Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

June 2024 Arrivals

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

mrmopar

Jan 19, 2010
Torn on this. I like these and you don't see a lot of groupings, but they also appear trimmed. I feel like maybe I paid a little too much for trimmed cards in my mind, but then again... The last time I returned a trimmed card, it was many years ago and it was a signed 1948 Bowman Stan Musial that I got a pretty nice deal on and from someone locally. It was not advertised as altered. If memory serves me correctly, it was around $200-250 and I felt that was just too much to pay for a card that was trimmed. Seller was cool and we voided the deal. I regret that one!

1969-70 Sunbeam Sonics set of 11. I'd say the key names are HOFer Lenny Wilkins, Bob Rule and maybe a rookie issue Lucious Allen.

I'll probably keep the set anyway.

Sunbeam Lot.png

Dilferules

Aug 10, 2012
Auburn, WA
Getting around to sharing the highlights of a COMC shipment that arrived a week ago:

061424-01.jpg 061424-02.jpg
Gotta lead off with a Trent Dilfer card I didn't have - 2001 Score "Trump Card" variation. Most cards have "Touchdown Tommy" as the pack war rating. I don't think these are that rare, I just didn't know about them until a couple years ago when I started cataloguing my collection on TCDB...this variation isn't listed by Beckett.

061424-03.jpg
These are a couple of neat ones. The Topps Tribute card is 20/88 and the Triple Threads has a Dodger Stadium seat relic in addition to the player swatches.

061424-04.jpg
Some team set completers: 2006 Flair Showcase Legacy Emerald/150 (already had the near-identical Blue team set complete), 2002 Fleer Premium Star Rubies/125, 2002 Absolute Spectrum/100, 2005 Leaf Blue Press Proofs/75, 2004 Greats of the Game Blue (mostly /500 with a couple of /74 SPs), and 2004 Absolute Silver Spectrum/100.

061424-05.jpg
More team set finishers: 2008 UD Heroes Navy Blue/199 - already had Beige/299, Black, Brown/149, Charcoal/399, Emerald/499, and Red/249. Luckily there's only 5 A's in the set. Just missing a couple to complete Sea Green/99 as well. 2008 Finest Green Refractors/199, 2005 Topps Rookie Cup Green/199, 2011 Topps Hope Diamond/60 (not counting the retired SP guys), 2018 Topps Black/67, and 2022 Topps Chrome Platinum Refractors.

061424-06.jpg
'90s goodies: 1997 Bowman's Best Preview Atomic Refractor McGwire, 1999 Bowman Gold/99 Grieve (only missing 1 for the set), and 1998 Bowman Golden Anniversary/50 Tejada.

061424-07.jpg
Some Ultra Platinum Medallions, Topps Heritage Chrome Black Refractors, and a 2005 Rookie Cup Blue/50.

061424-08.jpg
Some recent Topps Parallels. Only 4 remaining for 2020 Topps Black and 5 for 2022.

061424-09.jpg
Some other cool stuff. Still need to track down 6 more '88 Gold Autos.

061424-10.jpg
And some interesting GU and autos. The Chavez and Eck are /50. I believe the Reddick was a redemption and it took me 11 years to finally find one. This one is the Gold/25 parallel, I've still never seen the base version that is supposedly /99.

Dilferules

Aug 10, 2012
Auburn, WA
Last but not least, because I couldn't fit everything into one post:

061424-11.jpg
I have FINALLY completed the 1994 Pinnacle Museum Collection team set. This would not be a difficult team set for most teams, but in the 1994 set for some reason Series 2 had 5 cards that were only available via a redemption card, which expired 12/31/94. Of those five cards that are SPed, THREE were Oakland A's. Just not fair. Since this is probably one of the most beautiful parallel sets you could possibly put together I'm sure there are plenty of people going after it, creating competition for the redemption SPs and making them both tough to find and potentially expensive. Here's the other two A's SPs:
94pinmusberroa.jpg 94pinmuspaquette.jpg
I've had the Berroa for years so I must have gotten lucky and picked it up cheap at some point. I grabbed the Paquette a few years ago, and actually saw another pop up later on COMC cheap so I grabbed it right away and flipped it for a $20 profit.

Oh I completed the "tougher" 1994 Pinnacle Artist's Proofs set many years ago, no problem.

banjar

Mar 22, 2015
Lafayette, Colorado
Awesome! Those are stellar cards.

View attachment 357606
I have FINALLY completed the 1994 Pinnacle Museum Collection team set. This would not be a difficult team set for most teams, but in the 1994 set for some reason Series 2 had 5 cards that were only available via a redemption card, which expired 12/31/94. Of those five cards that are SPed, THREE were Oakland A's. Just not fair. Since this is probably one of the most beautiful parallel sets you could possibly put together I'm sure there are plenty of people going after it, creating competition for the redemption SPs and making them both tough to find and potentially expensive. Here's the other two A's SPs:
View attachment 357607 View attachment 357608
I've had the Berroa for years so I must have gotten lucky and picked it up cheap at some point. I grabbed the Paquette a few years ago, and actually saw another pop up later on COMC cheap so I grabbed it right away and flipped it for a $20 profit.

Oh I completed the "tougher" 1994 Pinnacle Artist's Proofs set many years ago, no problem.

WizardofOz1982

Sep 30, 2017
Oklahoma

View attachment 357606

If you come across any more cheap A's Museum redemptions hit me up. I need them all for my set.

Philip J. Fry

Aug 9, 2008
Ohio

View attachment 357606

Dufex = 🤤

Dilferules

Aug 10, 2012
Auburn, WA
If you come across any more cheap A's Museum redemptions hit me up. I need them all for my set.
I'll keep my eye out for sure.

A few more from my mail this week:

061524-1.jpg
Some refractors. The Cespedes is an Orange out of Bowman Draft, and as a bonus it's 01/25. Been hunting that one for a while. Braden finishes the big 26-card 2021 Topps Chrome Platinum Anniversary Refractors team set.

061524-2.jpg
2001 Fleer Platinum Parallels (that's what they're named by Beckett) are mostly /201 (I have all of those A's) but some of the subset cards are SPed/21. Giambi above is 18/21 and actually the first of the five A's SPs I've been able to land...but I already have another on my way because that's just how it goes. I got this one in a lot so if anybody is a huge Josh Towers, Benito Baez, or Erick Almonte fan let me know and I'll give you a good deal. Campy continues my slow march towards the 2004 Timeless teams auto set, still need 6 of them. The Grieve is out of 2002 Leaf, 073/100.

061524-3.jpg
@Philip J. Fry sent me some more A's stuff, big thanks to him - included were these two cool-looking Series 2 parallels.

Topnotchsy

Featured Contributor, The best players in history?
Aug 7, 2008
Program from Jackie Robinson's final football game at UCLA.

mrmopar

Jan 19, 2010
God's autograph arrived today.
D Harvey (CAN).png

Webb /25
B Webb 25 mrm.png

McNeil. Really like this design, a special Topps collector set (Montgomery, I think).

McNeil mrm.png

These cards are very cool. Signature rookies Super Acrylium. Still a couple very SP autos for the set.
Wilkins Acrylium.png

Another redemption card for a small set from the 90s. I love that they had these.
NFL Draft Redemption.png

WizardofOz1982

Sep 30, 2017
Oklahoma
Couple of nice pickups the last few days

Didn't need an upgrade really but snagging a PSA 10 Koufax auto for raw price was too good to pass up
Sandy Koufax Image Variation PSA 10.jpg

Couple Ozzie pickups. I've been looking for a decently centered signed rookie for a while. This one will do until I can find an upgrade.
1979 Topps RC Auto.jpg

1937 Ogdens Champions of 1936 Jesses Owen RC
1936 Ogdens Jesse Owens.jpg

1966 AB&C Gum Batman Cycling Crusader - This isn't a set I chase but Batman on a motorcycle jumping off a building? Heck ya!
1966 AB&C Gum Cycling Crusader.jpg

Philip J. Fry

Aug 9, 2008
Ohio
Technically, I already showed this off last month when I bought it. However, I sent it in for grading and finally got the results back today. Plus, the pic is way better than what I can take so I felt like showing it off anyway :)

For those curious, I chose TAG over others due to their extensive report as to why cards received the grade given. Plus, it’s PC and never leaving my hands.

IMG_4349.jpeg

jmc855

Jan 11, 2013
RI
Technically, I already showed this off last month when I bought it. However, I sent it in for grading and finally got the results back today. Plus, the pic is way better than what I can take so I felt like showing it off anyway :)

For those curious, I chose TAG over others due to their extensive report as to why cards received the grade given. Plus, it’s PC and never leaving my hands.

View attachment 357767
Sharp card. I dont do TPG, but appreciate your rationale. Would likely do the same, as I see Beckett as showing more accountability with their 4 descriptive subgrades similar to the TGA explanation. The anonymity/unaccountable nature of PSA and SGC et al is just Bush league, and PSA possesses no greater expertise than any of the other opinion companies, which has been proven time and time again. Collect how you like.

Philip J. Fry

Aug 9, 2008
Ohio
Sharp card. I dont do TPG, but appreciate your rationale. Would likely do the same, as I see Beckett as showing more accountability with their 4 descriptive subgrades similar to the TGA explanation. The anonymity/unaccountable nature of PSA and SGC et al is just Bush league, and PSA possesses no greater expertise than any of the other opinion companies, which has been proven time and time again. Collect how you like.
Exactly why I chose not to go with PSA/SGC.

Topnotchsy

Aug 7, 2008
1973 World Series Game 1 Oakland A's Dugout game-usedvlineup.

Willie Mays final career start

Attachments

• 1973 World Series Game 1 - Willie Mays final career start.jpg
    1973 World Series Game 1 - Willie Mays final career start.jpg
    89.9 KB · Views: 2
Last edited:

Topnotchsy

Aug 7, 2008
GU lineup cards from Rickey Henderson's final career SB.

Henderson, Rickey final career SB.jpg

For those on Facebook, I just featured this on my Page: Baseball History through Lineup Cards which has a lot more detail:

Members online

Latest posts