Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Jorge Posada Retiring

HOFer?

• Total voters

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Austin

Aug 7, 2008
Dallas, Texas
Jorge now gets to spend more time with his wife.

Jorge-Posadas-Wife-Laura03.jpg

markakis8

Oct 31, 2008
elmalo said:
markakis8 said:
I say no, but if Fisk and Carter are in, there is no reason Posada shouldn't be in. But I disagree with it.
Fisk and Carter are 2 of the greatest all around catchers to ever play the game. Posada is borderline. He could get in and maybe not.

Disagree. Fisk MIGHT crack my top 10 catchers of all time (probably not, don't know). Carter wouldn't make it.

But like I said, there are many that are in the HOF that shouldn't be. Fisk and Carter definitely deserve to be in the HOF over many players that are in, so why shouldn't they be in? Why shouldn't Posada be in? Why shouldn't Jason Kendall? Bring him in too!

mredsox89

Aug 29, 2008
Miami/Boston
markakis8 said:
elmalo said:
markakis8 said:
I say no, but if Fisk and Carter are in, there is no reason Posada shouldn't be in. But I disagree with it.
Fisk and Carter are 2 of the greatest all around catchers to ever play the game. Posada is borderline. He could get in and maybe not.

Disagree. Fisk MIGHT crack my top 10 catchers of all time (probably not, don't know). Carter wouldn't make it.

But like I said, there are many that are in the HOF that shouldn't be. Fisk and Carter definitely deserve to be in the HOF over many players that are in, so why shouldn't they be in? Why shouldn't Posada be in? Why shouldn't Jason Kendall? Bring him in too!

Fisk not in your top 10?

2nd in career WAR among C
2rd in career HR among C
6th in career RBI among C

elmalo

Feb 19, 2010
markakis8 said:
elmalo said:
markakis8 said:

You cannot be serious. Jason Kendall doe not belong in the same sentence with Carter and Fisk. Lance Parrish, maybe. Jason Kendall, absolutely not. If Fisk and Carter arent in your top ten all around catchers than I would like to see your list. Both were great hitting catchers and multiple gold glove winners.

elmalo

Feb 19, 2010
mredsox89 said:
markakis8 said:
elmalo said:
markakis8 said:

Fisk not in your top 10?
Not to mention that he was a great catcher as well.

2nd in career WAR among C
2rd in career HR among C
6th in career RBI among C

zach

Aug 7, 2008
Evil Empire
mredsox89 said:
He's a fringe HOF guy based on his stats. His postseason experience and 5 rings could get him in. But he just doesn't scream HOF. Could be one of those guys that just plugs along moving up the % of votes and gets in toward the end of his time on the ballot

Couldn't agree more.

He was good, but not great.

ChasHawk

Sep 4, 2008
Belvidere, Illinois
Bench
Berra
Campy
Cochrane
Piazza
Rodriguez
Fisk
Carter
Hartnett
Dickey

If Carter & Fisk aren't in your top 10, then who the hell is?

And Posada will get in because of the rings, and because he was a career Yankee.

Y4NK335

Aug 7, 2008
TBD
For anyone interested:

"The team says that Posada will officially announce his retirement at an 11am ET press conference at Yankee Stadium tomorrow. It will be broadcast live on YES, Yankees.com, and MLB.com LIVE."

He will definitely be missed. Will always be one of those players that I can say I grew up around. Great to see him play all 17 years of his career in Pinstripes. HOF or not, he is one of those players that deserves the utmost respect.

championMan

Apr 16, 2009
elmalo said:
You are missing the whole point of the ring argument. Posada is a borderline Hall of Famer, however, he has five World Series rings, so there is the possibility that those 5 rings could push him into the hall of Fame. Phil Rizzuto is a better example. Great SS, good lead off hitter. His numbers certainly dont scream Hall of Fame, however, he was a major factor in all of those Yankees World Series.

Yep if the reporter don't vote him in the veteran committee will eventually vote for him. They understand C is a very hard position to put up good # and to play for famous organization that won only help get vote . So that alone the veteran committee will let him in the hall.

elmalo

Feb 19, 2010
Austin said:
Jorge now gets to spend more time with his wife.

Jorge-Posadas-Wife-Laura03.jpg
Ella es una chica plastica. She was prettier before all that.
[youtube:e39pb334]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kSzLRpbP60s[/youtube:e39pb334]

Members online

Latest posts