Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

LITTLE help from the resident griffey experts

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

minors4me

Apr 16, 2010
atlfalconsfan said:
Hey All,

First post here and figured I would piggyback this thread rather than start a new one. Hope that is cool.

Just recently got back in the card hobby lately. Went to Wal Mart today and they had one box of 2009 Upper Deck cards on clearance. Bought it and what did I get? #10 of 89 of the Griffey auto rookie buyback cards. This one is done in black ink, apparently only the 1-13 were done in black and the remaining 76 cards were done in blue ink. I've seen various reports of the value of this card (some pretty high!). Does anyone know what a reasonable expectation of the value really is? I've never sold a card before and wouldn't necessarily sell this one but would like to know my options. Should I have it graded? Thanks for any help and advice in advance.
a blue ink went unsold for $1000 [ebay:35mujuyv]260734731306[/ebay:35mujuyv]

Pinbreaker

Aug 7, 2008
Laguna Niguel, CA
minors4me said:
atlfalconsfan said:
Hey All,

First post here and figured I would piggyback this thread rather than start a new one. Hope that is cool.

Just recently got back in the card hobby lately. Went to Wal Mart today and they had one box of 2009 Upper Deck cards on clearance. Bought it and what did I get? #10 of 89 of the Griffey auto rookie buyback cards. This one is done in black ink, apparently only the 1-13 were done in black and the remaining 76 cards were done in blue ink. I've seen various reports of the value of this card (some pretty high!). Does anyone know what a reasonable expectation of the value really is? I've never sold a card before and wouldn't necessarily sell this one but would like to know my options. Should I have it graded? Thanks for any help and advice in advance.
a blue ink went unsold for $1000 [ebay:157q7itl]260734731306[/ebay:157q7itl]

I see he relisted it on auction..The "20 Years" takes away from the auto for me.. We should see what the true value is.. Especially since everyone is getting their income tax checks back..

Roy Birchler

Aug 7, 2008
Northern California
atlfalconsfan said:
Hey All,

I have been tracking these cards. Could you let me know the hologram number?
Make sure that you keep the COA that came with the card. Please post ascan of card.

Roy

atlfalconsfan

Feb 21, 2011
Roy Birchler said:
atlfalconsfan said:
Hey All,

I have been tracking these cards. Could you let me know the hologram number?
Make sure that you keep the COA that came with the card. Please post ascan of card.

Roy

I was told not to give out the hologram number. There is one on both the back of the card and the COA and they match. I will scan and post photos of the card and COA soon.

atlfalconsfan

Feb 21, 2011
Here's a photo

5468655273_400d794c5c.jpg
KGJ_Card by atlfalconsfan, on Flickr

I know it's probably not the best representation (based on the photos I've seen on this site). Unfortunately I am not computer savy by any stretch of the imagination. I scanned this off the copier at work and had one of my coworkers help me put it into a jpeg. The background on the edges is from a manila envelope I put over the card so that you could see where the edges end. The imperfection near his hairline is not on the card but is from our copy machine.

Please feel free to share any advice on getting a better image up for you guys.

And again, if anyone cares to share any insight as to the value I am all ears! :D

Thanks for dealing with a newb.

atlfalconsfan

Feb 21, 2011
Roy Birchler said:
Great looking card. Congrats on the pull. Nice to see another real one showup. Did you pull it from a retail or hobby box?

Roy

Thanks. Ya, I got lucky on that one. It was a retail box on clearance for $12! :)

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts