Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Looks like I am about to get a neg, regardless of what I do.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

kdailey4315

Mar 4, 2009
SAVE THE SCANS THAT YOU PUT ON EBAY. He's clearly a ****** bag. if there is any damage I'm willing to be he did the damage to get his money back. Good luck with this one.

Great Dealz Rob

Mar 11, 2009
The bad thing about Paypal is that even if the item was damaged in route by the USPS, all he has to do is file a "not as described" claim and he will win every time. If there isn't insurance on the package, the seller looses 99.9% of the time. I have gone round and round with Paypal many times. If the seller offers "optional" insurance and claims that they are not responsible for lost and/or damaged items, THEY STILL ARE!!! The seller has to protect their investment. I sell alot of items with insurance "required". It sucks, but I have been scammed by buyers too many times. Just my 2 cents.....

BTW, Chris that is a bummer either way. Sorry!

daveyou

Aug 7, 2008
Queens, NY
yikes, the fact that he can't provide a scan prob. means buyer's remorse, chris

the thing is, stuff like this happens unfortunately on ebay. a seller could state "no returns" or blah blah all he/she wants but all the buyer has to do is file through ebay/paypal as item not described or item damaged (proof or no proof), send the stuff back with dc #, the seller cannot do anything about it from my experience.

be the bigger man, forget it, get the return cards, refund the $, email him that you got the cards and refunded him fully, and he'll most likely not leave a - for ya

it sucks. yeah, it does....but sometimes, that's how it goes. people are stupid sometimes that cannot be helped and there is so many other things to worry about, etc so let it go on your end.

sorry it happened to ya....i blocked him, btw

dave

Pine Tar

Mar 1, 2009
Oswego,Illinois
Chris
I feel you are handling this the right way, I am a little bit worried that like everyone says he is trying to
get some money off. Also I think he really wants to keep the cards and then sell to someone else, but knows
they will not go for anything more that what he even paid for.

I have to ask you though why did you not ship them in a flat rate box from the PO
they have one that is like the size of a VHS tape case and only cost like 5.20 with DC
I used it to send out 4 grades cards and a few packs to a friend.

http://www.usps.com/prices/priority-mail-prices.htm
3288745303_2765b249d4.jpg

BunchOBull

Dec 12, 2008
Houston, TX
I recommend opening the package in front of a US Postal Service employee. If the contents aren't correct, refuse the package and have the employee provide documentation as such.

Just in case this is a scam.

aminors

Aug 7, 2008
Southern IN
BunchOBull said:
I recommend opening the package in front of a US Postal Service employee. If the contents aren't correct, refuse the package and have the employee provide documentation as such.

Just in case this is a scam.

+1

Anthony

wideright

Aug 7, 2008
cgilmo said:
me
I cannot issue any refund until I see the damage

You do understand where it would be logical for me to think that this is buyers remorse, as zimmermans streak has ended.

I am sure a scanner would show the damage, you do not need to be a professional photographer to capture the damage.

Tell me, how would you handle this?
How about an apology for starters? Maybe admit that you shouldn't have insinuated anything and just treated him like a customer? Scam or not, you got this guy upset yourself, Chris. If you hadn't pissed him off you might have gotten out of it better. Just my two cents.

KandKCards

Aug 8, 2008
I'm clearly in the minority on this, but I don't think you handled it well. A few brief sentences are sure to piss off a buyer, especially one who is apparently a bit unstable. A well-worded and thorough response saying the exact same thing probably would have worked a lot better.

Card Magnet

Jan 24, 2009
Pennsylvania
You just can't win with some people. I hope you actually get the cards back, and he doesn't pull a fast one.

If he doesn't have a scanner and can't take pictures, he can easily go to the post office, a local copy shop, etc. where they have a color copier or scanner, and pay like a quarter to get it done. I know of course he's just saying that though since you saw his other auctions.

I know that Staples won't do copyrighted images, but I know they've made exceptions when it was for something like that.

cgilmo

Administrator
Aug 6, 2008
Alpharetta, Georgia, United States
wideright said:
cgilmo said:
me

You do understand where it would be logical for me to think that this is buyers remorse, as zimmermans streak has ended.

I am sure a scanner would show the damage, you do not need to be a professional photographer to capture the damage.

How about an apology for starters? Maybe admit that you shouldn't have insinuated anything and just treated him like a customer? Scam or not, you got this guy upset yourself, Chris. If you hadn't pissed him off you might have gotten out of it better. Just my two cents.

nothing i said was illogical or untrue

Johan Santana 57

Aug 8, 2008
Harrison, NY
cgilmo said:
wideright said:
cgilmo said:
me

nothing i said was illogical or untrue

Apology for what?

Guy A says there is Damage, so Chris says Show me the damage, where is the harm in that?

Members online

Latest posts