Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

MAIL THEFT and a somewhat disappointing mail day in general.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

mrmopar

Jan 19, 2010
First off, got an envelope from a seller I buy from a fair amount. Never had any issues. The envelope looked odd and when I hgeld it up, I could see that it was empty. No holes or damage, but the corner of the flap appeared to have been messed with. Sure enough, someone opened the flap, took the cards and resealed it. It was one of those approx 6x9 envelopes with the sticky surface on both sides, meant to eliminate licking or tape.

This happened somewhere between NY and WA, so pretty much could have happened just about ANYWHERE IN THE US!

Thankfully, the best card lost was a 1973 Paciorek. So, instead of reporting a cool new pick-up in my Dodgers thread, I get to report a loss/theft instead!

Second sack kick was that I was waiting for a unique Garvey photo as well as a wire photo signed by Bill Madlock/Willie Dais. Both former/future Dodgers, but appearing as a Cub and an Expo in this photo. Opened that package to find a Ted Sizemore/Rennie Stennett wire photo. Messaged the seller and hopefully this gets resolved satisfactorily. It just sucks that the same day I lose something, I also get the wrong item mailed to me. I gotta say, this happens way too often to me. once is too often, but it has happened at least a dozen times before over the years. Most of the time, it gets resolved, but not always!

In the off chance that these low $ cards do appear somewhere for sale, I will post them. Conditional issues and signature traits could lead to a specific card being identified.

To spin this a little, I did get some other mail and there were a couple of goodies, one of which will be mentioned in the Dodgers thread.

s-l1600-7.jpgs-l1600-4.jpgs-l1600-6.jpgs-l1600-5.jpg

gracecollector

Aug 7, 2008
Lake in the Hills, IL
Mean people suck. Sorry for your hassles. Hope things even out.

My grandfather would get company tickets to 2-3 White Sox games a year in the early 80's, 2nd row behind dugout. I saw a lot of Tom Paciorek with the Pale Hose. Good memories! A name you can't forget.

Members online

Latest posts