Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

LA Angels and Pujols Fans

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

noaskiecards

Sep 19, 2008
Pujols has 0 homers and a .601 OPS through 21 games/82 at bats and is on a last place 6-14 Angels team (2nd worst record in the MLB)...

Then the Cardinals 14-6 coming off last year's world series win...

It's sad that the best player of our generation left his team after winning a world series for more money and now can't hit and is on a last place team...

While it's still early, it was early at 5 games, 10 games, 15 games, now 20 games...

I just hope he gets on a hot streak soon for the good of baseball

Pujols always has seemed like a good guy...Could any of this bad start be due to feeling guilty for leaving behind the franchise that brought him up? While Pujols wants more $$$$...I'm sure his agent pressured him into the move...I mean really, what's the difference between $220 million and $254 million over 10 years? I mean I guess the weather is nicer in LA though

Last edited:

nicktv08

Apr 22, 2012
Columbus, OH
I'm a big Cardinals fan and used to be a huge Pujols fan. He gave us a lot of great memories, but as far as I'm concerned I hope he never hits another HR in his career. He pretty much had no loyalty to a team he had won multiple World Series with and just left to be the highest paid player. I lost all respect for Pujols when he did that because I had always thought he was a good guy and played baseball because he had a love for the game. I sure was wrong because it turns out he is just as greedy as every other player. I hope the Angels tank and I hope Pujols' career goes down with them.

waintrain

Jan 22, 2012
St. Louis Area
I was never a big collector of Pujols, but I always a fan. Once he left the Cardinals, I lost my respect for him as a person, but still thought/hoped he would have a great finish to his career. I wanted him to keep up his HOF numbers, but never play on a good team again. I was only half right. He's on a horrible team, but he can't even hit a homer. Jaime Garcia has more triples than Albert does Homers!

PujolsCollector

Jan 17, 2011
St.Louis
Well as you can tell by my name I once thought very highly of Albert Pujols. Honestly the guy was a dick. If you do not have Downs Syndrome do not think he is going to go out of his way to be nice. I witnessed it numerous times, I seen a kid yell Mr.Pujols Mr.Pujols will you please sign my card, about 6 years old wearing a little Pujols jersey, and Albert gives the kid a dirty look and the kid balls his eyes out, Albert takes no more than 15 steps and signed for a kid with apparent ilness and signed for about 5 or 6 adults one day. That was a great example of the type of guy AP is. You can go to his hitting clinic hes generally friendly there but you have to pay 190 dollars for him to be nice.

George_Calfas

Aug 22, 2008
Urbana
As a Cardinals fan I wish Albert the best of luck. He was under paid for both of his WS titles and he is now getting paid for his success......StL has moved on and the young crop with the team and in the minors makes the future look good. StL fans should thank him for his part in two titles.

nyc3

Aug 20, 2008
Well as you can tell by my name I once thought very highly of Albert Pujols. Honestly the guy was a dick. If you do not have Downs Syndrome do not think he is going to go out of his way to be nice. I witnessed it numerous times, I seen a kid yell Mr.Pujols Mr.Pujols will you please sign my card, about 6 years old wearing a little Pujols jersey, and Albert gives the kid a dirty look and the kid balls his eyes out, Albert takes no more than 15 steps and signed for a kid with apparent ilness and signed for about 5 or 6 adults one day. That was a great example of the type of guy AP is. You can go to his hitting clinic hes generally friendly there but you have to pay 190 dollars for him to be nice.

Yeah how dare he sign for the handicapped child. And I am sure that's exactly how it happened and you are not exaggerating at all .

matfanofold

Aug 10, 2008
As a baseball fan it does raise concern for me when a top tier player can go with 80+ at bats well underperforming compared to traditional production numbers, however given the fact he has built a decade of incredible production I would not be too overly concerned just yet.

...I mean really, what's the difference between $220 million and $254 million over 10 years?

Um.... $34,000,000.00 :eek:

Last edited:

PujolsCollector

Jan 17, 2011
St.Louis
Yeah how dare he sign for the handicapped child. And I am sure that's exactly how it happened and you are not exaggerating at all .

Because I need to lie on the internet really? He did sign for a handicap kid, he signed for the adults near the kid also, I have pictures of him signing that day on my hard drive if you need proof I can try to find them. Im not exaggerating one bit this is how I saw it happen. Pujols looked at the kid with a smug look (I can google the look im talking about and post a pic of that too if you need it.) Oh and for 190 dollars at his hitting clinic I forgot HE IS STILL A DICK! My bad. I was a season ticket holder at Busch Stadium for 5 years and tried on many occasions to get Albert to sign I got close 1 time and still did not get it. The kid was crying after that, I dont know if pujols seen him crying it was after albert took a few more steps before the tears started to roll. You could tell the kid was crushed. Im pretty sure I have posted this once before maybe you can look it up and see if it matches perfectly to this or not. So next time you are going to call me QFT.

waintrain

Jan 22, 2012
St. Louis Area
Also when I was in Florida last year for ST, Me and another guy with his kid were waiting at the Cardinals parking lot at 6:30 in the morning and Pujols drove right by. The kid was devestated.

nicktv08

Apr 22, 2012
Columbus, OH
Because I need to lie on the internet really? He did sign for a handicap kid, he signed for the adults near the kid also, I have pictures of him signing that day on my hard drive if you need proof I can try to find them. Im not exaggerating one bit this is how I saw it happen. Pujols looked at the kid with a smug look (I can google the look im talking about and post a pic of that too if you need it.) Oh and for 190 dollars at his hitting clinic I forgot HE IS STILL A DICK! My bad. I was a season ticket holder at Busch Stadium for 5 years and tried on many occasions to get Albert to sign I got close 1 time and still did not get it. The kid was crying after that, I dont know if pujols seen him crying it was after albert took a few more steps before the tears started to roll. You could tell the kid was crushed. Im pretty sure I have posted this once before maybe you can look it up and see if it matches perfectly to this or not. So next time you are going to call me QFT.

Lol some people on here just blow my mind. It's pretty obvious you know the Cardinals and Pujols (username, sig, banner, etc). Don't get why someone would call you out and say you made it up? I have been to a few games at Busch Stadium (I live in Ohio) and you're 100% right. Pujols does not sign for anyone. Unless you're a hot girl with big cans or of special interest to him he will act like you're not even there. I've been a Pujols fan since I was little and he entered the league and have lost so much respect for him over the years. The people that say he is so nice and amazing have obviously never been to a Cardinals game before. Fame and money have definitely changed who he is a person, but I don't judge him on it because who knows how we all would act if we were in that situation? The only thing that bothers me is how he left the Cardinals, didn't even give them any consideration it was all about the Benjamins and I hope he still feels he made the right choice playing on a subpar team and having a career WORST season. I sold almost every card and memorabilia piece I had of him when he left the Cardinals and am becoming more and more happy with my decision.

saferseas

Mar 9, 2010
Portland, OR
The real question is, would you guys be busting out all your "i know a guy...." or "this one time at Busch" stories if Pujols were still on the Cardinals, raking as usual? You probably wouldn't care he's a jerk, as long you're getting what you want out of him.

I'm an Angels fan, and i'm not really a Pujols fan. I just want my team to win some games.

People act like Pujols was the first player ever to leave a team for a bigger contract. Get over it. Small budget teams lose players to the Yankees/Red Sox of the world all the time. You're not immune to losing a star player. Be thankful your winning without him.

danimal

Dec 28, 2009
As a third party Cardinal outsider I'd like to share my Pujols experience. I was in St. Louis last summer during an off day for the Cardinals and saw Pujols out in town. He walked right up to a little puppy wearing a little Pujols dog shirt and kicked it right in the snout to make it worse he had a smug look on his face.

After that he continued walking down the street to a crowded crosswalk. I think the local assisted living facility was having an outing because there were about 20-30 senior citizens at the crosswalk. Pujols walked right through the middle of the crowd of senior citizens throwing elbows and kicking them in the shins all the time with the smuggest look ever (just google "Geezer Pujols smug shin kick" if you want to see the smug look I am talking about) and shouting "Get out my way you old geezers."

Then to top it all off after he got across the street there was a little kid standing on the sidewalk wearing a tiny Pujols jersey. The little kid politely asked, "Mr. Pujols would you please sign my jersey?" Pujols didn't say a word! He just smugly walked over to the kid, picked him up and drop kicked him right into on coming traffic! Just google "smug drop kick into traffic pujols jerk" and you can see the picture!

It was absolutely horrible what kind of person kicks a puppy, is mean to old people and hates kids! Pujols, thats who! He should have been loyal to the Cardinals and accepted less money in a crappier city instead of taking more money in a slightly less crappy city. I know everyone on this board would do their job for less money if another employer offered them considerably more money to do the same job.

noaskiecards

Sep 19, 2008
As a third party Cardinal outsider I'd like to share my Pujols experience. I was in St. Louis last summer during an off day for the Cardinals and saw Pujols out in town. He walked right up to a little puppy wearing a little Pujols dog shirt and kicked it right in the snout to make it worse he had a smug look on his face.

After that he continued walking down the street to a crowded crosswalk. I think the local assisted living facility was having an outing because there were about 20-30 senior citizens at the crosswalk. Pujols walked right through the middle of the crowd of senior citizens throwing elbows and kicking them in the shins all the time with the smuggest look ever (just google "Geezer Pujols smug shin kick" if you want to see the smug look I am talking about) and shouting "Get out my way you old geezers."

Then to top it all off after he got across the street there was a little kid standing on the sidewalk wearing a tiny Pujols jersey. The little kid politely asked, "Mr. Pujols would you please sign my jersey?" Pujols didn't say a word! He just smugly walked over to the kid, picked him up and drop kicked him right into on coming traffic! Just google "smug drop kick into traffic pujols jerk" and you can see the picture!

It was absolutely horrible what kind of person kicks a puppy, is mean to old people and hates kids! Pujols, thats who! He should have been loyal to the Cardinals and accepted less money in a crappier city instead of taking more money in a slightly less crappy city. I know everyone on this board would do their job for less money if another employer offered them considerably more money to do the same job.

Lol...funny stuff

I know, I know, $34 million is a ton of money but I for one would work at a job for less $$$$ if it made me happy...you have to consider the percentages...For Pujols, 220 and 254 over 10 years, he'll be able to buy everything he ever wants in life with either salary as long as he isn't totally an idiot financially...It's like asking would you rather make 100 K and be happy over 10 years or 115 K and be miserable over 10 years, most people would rather make the 100 K, at least I would...I mean while the jobs aren't that different for Pujols (batting 3 for an MLB team and trying to play great baseball), it's a totally new city, a worse team, and it's definitely an adjustment...I suppose Pujols wasn't that happy in St. Louis and wanted to move to LA......but you have to think that while a rare possibility, maybe Pujols isn't that happy in LA???

Ryan The Orange

Mar 30, 2010
St. Louis
I have always had issues with Pujols "off the field" (yes, even when he was on the Cardinals) because I collect autographs, and he is poor at interacting with fans. I loved how he played, but I have never been a huge fan of him. I was just happy he played well and am thankful that he contributed to two World Series trophies.

I don't enjoy seeing him struggle, but it was time for him to go. I am glad the Cardinals are not financially crippled for 10 years.

danimal

Dec 28, 2009
Lol...funny stuff

I know, I know, $34 million is a ton of money but I for one would work at a job for less $$$$ if it made me happy...you have to consider the percentages...For Pujols, 220 and 254 over 10 years, he'll be able to buy everything he ever wants in life with either salary as long as he isn't totally an idiot financially...It's like asking would you rather make 100 K and be happy over 10 years or 115 K and be miserable over 10 years, most people would rather make the 100 K, at least I would...I mean while the jobs aren't that different for Pujols (batting 3 for an MLB team and trying to play great baseball), it's a totally new city, a worse team, and it's definitely an adjustment...I suppose Pujols wasn't that happy in St. Louis and wanted to move to LA......but you have to think that while a rare possibility, maybe Pujols isn't that happy in LA???

$34 million is decision changing money. Nobody would pass that up, plus the MLB union wouldn't let him pass that up.. And St. Louis is a gutter of a city, though Busch may be a nice park, the Lou ain't exactly a good place to live..

ajbraves25

Aug 9, 2008
Springfield, IL
Dude hasn't had a regular season HR since Sept 22, 2011. So his power outage started late last year. I'm sure he is pressing way to hard. As for him getting under paid all those years, remember he signed those contracts. The Angels bought into the past hoping to generate tix sales which they did. He will, well maybe, hit HRs 500 & possibly 600 in their uniform. I almost traded for him this offseason, glad I didn't now.

~AJ

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts