Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Lebron james topps chrome rookie potential?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

dchurg

Aug 11, 2008
What are the potential of these?

How high can you see them if they win it all?

If they dont but he goes to a huge market, such as the Knicks?

Where have they been historicaly?

Any chance they hit 2 hundo?

matfanofold

Aug 10, 2008
All of James cards are top dollar, despite where he plays. I personally do not see a large jump in price regardless if they win or not, nor will a change of address make that big of an impact on his value(s). This is not to say his cards will not sell better/quicker if these things come to fruition, I just do not see any real, high percentage, flipping going to happen.

rymflaherty

Aug 7, 2008
matfanofold said:
All of James cards are top dollar, despite where he plays. I personally do not see a large jump in price regardless if they win or not, nor will a change of address make that big of an impact on his value(s). This is not to say his cards will not sell better/quicker if these things come to fruition, I just do not see any real, high percentage, flipping going to happen.

I probably agree with this. Unless we're talking a Jordan type run where he wins like 3-6 championships.

I'd also factor in the fact that (at least to me) the basketball market has moved to only caring about the "big hit". A base chrome rookie is bit down the list when you're talking about most desirable rc's for a player. Think some of the other cards like the Exquisite and more limited cards would be the ones to see a significant jump like that.

On the flip side though - if you have the money to pick a few up it's probably not a "bad" investment, as I don't really see them going down, just simply not that big a jump.

dchurg

Aug 11, 2008
hmm interesting

well ive been picking as manny up for under 80 as i can (6 so far) as some have finished as high as 105 recently, figured with the mvp announcement and possibly a title a run these would climb for a nice flip

if not i see no danger in holding them for 5-10 years when more and more leave circulation and their rarity increases along with Lebrons increasing skill level, MVPs , scoring titles and various other accomplishments I once again only see these climbing and climbing (barring injury or some unforeseen circumstance of course)

Any one recall the highest these have went for?

bdrr

Aug 17, 2009
San Fernando Valley
rymflaherty said:
matfanofold said:

I probably agree with this. Unless we're talking a Jordan type run where he wins like 3-6 championships.

I'd also factor in the fact that (at least to me) the basketball market has moved to only caring about the "big hit". A base chrome rookie is bit down the list when you're talking about most desirable rc's for a player. Think some of the other cards like the Exquisite and more limited cards would be the ones to see a significant jump like that.

On the flip side though - if you have the money to pick a few up it's probably not a "bad" investment, as I don't really see them going down, just simply not that big a jump.

I'm going to take this the opposite way - LeBron James items will only hold value in the long run IF he has a Jordan type run where he wins 3-6 titles. People have been expecting this from the day he stepped into the league. His stuff has slowly fallen as seasons pass and he fails to win it all.

brouthercard

Jan 15, 2009
If the Cavs win it all, ALL his cards may go up in value a bit.

There's nothing special about chrome in basketball.

He's got so many better cards his rookie year, the chrome will get lost in the shuffle with the rest of his medium range stuff.

Huffamaniac

Oct 8, 2008
chromes have been selling very well lately. Good luck. I have two of them I pulled back in 2003 and hopefully a nice spike will happen so I can move one of them

Members online

Latest posts