Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Jason Heyward AFLAC auto

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

JoshHamilton

Aug 7, 2008
bballcardkid said:
JoshHamilton said:
cgilmo said:
JoshHamilton said:
Incline Investments said:
[quote="jbone17":8awvk5yg]I sold mine for $150 because I have too many questions about these things. If I try to sell it later I know it will go down because of the whole sticker thing, print run, and the market is already flooded with these. The more that show up the lower this card will go.

People really don't realize how rare these are...

And just how rare are they, Mr Expert?

there are no more than /250 of any player

I thought the stated print run was no more than 200/player? That probably isn't true, nor is Topps' 1/case claim. Most cased I've seen busted, AFLACs are falling 1-3/case. Never seen a case shorted an AFLAC

There are 31 Heyward AFLAC autos in Ebay's completed listing. No, I'm not taking the time to go through each auction and weed out unsold, item ended early, etc auctions. I'm not doing that for any comparison cards either, so placebo results don't matter.

I compared the print run to Porcello Xfractors and Blue refs. The stated print run of both are 199 and 99.

19 Xfractor closed auctions. 10 Blue Refractor closed auctions. Roughly 10% of the print run of each card, which leads me to believe 10% of the production run has been opened, or somewhere near that figure. That would put the number of Heyward AFLACs around 300. I typed in several other AFLACS and completed auctions were between 21 (Smoker) and 39 (Porcello). Most were around 32, which would leave me to believe Topps is lying yet again.

And 300 isn't that rare. In fact I believe that would make the non auto'd AFLACs rarer than the auto'd ones. Wasn't the print run of the regular cards 500?

That's a rediculous argument. There are so many factors that play into this that you didn't account for.[/quote:8awvk5yg]

Looking at two closed auctions with confirmed serially numbered print runs, and comparing them with a card with an unconfirmed print run, and extrapolating a guess of a total print run based on those, isn't "rediculous"

By the way, learn to spell

goblue6919

Aug 7, 2008
I wouldn't be surprised if there is more than 200. I also saw 4-5 Heyward AFLACS at a recent show I went to and my friend pulled one.

Incline Investments

Aug 15, 2008
Cali
ballerskrip said:
jbone17 said:
I sold mine for $150 because I have too many questions about these things. If I try to sell it later I know it will go down because of the whole sticker thing, print run, and the market is already flooded with these. The more that show up the lower this card will go.

I tend to disagree. I think we are going to see them dip a bit more, but when the case ripping slows down and these aren't being pulled any more, they will got back up in price. When there is 1 or 2 listed a week, the price will definitely rise....Supply and demand, right now the supply is just too high, with case rippers trying to get their money back!

skrip

Skrip, you are 100% right there buddy.

Jbone, that wasn't me man.

Josh Hamilton, interesting that you call me out like that. We talked quite a bit back on the BMB, and I guess you don't remember who I am or I doubt you would have done that.

bballcardkid

Aug 7, 2008
Lexington, Kentucky
JoshHamilton said:
bballcardkid said:
JoshHamilton said:
cgilmo said:
JoshHamilton said:
[quote="Incline Investments":2x3mb8rq][quote="jbone17":2x3mb8rq]I sold mine for $150 because I have too many questions about these things. If I try to sell it later I know it will go down because of the whole sticker thing, print run, and the market is already flooded with these. The more that show up the lower this card will go.

People really don't realize how rare these are...

And just how rare are they, Mr Expert?

there are no more than /250 of any player

I thought the stated print run was no more than 200/player? That probably isn't true, nor is Topps' 1/case claim. Most cased I've seen busted, AFLACs are falling 1-3/case. Never seen a case shorted an AFLAC

There are 31 Heyward AFLAC autos in Ebay's completed listing. No, I'm not taking the time to go through each auction and weed out unsold, item ended early, etc auctions. I'm not doing that for any comparison cards either, so placebo results don't matter.

I compared the print run to Porcello Xfractors and Blue refs. The stated print run of both are 199 and 99.

19 Xfractor closed auctions. 10 Blue Refractor closed auctions. Roughly 10% of the print run of each card, which leads me to believe 10% of the production run has been opened, or somewhere near that figure. That would put the number of Heyward AFLACs around 300. I typed in several other AFLACS and completed auctions were between 21 (Smoker) and 39 (Porcello). Most were around 32, which would leave me to believe Topps is lying yet again.

And 300 isn't that rare. In fact I believe that would make the non auto'd AFLACs rarer than the auto'd ones. Wasn't the print run of the regular cards 500?

That's a rediculous argument. There are so many factors that play into this that you didn't account for.[/quote:2x3mb8rq]

Looking at two closed auctions with confirmed serially numbered print runs, and comparing them with a card with an unconfirmed print run, and extrapolating a guess of a total print run based on those, isn't "rediculous"

By the way, learn to spell[/quote:2x3mb8rq]

Yes it is "ridiculous."

1.) Most busters sold these cards as soon as they pulled them to maximize their sale.
2.) The difference in Porcello and Smoker Aflac sales could be attributed to the high dollar figure that Porcello was getting initially, that Smoker wasn't, thus everyone was cashing in.
3.) Your going to take a sample of the proposed 10% of the population and expect to come to some resolution regarding such population. Someone didn't take a statistics class.
4.) I'm sorry I suck at spelling. Last time I checked it wasn't a necessity. Go participate in a spelling bee if your going to demonstrate your exceptional spelling skills, otherwise keep it off of a card forum. It shows a sign of last resort/desperation for your arguments.

Sly

Aug 7, 2008
cgilmo said:
yeah, because of what happened that one time.

It's the exception rather than the rule.

You think that's the only time it's happened?

Do you forget the Red Refractor debacle?? How about the Moment & Milestones fiasco??

Sorry, but way too many of these are showing up on THIS BOARD for there to be only 250. Hate to say it, but there are MANY out there busting this product that are not on this board.

And were none of these distirbuted in set form, therefore lowering the 250 number to be released in packs?? (I could be wrong on this if they were not distributed).

schmidtfan20

Aug 24, 2008
So would this be a fair list in order of popularity of Heyward cards?

1) Aflac Auto
2) 07 Sterling Auto
3) EEE Auto
4) 08 Chrome Auto

Kevbo

Aug 7, 2008
how's about the second coolest guy in the aflac set, little ricky porcello.
(by the way, that print run is /550)

His diamondking auto is pretty cool, but it's a sticker..
and there's the one #d to 10 that has patches and an auto - and they show him in a detroit uniform...

There's his EEE's, which sell fairly cheap,

His Aflac and aflac autos,

and his Bowman Chrome - no auto, but CHROME!!! and of course, Tigers uni and mlb license.

what's the cool card for him? it's gonna be Sterling aint it?

Bruin7

Aug 7, 2008
FL
cgilmo said:
its still not the heyward card to get though

this one is

heywardgem.jpg

Actually THIS is the definitive Jason Heyward to get :) (besides the WAY O/C Red Ref):
SterlingBlack_JasonHeyward22.jpg

Allen

nborton

Aug 7, 2008
Winston-Salem, NC
Wouldn't a more accurate projection of the print run (for those that don't believe Topps) be by how many cases were made? Say they are falling 1.5 per case, then take the odds for superfractors or reds and find out how many cases were made. Then you would know for sure the aflacs.

Members online

Latest posts