Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

January - New Arrivals Thread

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Dilferules

Aug 10, 2012
Auburn, WA
January 9:

010921.jpg
The Chavez is only my second 2000 UD MVP Super Script, it joins my Giambi. The Rich Harden is "just a base card" but if you've seen my posts over the last several months you should know that if there is a base card I don't have from 15 years ago it must be *pretty hard to find*. Cost me nearly $5 delivered.

jeffv96masters

Aug 14, 2008
Oh me likes the Superscript :cool:

My first Clemens card pickup in 5 years- net cost to me was $12.51 as I sold $47.30 net worth of cards and had $4.78 eBay bucks from having bought the wife's stuff online. From the 2004 Donruss World Series set- card # 03/05 auto
full

full

jszczech

Dec 27, 2010
Minnesota
Oh me likes the Superscript :cool:

My first Clemens card pickup in 5 years- net cost to me was $12.51 as I sold $47.30 net worth of cards and had $4.78 eBay bucks from having bought the wife's stuff online. From the 2004 Donruss World Series set- card # 03/05 auto
full

full
Nice to see you add a new card Jeff. Congrats

Dilferules

Aug 10, 2012
Auburn, WA
Surprise Sunday mailday:

011021-1.jpg
A couple of sweet '90s cards here. 1999 Star Rubies are one of my favorite sets from the decade, still need a lot of A's from that one. The Master of the Game Refractor is the last Rickey Henderson A's Refractor from the '90s I needed.

Also filled a lot of cheaper A's needs, these were the highlights:
011021-2.jpg
2007 UD Premier cards are a major pain to track down, a "base" issue numbered/99. The 1996 Stadium Club McGwire is the silver foil variation, which was a bit tough to find. The O-Pee-Chee Black Mini Cahill is one of the few cards I was missing from his rookie year. The Barreto finishes off my 2017 Topps Gold A's needs.

metallicalex777

Super Moderator
Aug 7, 2008
Seattle, Wa
Scored this at my LCS. They had it priced at 17.99, they must have mistaken it for the ASG card from the same set or something so it was a no brainer of a pickup -

2017 Topps Update US50 Cody Bellinger RC Rainbow Foil:
Ml2tsUHl.jpg

Dilferules

Aug 10, 2012
Auburn, WA
January 11:

011121.jpg
The Griffin puts me down to 6 remaining for the 2015 Topps regular & Update Black team set. I actually have the Max Muncy RC already (from back when it was a $5 card) so the top one left to pick up is a Mark Canha RC. The Zito was the second to last Topps Gold parallel I needed from his Giants years. The Eierman Blue auto doesn't have a dinged corner, it's just the penny sleeve...but the autograph IS that faded. Oh well, not much of a prospect anyway. Who knows why it's /143 instead of /150. The Canseco 1997 SPx Gold was in a lot with 8 random SPx base cards. Still need the Bronze and Silver versions, and of course the Grand Finale but I doubt I'll be picking that one up.

Dilferules

Aug 10, 2012
Auburn, WA
January 12:

011221-1.jpg
Really tough to find one of those "uncirculated" Topps cards from around 2002-2005 where the holder isn't beat to death, and these two are no exception. With stuff like this it would be so much simpler and take up way less space if I just cracked them out and put them in penny sleeves, but I just can't bring myself to do it. The Tejada 1998 Bowman Autograph is the Silver parallel, a bit tough to find. The X-Fractor is /299, and the Fleer Tradition Standout was sneaky tough to find. Trying to finish up my 2006-2012 Ginter Mini Black wants this year, so these three get me closer.

011221-2.jpg
Another UD MVP Super Script right after I had just picked up one on Saturday. The McGwire Power Alley is /4000, pathetic nowadays but not bad back in the day plus it's a beautiful card. The Chapman is my first 2021 card, from a Montgomery Club set.

Dilferules

Aug 10, 2012
Auburn, WA
January 13:

011321.jpg
I really like the look of the 2000 SP Authentic Limited parallels, and the Giambi drops my needs to a single card - Mario Enacarnacion. Still need 6 more 2004 Topps Chrome Red X-Fractors and 3 more Gold Refractors after these two pickups. Down to needing just the regular McGwire 1997 Leaf Fractal Matrix now. The Blackburn completes the 2018 Topps & Update Gold team set. The Star cards are the Cansecos from the 1987 Award Winners set - not pictured are the two Wade Boggs cards that were also included.

Dilferules

Aug 10, 2012
Auburn, WA
Got a huge pile of stuff today as I made my first purchases from my 2021 top priorities list, these are the top highlights. I made a small(er) priority list that I heavily pursued during 2020 and it was really helpful in getting me to mainly go after stuff I really want rather than the billions of cards I don't especially care a lot about. I made a new list for 2021 but it's a bit too large, I may use the same list for 2 years.

011421-1.jpg
A couple from one of the best parallel sets of all time, 2000 Skybox Premium Star Rubies Extreme/50. The Tejada is the seldon seen Inside Axcess parallel/50. Bellhorn is my first A's Z2-Axis card, 06/20. I didn't have any of the Pacific Omega Tim Hudson RC numbered parallels so I rectified that oversight with these two. Still need the Platinum Blue and Premiere Date.

011421-2.jpg
The Chavez gives me 4 of the 5 Brilliants Golds for the A's team set...I don't have any of the 24K versions, though. At least in football I have the Trent Dilfer Brilliants 24K 01/24 so I'm not empty handed. It's hard to tell but the Bowman Giambi is the Golden Anniversary/50. I don't have many from that set.

011421-3.jpg
Lots of Donruss holofoil goodness. Of course I'm particularly fond of the Tim Hudson 14/15.

011421-4.jpg
Various early '00s goodies. The Zito completes the 2003 Fleer Platinum Finish/100 8-card team set.

011421-5.jpg
The Chavez UD MVP Gold Script goes well with the Super Script I picked up recently. The three on the bottom right were just recent eBay pickups, not on my top priorities list...the McGwire was already ripped. I'm a rip ******, those stakes are too high for me. But I do like to pick up ripped rip cards, they are nice looking and there aren't a lot of low-numbered inserts like that with their own design that aren't just parallels with a different color foil or something.

nosterbor

Jun 20, 2010
Sunny Florida

Dilferules

Aug 10, 2012
Auburn, WA
Well I'm glad I don't collect Juan Gonzalez!

Today's arrivals:

011521.jpg
The Zito is a pretty sweet patch/50. Already had the regular/300 and number/75 versions. The Khris Davis is the Jackie Robinson Day variation/99. The LaRussa is out of a Throwback Thursday set, I like the design. The Platinum Stairs gets me a little closer to the 2001 team set but I'm still missing quite a few. The Ramon Hernandez actually completes the 2000 Ultra Platinum Medallion team set (9 cards), the first Platinum team set I've completed.

bstanwood

Sep 24, 2016
Mystic, CT
Well I'm glad I don't collect Juan Gonzalez!

Today's arrivals:

View attachment 120467
The Zito is a pretty sweet patch/50. Already had the regular/300 and number/75 versions. The Khris Davis is the Jackie Robinson Day variation/99. The LaRussa is out of a Throwback Thursday set, I like the design. The Platinum Stairs gets me a little closer to the 2001 team set but I'm still missing quite a few. The Ramon Hernandez actually completes the 2000 Ultra Platinum Medallion team set (9 cards), the first Platinum team set I've completed.
It's odd to me the mcgwire has a fenway background...I know Oakland's stadium isn't quite as picturesque but still, weird

Dilferules

Aug 10, 2012
Auburn, WA
It's odd to me the mcgwire has a fenway background...I know Oakland's stadium isn't quite as picturesque but still, weird

That's not even the weirdest part of that set (1996 Pacific Prism Fence Busters). All the AL cards have a Fenway background, and the NL ones have Wrigley...but when they put the image of the player on the right side of the card rather than the left, they just reversed the background image. So several cards have Fenway with the Green Monster in right field.

1610777486468.png

WizardofOz1982

Sep 30, 2017
Oklahoma
Haven't had a chance to post the mail for the last week so here we go.

Take2.jpg
These were all in a mystery box from a mystery box chain on another site. Lots of 90s insert set fills and my wife couldn't pass up the Star Trek Promo set.

1991 Bowman PSA9.jpg
I've been working on getting all of Bagwell's RCs in a PSA10 but the premium for a PSA10 Bowman is just more than I want to spend when I can get a really nice looking 9 for less than 10% of the price of a 10.

ARod Project Stardom.jpg Delgado RoY.jpg
Love me some '90s Pinnacle/Select Dufex inserts. The ARod was a forum buy as a start on the set. I pulled the Delgado out of a box I bought at a show last weekend. Just my luck I'd catch a case hit 26 years after it was a big deal. Gorgeous card though.

N43 Jewel of St Patrick.jpg
Another checked off my 1890 World's Decorations set checklist. I love the artwork on these early Ginter issues.

219 Bowman Chrome Superfractor.jpg

The big boy this week. This one finishes off my Rookie Chrome Rainbow for Helsley. I just need the Topps Super Auto to finish both Chrome RC rainbows now.

Dilferules

Aug 10, 2012
Auburn, WA
Jeez it's like practically everything that was in the mail arrived today:

011921-1.jpg
A couple of nice additions to the 1988 Topps autographed set. Four more and I'll be under 50 to go.

011921-2.jpg
Pretty good mailday when a Josh Donaldson Bowman Chrome Orange Refractor RC isn't the main event. The Zito auto is /25, he was in a few different Topps sets in 2020 and I've picked up some tough ones but am still missing a lot. The Crosby is a Mirror Emerald 1/5. The McGwire I think is one of those Fractal Matrix cards where the regular one is tougher than the Die-Cut...in any event I don't have the regular one.

011921-3.jpg
BORING.

011921-4.jpg
NOT SO BORING. Got these for $5 each, which seems like a decent deal for the Bazooka Backs. I wish they just would have stuck with this style instead of transitioning to the Brooklyn Backs. I prefer gum to Brooklyn.

And I finally joined the Red Crusade club:
011921-5.jpg011921-6.jpg
I don't really care about it being a PSA 10 myself but it does make it more worth more if I ever decided to sell it. After finally getting one of these in hand, I'm going to be blasphemous and say the Greens and Purples look better. The red color isn't as vibrant as some of the really best red refractors. Still a beautiful card, though. Early frontrunner for my 2021 pickup of the year!

Members online