runner is trucking down that thick white line and not move when they're coming toward me."

HE'S a ruh-tard.

Members online

Latest posts