Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

June 2021 - New Arrivals Thread

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

WizardofOz1982

Sep 30, 2017
Oklahoma
I got into several 90s insert sales this week and they all showed up today.
View attachment 20210612_165207.jpg

I actually managed to find a Barry Colla Postcard of Ozzie I didn't have on eBay this week.

Barry Colla Postcard.jpg

Jeff has become something of a Twitter sensation lately with his #SheGone nation and crusade against quack hitting coaches and crazy baseball drills. I had to grab some merch and he was nice enough to include a signature on the brim as well as a signed card and certificate.

View attachment SheGone Hat.jpg View attachment SheGone Hat Signature.jpg SheGone Nation Certificate.jpg1998 Score Auto.jpg

The biggie this week though was another Ozzie item. He doesn't have any playing era pack pulled signed stuff with the 1997 Donruss Elite Passing the Torch autos being the closest. When I saw this one I had to snag it even if it's a buy back auto. It's tough enough to find /5 parallels at release. Finding one sixteen years after it came out was quite exciting.

2005 Absolute 1997 Donruss Recollection Collection 4/5
2005 Absolute Recollection Collection.jpg2005 Absolute Recollection Collection Back.jpg

Last edited:

Dilferules

Aug 10, 2012
Auburn, WA
Was busy over the weekend and got a pile of stuff Friday and Saturday:

061321-1.jpg
1997 Score Showcase Artist's Proof McGwire completes the 17-card team set. 1996 Leaf Gold Press Proof Ariel Prieto leaves me 2 away from the team set, missing McGwire and Eckersley. All of the Pacific parallels I don't think I'm near the team sets on but always nice to pick up when you can find them. The Dilfer 1999 Contenders Promo is something I've never seen before and there's always a risk it's something phony somebody made in their basement, but of course I bought it anyway.

061321-2.jpg
The 2005 Heritage Chrome Refractor Andre Ethier RC finishes up all of the A's Heritage Chrome Refractors through 2019. Josh Donaldson finishes 2014 Topps Chrome Sepia Refractors/75. The Chavez finishes 2005 Leaf Certified Materials Mirror White. Many of the 2009-2011 "retro" Topps Target cards are practically impossible to find, and now 10+ years later I have to figure if it's an A's card that I don't already have it must be one of the really tough ones so I have to really go after it if I see one, as was the case with this Henry Rodriguez that cost me $6.50 shipped. The Sonny Gray from 2016 Topps Black and White Negative is not really a set I'm going after hard but just something I didn't have that was a decent price.

061321-3.jpg
2001 Donruss Signature 2002 Hawaii Trade Conference/25 cards of Eric Chavez, Mark Mulder, Terrence Long, and Miguel Tejada plus a Xavier Nady rookie subset card numbered 06/10 on the back. The 2002 Donruss and Leaf cards are all 2002 National embossed cards numbered/5 on the back. This is generally not the type of A's stuff I go after a lot but I happened to be buying a card from the seller and they offered combined shipping which made these very reasonably priced.

061321-4.jpg
Some 2002 Chicago Sun-Times/5 cards (Tejada 2001 Donruss Signature is numbered on the back).

061321-5.jpg
Four more for my 1988 Topps signed set, brings my wantlist down to 34. I was surprised to find that the Fred Lynn actually has an MLB hologram sticker on the back, apparently it was signed at the 2009 All-Star FanFest. I like the picture because he looks like your uncle that dyes his hair jet black and thinks nobody knows.

Dilferules

Aug 10, 2012
Auburn, WA
And today's actual mail:

061421.jpg
Huge addition to my Cespedes collection with the Topps Chrome Red Refractor RC auto 14/25. That gives me every Refractor version for his non-auto and auto cards from the set except for Atomic/10 and Super/1...except for his non-auto Sepia/75, which I simply haven't been able to track down for some reason. The 2011 Bowman Chrome Draft Canary 1/1 is Trystan Magnuson, who I don't really care about but it's always nice to pick up a cool 1/1. I also have a Canary Trevor Cahill from 2011 Bowman Chrome which has a slightly different design where the borders don't have the speckle refractor effect. Have to say I prefer this one. The T206 Topsy Hartsel is more beat up than I would have gone for in the past but I need to relax my standards a little because I still have 9 more to go for the team set and they sure haven't been getting any cheaper. The 2000 UD Legends Commemorative Collection 071/100 Reggie Jackson completes that team set, at least. The Reggie Topps Coin is from 1971.

WizardofOz1982

Sep 30, 2017
Oklahoma
I'd basically forgotten about this set until I saw it on eBay last week looking for something else Nolan related. These were given away at 1995 All Star FanFest as a tribute to his career and each of the major manufacturers at the time made one card for the set. I know they were focusing on Texas since the All Star Game was being held in Arlington but I'd love to have seen him in an Angels or Astros uniform on some of the cards. 4 of 5 featuring him with the Rangers is a bit overkill. It could easily be two with the Rangers and 1 each with his other teams to balance it out. The Pinnacle Dufex would really have sparkled with the Astros Sunset jerseys for instance.

Upperdeck - Little busy but that's Upper Deck for ya
1 Upperdeck.jpg 1 Upperdeck Back.jpg

Topps - Off center just like a '68 should be
2 Topps.jpg 2 Topps Back.jpg

Pinnacle - Dufex of course
3 Pinnacle.jpg 3 Pinnacle Back.jpg

Fleer Ultra - If anyone deserves a Gold Medallion it's the Express
4 Ultra.jpg 4 Ultra Back.jpg

Donruss - Clean and classy like the rest of the mid 90s Donruss sets. This card has by far the best back of any of the 5.
5 Donruss.jpg 5 Donruss Back.jpg

JoshHamilton

Aug 7, 2008
Wizard, love the Nolan set. The Pinnacle is one of my favorite cards. I attended the 95 ASG and my favorite player won MVP.

Cross two off the cards-I’ve-always-wanted list. Funny story about the Cicotte - I sold some basketball cards a few months back to fund some bucket list baseball purchases...this was one I wanted. Made an offer for this card that expired, and by the time I contacted the seller he’d already shipped it off for consignment. Made an offer for another one that fell on deaf ears, and one last one that was sold for $15 higher than my offer. Last night I won the original one that was shipped off for consignment
011615182659841b8961da0294e5e5ca.jpg

d1879aac1c37520906f81d2662476766.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Dilferules

Aug 10, 2012
Auburn, WA
That Cicotte is fantastic. I've got one from the same era in my batch for today but not nearly as good.

061821.jpg
A couple of nice Topps parallels with the Luzardo 2021 Black and Chapman 2020 Pink. The T205 Harry Krause gets me down to only 4 left for the team set. The Luzardo Topps Chrome Gold Refractor/50 is out of 2020 Update. The 2007 Bowman Joe Blanton printing plate is kind of neat because it's still got a bunch of ink on it, I don't think I have any other plates like that. And the AK Puk Topps Independence Day/76 RC was about $10 shipped, which I thought was quite decent.

WizardofOz1982

Sep 30, 2017
Oklahoma
Lots of random stuff today so I just scanned a few. I got in another lot of over 100 '90s inserts for set builds so I'll probably share them in the next couple days.

2014 Topps Pat Neshek.jpg
IP Auto of Pat Neshek that's un upgrade of a Phillies certified auto I have.

Yadi Prizm Parllel.jpg
No clue what this parallel is even called but it was $1 and looked cool as all get out lol

2016 Topps Chrome Carlos Rodon RC.jpg

I try to grab RCs of any guys who throw no-hitters.

1982 Cramer Ted Williams.jpg

1982 Cramer Baseball Legends Series 3 Teddy Ballgame - I loved this set as a kid but never owned one that I remember so I snagged one cheap on eBay.

1993 SP Trent Dilfer RC.jpg

SP rookie card of some Super Bowl winning quarterback or something

madbull34

Sep 10, 2009
San Diego, CA
So cool to see everyone's focused collections. Here are my pickups from the last few weeks.

A pair of Arihara autos. Hopefully he can get back to health and back on the roster.

001.jpg

003.jpg

Some wrestling

002.jpg

And Topps finally started making Darvish Cards in a Pads uni. Saw him pitch in spring training. Petco Park is back to 100% capacity so hopefully I can catch him pitch again.

004.jpg

005.jpg

006.jpg

Dilferules

Aug 10, 2012
Auburn, WA
@madbull34 That Jushin Liger autograph is awesome! I was at one of his last U.S. matches in Tacoma in 2019.

Today's arrivals:

061921.jpg
Mike Fiers 2020 Topps Father's Day Blue 42/50 and a 2000 Stadium Club Chrome First Day Refractor Adam Piatt 03/25. May have gotten a better deal on this one because the seller just listed it as a regular refractor. Not a top player but that's a super tough set.

WizardofOz1982

Sep 30, 2017
Oklahoma
Today's mail brought me a huge pickup for my Helsley collection.

2018 Bowman Chrome Prospects Superfractor Autographs - He doesn't have a 1st Bowman Chrome Super Auto so this is his first 1/1 autographed card. He has 5 total Supers and I have 3 of them now. If anyone has his 2015 Bowman Chrome Super or the 2019 Topps Chrome Super Auto I'm your guy.
2018 Bowman Chrome Prospects Superfractor Autographs.jpg

More 90s goodness today too
Select Few Chipper Jones.jpg Chipper Jones.jpg Kirby Puckett.jpg

Dilferules

Aug 10, 2012
Auburn, WA
Nice Super!

New arrivals:

062221.jpg
The Crosby Ticket to Stardom card is a 1/1 and his 2007 Topps Chrome Red Refractor 74/99 completes the team set! Luzardo is having a terrible year but at least I can pick up some cards more affordably...I have confidence he will bounce back. The Connie Mack is a playing card that is purportedly from the early '50s.

WizardofOz1982

Sep 30, 2017
Oklahoma
Harmon Killebrew.jpg
1998 Donruss Significant Signatures

Only one card in today but not going to gripe when it's a Hall of Fame auto. I'm 1 step closer to finishing this set now with several more, along with a neat oddball, due to get here later this week.

On a related note...it should be impossible to get a 500HR Club Hall of Fame autograph for $15 but it is what it is.

Last edited:

Dilferules

Aug 10, 2012
Auburn, WA
A couple today:

062421.jpg
I collect some non-A's Terry Steinbach cards so I couldn't pass up this 1999 Topps MVP Promotion for 3 bucks shipped. And Barry Zito is in a couple of Series 2 auto sets so I had to start getting on that.

Tfangman

Jun 4, 2015
A couple today:

View attachment 135860
I collect some non-A's Terry Steinbach cards so I couldn't pass up this 1999 Topps MVP Promotion for 3 bucks shipped. And Barry Zito is in a couple of Series 2 auto sets so I had to start getting on that.

Nice to see Zito in products again but man his auto has been all over the place throughout his career.

Dilferules

Aug 10, 2012
Auburn, WA
Nice to see Zito in products again but man his auto has been all over the place throughout his career.

Yeah there's been some variance, especially in what comes after the B and the shape of the Z. Also sometimes the bottom of the B would have a loop, sometimes not. Prefer the loop.

99justdcauto.jpg 05llmonikerslaundry.jpg 04sppatchsignumauto.jpg 02udmmauto.jpg 20tarchsnapauto.jpg

Members online