Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Jeff Clement Pulled in 3rd Inning - Trade w/Pirates Complete

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Bruin7

Aug 7, 2008
FL
Re: Jeff Clement Pulled in 3rd Inning

darkman said:
I hope Balentien is included in this deal.... get him out of this franchise and somewhere we he can get a chance...

How far has Clement fallen though.. :shock:

I'm going to go ahead and add Jeff Clement as one of the biggest buts ever. The hype generated out of USC had his Draft Gold Refractor selling around $1000 in the very beginning. Good thing I sold that week. I also dislike him cause he's a dirty/used Trojan and didn't sign with the Bruins.

Allen

subject to change

Aug 7, 2008
Pittsburgh, PA
I'd be a lot more comfortable with the trade if the return had been different. Admittedly, I know little about the pitchers we picked up. However, I'm not crazy about the strategy of picking up 2-3 A ball pitchers in the lower half of a team's top 30, tossing them against the wall, and hoping a few stick. I could be proven very very wrong in a couple of years, but it just reminds me a lot of Littlefield's strategy of trading for soft tossing relievers in every deal.

As a centerpiece, Clement baffles me, unless he is flipped in another deal this week. He seems like a defensive liability at either 1B or C, and I can't see him being a longterm piece on this team, unless the club somehow foresees Alvarez staying at 3B. Then again, I'm more than a little bias in the whole situation.

centerfieldsports

Aug 7, 2008
Everett Mall, Everett, WA
Clement will be able to hit in the nl, he will need to play 1st his knees are shot....I just had him sign his chest protector that i own that he is wearing on his bowman rc , and 2 2007 game used jersesys on the 27th....glad i went down there..
Brett Lorin has good up side, we was a good steal pick for the m's last year in the 5th round, I watched him pitch alot in Everett last season.

scotty21690

Aug 7, 2008
Re: Jack Wilson traded to Seattle

subject to change said:
I'm not really sure what to say...Jack has been my favorite player since his rookie year. I suppose it's not a total loss, because Seattle is actually my second favorite team, but... I still had a little bit of hope that Jack and Freddy might be resigned. It's really becoming hard for me to still be a fan of this team.
Did they seriously trade away their whole dang starting squad this season???

bballcardkid

Aug 7, 2008
Lexington, Kentucky

scotty21690 said:
subject to change said:
I'm not really sure what to say...Jack has been my favorite player since his rookie year. I suppose it's not a total loss, because Seattle is actually my second favorite team, but... I still had a little bit of hope that Jack and Freddy might be resigned. It's really becoming hard for me to still be a fan of this team.

Pit wants a couple MiLB league championships, not MLB championships.
:lol:

scotty21690

Aug 7, 2008

bballcardkid said:
scotty21690 said:
subject to change said:

Pit wants a couple MiLB league championships, not MLB championships.
:lol:
Mission accomplished.

Members online

Latest posts