Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Jose Bautista

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

porcello94

Aug 9, 2009
ronfromfresno said:
I would think that a young rookie, in his first start, would be the most likely to hit a batter he hit a homerun off of him. The reasoning would be that the rookie is trying to show how much he's a part of the team and how he'll stand up for the team.

Good point, I agree.

ronfromfresno

Aug 7, 2008
Fresno, CA
Hallsgator said:
porcello94 said:
aarne13 said:
porcello94 said:
I wouldn't care, but that could not be more selfish considering they're in 4th place. Take a seat with your 40th bomb, you're not hitting any in october.
So you're saying everyone not in a pennant race should stfu and pack it in? These guys are still competitive even though they are not in 1st.

No not at all.

I just feel like he was making a huge deal out of nothing first off all, and second of all taking your sweet time around the bases and taking a curtain call doesn't really show a "team" spirit.

In reality every player pretty much is worried about his individual performance first, and that's absolutely normal, but to be satisfied in 4th place is what bothers me.
Who says they are satisfied? If anything, this show they are still being competitive. If they didn't care, they would shurg this off and lay down for the Yankees.

I guess J.P. is the most selfish player in history, considering he took a curtain call in his debut. Oh well. :/

Do Yankees players not take curtain calls? I thought it was part of the game, everyone does it to acknowledge the fans.

Hallsgator

Aug 7, 2008
Charleston, SC
ronfromfresno said:
Hallsgator said:
porcello94 said:
aarne13 said:
porcello94 said:
I wouldn't care, but that could not be more selfish considering they're in 4th place. Take a seat with your 40th bomb, you're not hitting any in october.
So you're saying everyone not in a pennant race should stfu and pack it in? These guys are still competitive even though they are not in 1st.

No not at all.

I just feel like he was making a huge deal out of nothing first off all, and second of all taking your sweet time around the bases and taking a curtain call doesn't really show a "team" spirit.

In reality every player pretty much is worried about his individual performance first, and that's absolutely normal, but to be satisfied in 4th place is what bothers me.
Who says they are satisfied? If anything, this show they are still being competitive. If they didn't care, they would shurg this off and lay down for the Yankees.

I guess J.P. is the most selfish player in history, considering he took a curtain call in his debut. Oh well. :/

Do Yankees players not take curtain calls? I thought it was part of the game, everyone does it to acknowledge the fans.
According to Yankee fans, no.

numba1yankeefan

Nov 29, 2008
Long Island
ronfromfresno said:
Hallsgator said:
porcello94 said:
aarne13 said:
porcello94 said:

No not at all.

yea i was fine with the curtain call too. just the staring down of an innocent pitcher and fist pumping only when he was next to cervelli was not needed at all

aarne13

Oct 15, 2008
The Permian Basin
porcello94 said:
aarne13 said:
porcello94 said:

No not at all.

Perhaps some of the Yankees players were talking smack? Hard to say what was going on between the players. Bautista is not one to showboat.

muskiesfan

Aug 7, 2008
Murfreesboro, TN
Fist pumping is bad...............except for Joba
Curtain calls are bad.............except for anyone in Yankees pinstripes
Wouldn't have cared.............if the roles were reversed.

This isn't against anyone particular or Yankees fans in general. There are just some people who it bothers unless its their team doing it. Then it's all fine and dandy and they can't understand why it's a big deal. The other fans should just shut up about it and let it go.

Anthony K.

Aug 7, 2008
Enterprise, Alabama
~ I am a Yankees fan and I need to complain because our rookie pitcher was shown up by someone who hit his 40th home run of the season.

Screw him and his 40 home runs. Ivan Nova is the greatest. Next time he will hit him. ~

That about sum it up guys?

cubfan131

Aug 18, 2008
I think I speak for everyone when I say New York and everyone from there can go fornicate themselves with an iron stick.

Best quote ever.

Seriously what is it with New Yorkers always having something stuck up their butt? Take a deep breath and relax.

jarcar

Aug 7, 2008
Vancouver Canada
numba1yankeefan said:
Just hit home run #40 and was a total dick rounding the bases. Staring down Robertson for no reason and shaking his hand in front of Cervelli when he was running home.

Seriously?!?! He got a ball thrown at his head, intentional or not, and the ROOKIE pitcher gave him attitude instead of apologizing. So when he hit is 40th HR and gave the Yankees attitude. He plays with passion and wants to win... what a dick. ::facepalm::

lovethatsticky

Jun 8, 2009
cubfan131 said:
I think I speak for everyone when I say New York and everyone from there can go fornicate themselves with an iron stick.

Best quote ever.

Seriously what is it with New Yorkers always having something stuck up their butt? Take a deep breath and relax.

Take a trip upstate, that's where the things come out of the butts.

braden

Aug 7, 2008
The irony of a Yankees fan complaining about a curtain call is unbelievable. Sweet Jesus, some of you are entirely unbearable.

If only Bautista was honouring the "Mystique and Aura" of the Yanks, it'd all be ok.

coltsnsox07

Aug 19, 2008
Yankee fans are talking about sportsmanship while playing in the building Arod yelled "Ahh" at a guy attemting to catch a pop up when running past him.

gonzagacubs

Aug 7, 2008
Glenpool, OK
Congrats to Bautista for hitting #40. Like many others before him, he produces once he leaves Pittsburgh. Certainly not a jab at the Pirates or their fans, but this has been somewhat of a common trend.

JoshHamilton

Aug 7, 2008
It's a competition. You celebrate when you are victorious against your opponent.

I love it when hitters drop their bat and admire their 445 foot home run before running the bases. I love when pitchers pump their fist when striking out the opposing teams best hitter. You're victorious. Relish it

This has nothing to do with the Yankees or Bautista

Jul 30, 2009
Im sure he gets tested like all the others but it is "interesting" when a guy who didnt hit a single HR in his first 275 ab's AND had averaged 14 HRs a year for his career AND hit only 13 last year AND hit only 16 as a high already has 40 with over a month left.

All this during the year of the pitcher and when HRs are way down.

Like everyone else on the internet, "just saying."

trademhigh

Aug 10, 2008
gonzagacubs said:
Congrats to Bautista for hitting #40. Like many others before him, he produces once he leaves Pittsburgh. Certainly not a jab at the Pirates or their fans, but this has been somewhat of a common trend.
Uhh, no.
Nate Mclouth
Damaso Marte
Xavier Nady
Jason Bay as of late

Those guys all debunk your theory. Maybe some players have more success when they leave the Pirates, but there isn't a trend.

AmishDave

Featured Contributor, Collector Showcase, Senior M
Sep 19, 2009
Ely, MN
Hallsgator said:
porcello94 said:
They play three games in October.

Yes, I'll be watching him October 2nd at Target Field, unless those games have been postponed ...

AmishDave

Featured Contributor, Collector Showcase, Senior M
Sep 19, 2009
Ely, MN
And the only thing that could've made #40 better is if he pulled a Ricky. That would've been EPIC.

**** the Yankees. I wish they'd return back to their 80's days of sucking the rooster of life. Then let's see how many "true, life long fans" stick with 'em.

Oh, and Toronto isn't done. Sure, they're 8 out in the Wild Card or so, but at least this wasn't Felix Pie hitting his 5th HR of the year and doing cartwheels around the bases.

Members online