Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Is Topps Big League Minis just the beginning?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Mario1975

May 9, 2012
Do you think Topps will be releasing more non-card products in the future like maybe signed balls, pictures, bobble heads, bats, jerseys, etc. in the future? I think signed balls would work. Would also be interested in a product that consisted of all memorabilia including balls, bats, batting gloves, cleats, jerseys, hats, etc. Wonder if these kind of releases would count against Topp's allotment of products they can release under their mlb license.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Sports Cards by Freedom Card Board.com

goldenegg1

Aug 7, 2008
They've done signed balls and mini helmets in the past. Topps archives reserve, Topps hall of fame, etc

Mario1975

May 9, 2012
Never bought those products. I was on a collecting hiatus at the time. But they seemed like great products. Would love to see them bring them back.

cmnkb8

Nov 17, 2009
The Armpit of America: NEW JERSEY!
Big League minis is a low-cost, low-end product geared toward young collectors IMO.

Autographed balls, bats, and other memorabilia have a much higher production cost, and don't sell as well as cards, so I doubt Topps will want to go down that route again. They tried it in the past, and stopped for a reason.

Lars

Aug 25, 2008
Topps wants to market towards kids not adults since we've all made up our minds as to whether we are going to collect something or not; while they might have spending power even to buy a lone blaster, kids can start a collection of these and their interest may lead them to trading cards.

Mario1975

May 9, 2012
I think signed balls with other memorabilia like signed Jerseys, bats, hats, etc. as chase items could work. They would have to be extremely limited. Think the real issue is if there is a strong enough demand for such a product.

ThoseBackPages

Aug 7, 2008
New York
whatever makes them money is fantastic. i XXXXing love Topps baseball cards and want them to keep making them, regardless of the haters!

BBCgalaxee

Sep 9, 2011
I would like if they continue this, to marry something with cards.

So a box of "whatever" cards would have a big league mini box topper for instance.

Get these new collectibles into hands of people who wouldn't buy them (mostly adults) to get then hooked.

Members online