Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Leaf Manziel controversy

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Jon Mead

Jul 28, 2013
don't see the big deal, in the next 10 years or less players will get compensated monetarily, can't say i blame players in college for selling autos and gear. i'd do the same thing.

jbhofmann

Mar 12, 2009
Indiana
Did you know that A&M has made nearly $40,000 off Manziel in just two known fundraisers?

$20,000 to sit a his table at a banquet
$18,000 for a signed helmet

He is exactly who should be able to capitalize off his skills.

MansGame

Sep 25, 2009
Dallas, TX
Did you know that A&M has made nearly $40,000 off Manziel in just two known fundraisers?

$20,000 to sit a his table at a banquet
$18,000 for a signed helmet

He is exactly who should be able to capitalize off his skills.
I tend to agree with this post.

Leaf

Aug 7, 2008
The way I understand it (and that it seems to be understood by the media), is that BG did not comission the signing of these in any way.

What BG DID do is buy what was signed from this broker and put it into cards. While it is contributing to the illegality (according to NCAA made up rules only) of the situation, BG seemingly had nothing to do with the direct deal that Manziel had with this guy.

We have never had any communication nor any business dealings with this Telian person or Johnny Manziel..

Your statements implication is false.
BG

jbhofmann

Mar 12, 2009
Indiana
Only asking because Darren Rovell said that PSA claims only a very small number of people have submitted a large number of Manziel items.

jbhofmann

Mar 12, 2009
Indiana
No witch hunt. My post was sarcastic but I was curious to how they obtained the autos. That's a pretty fair question.

byronscott4ever

Dec 3, 2009
With any college athlete who wants to do this, in theory, wouldn't it be possible to just have a few guys in between so the person selling can say they never paid or saw the person because the money was passed along a few people? I am guessing it happens with other athletes and we have no idea

allstars

Mar 17, 2009
We have never had any communication nor any business dealings with this Telian person or Johnny Manziel..

Your statements implication is false.
BG
Aren't you going to threaten litigation & belittle his business?? I expect so much more out of you BG...

Members online

Latest posts