Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

March 2021 - New Arrivals Thread

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Dilferules

Aug 10, 2012
Auburn, WA
New month, new thread, new variety of A's cards for me. Finally got a few Sportlots shipments that were sent 10+ days ago, looks like the mail is slow again. Here's the "highlights."

030121.jpg
The 2000 UD MVP Gold Signature Stairs puts me 2 away from the team set, which will be a nice one to complete. Zito is the Legacy/50. Tejada is from an exchange set that had something to do with the 2000 Topps MVP Promotion cards and is a little tough. Still need a few for 1998 Leaf Fractal Matrix. I realized a little while back that I didn't own the famous Herb Washington Pinch Runner card so I had to rectify that. The 2003 Leaf Red Press Proof Tejada puts me 2 away from that team set, but one of them I am missing is a Rickey Henderson and his parallels from back in the day can be tough to come by. The Ben Grieve King B Beef Jerky card is nothing special, but I believe it's the last King B A's card I didn't have. Good memories 30 years ago going to the drug store and buying some of that kind of crappy jerky mainly for the baseball or football card.

WizardofOz1982

Sep 30, 2017
Oklahoma
Today was a huge mail day so I'm going to spread it out a bit over the next couple of days. I got a large flat rate box full of 80s, 90, and early 2000s goodness today.

Ernie Banks auto.jpg
2001 Cubs Topps 50th Anniversary of Topps SGA Autograph

Pujols Stat Line Front.jpg Pujols Stat Line Back.jpg Pujols Stat Line FC Front.jpg Pujols Stat Line FC Back.jpg
2002 Donruss Career Stat Lines and Fan Club Stat Lines /130

1995 Elite Puckett.jpg 1995 Elite Puckett Back.jpg
1995 Donruss Elite - I'm slowly working on this set.

2004 Donruss DK Canvas Chipper.jpg 2004 Donruss DK Canvas Chipper Back.jpg
2004 Donruss Diamond Kings Canvas /250 - Thought I wanted to build this set but I'll likely be moving it on to someone else.

Attachments

• Pujols Stat Line FC Back.jpg
    Pujols Stat Line FC Back.jpg
    517.9 KB · Views: 12

Dilferules

Aug 10, 2012
Auburn, WA
A couple today:

030221-1.jpg
The Bell All-Star card for my signed 1988 Topps set is from a PastPros private signing. I would have also sent a Blue Jays Bell/McGriff team card but I didn't have one lying around, so I'll still have to find one of those signed by either guy. The Mulder is a Japanese Topps Kanebo card, a little tough to find.

030221-2.jpg

nevermore

Aug 7, 2008
New York
Well, I was hoping I'd have this in hand by the end of February but COMC still hasn't shipped it. Might as well post it because who knows at this point how long it will take to arrive.

View attachment 121570

@Philip J. Fry - Sharp looking card. Rivera has a knack of perfectly aligning his autograph for each card he signs. the 'M' and 'R' fit perfectly with the out-dents of the signature box. Occurs too often to be coincidence, it's nice to see the care he puts into his signings.

@Dilferules - love the Kanebo!

Dilferules

Aug 10, 2012
Auburn, WA
March 3:

030321-1.jpg
A card I hadn't heard of before, an artist-signed /10 2010 National Chicle Trevor Cahill. Neat pickup. I like the old Topps Chrome Red X-Fractor parallels and was happy to pick up a Zito. The Postseason auto Murphy is /30 and goes with my GU/auto/30 of him.

030321-2.jpg
Some Sportlots pickups. Hatteberg puts me one away from the 2004 Topps Chrome Gold Refractor team set. McGwire completes the 1997 Bowman Chrome International set. The Spiezio is a pretty sweet looking Artist's Proof out of 1997 New Pinnacle. And the Rollie Fingers as a bonus is numbered 250/250.

Philip J. Fry

Aug 9, 2008
Ohio
@Philip J. Fry - Sharp looking card. Rivera has a knack of perfectly aligning his autograph for each card he signs. the 'M' and 'R' fit perfectly with the out-dents of the signature box. Occurs too often to be coincidence, it's nice to see the care he puts into his signings.

@Dilferules - love the Kanebo!
Thanks! Yeah, I love his signature and couldn’t resist when this came up.

nevermore

Aug 7, 2008
New York
1997 Donruss Signature Autographs Paul O'Neill Century Marks #/100
His first autograph release from 1997. Also found a red version.

s-l400.jpg

2015 Leaf Q Pure Autographs Roger Federer
Nice to have an on-card autograph of Roger. Love this action shot.

PXL_20210304_001818167._exported_1160_1614817243180 - Copy.jpg

metallicalex777

Super Moderator
Aug 7, 2008
Seattle, Wa
I was able to get two big Felix PC adds. I traded a fellow Felix collector to make a deal for these two:
3GGnDp4l.jpg
sX3jlyll.jpg

Mz8iSjEl.jpg

I also ordered 2 boxes of 2021 Garbage Pail Kids Food Fight Series 1 and beat the odds by pulling a really nice sketch. This is more like an art/painting piece. The artist, Jasmine Contois, used acrylic paint and glitter:
0vCMshZl.jpg
NecN9DPl.jpg

nevermore

Aug 7, 2008
New York
2005 Ace Tennis Signature Moments Rafael Nadal Autograph #/50
Rafa's earliest certified autograph card, great photo of his first Grand Slam win at Roland Garros.

PXL_20210305_020321215.jpgPXL_20210305_020343333.jpg

Sorry to veer off topic this week, both tennis cards impulse BINs, a break from my typical Yankee pickups. Excited for the upcoming season.

Randy Shields

Aug 20, 2008
OH-IO
2015 Leaf Q Pure Autographs Roger Federer
Nice to have an on-card autograph of Roger. Love this action shot.

View attachment 121595
2005 Ace Tennis Signature Moments Rafael Nadal Autograph #/50
Rafa's earliest certified autograph card, great photo of his first Grand Slam win at Roland Garros.

View attachment 121603View attachment 121604

Sorry to veer off topic this week, both tennis cards impulse BINs, a break from my typical Yankee pickups. Excited for the upcoming season.

Love the cards! Both of these guys are two of the Classiest and Greatest tennis players of All-Time.

I've always loved watching Roger play. His smooth style, grace, class and his pure grit and determination to win are virtually unmatched in tennis history, with of course Rafa being right up there.

And after over a year off with double knee surgery Fed's set to return this Monday at the Qatar ExxonMobile Open in Doha. It'll be so nice to see him back!

He just posted this on Twitter about an hour ago per this post:

I love watching these two great Champions go head-to-head also. They have incredible respect for each other and a genuine and sincere friendship.

Dilferules

Aug 10, 2012
Auburn, WA
March 5:

030521.jpg
The Ludwick holofoil 2001 First Class RC 20/50 is a beauty. I overpaid on the Rickey 1994 Collector's Choice Gold ($50) but they're a little tough to find and with the way '90s parallels of stars have been selling lately I thought I'd better pick one up now while it's available and not too outrageous. Still missing Eckersley for the team set, haven't seen one for sale in quite a while. After picking up my first 2004 Bowman Mahogany/25 earlier this year, I got a nice Kurt Suzuki RC to join it. I can't resist Sweet Spot dual sigs I don't have when they are a decent price, and this Crosby/Bay went for three bucks plus shipping. Semien joins the rest of my 2021 Topps Postseason Performance A's, I'm 5/7 of the way there now, just missing a Matt Olson GU/99 and a Semien GU/auto/30. The supply has dried up so I'm glad I got 5 while I could. There's a Semien gu/auto on eBay for a crazy BIN price and my best offer was auto-rejected so I'll have to wait for another one. No big deal, not such a burning need that I'm going to pay a hundred bucks for it.

Dilferules

Aug 10, 2012
Auburn, WA
Even more today:

030621.jpg
The T205 Rube Oldring puts me a little closer to the team set. Getting tougher to find T205 and T206 cards for a decent price. Encarnacion is I believe my first 1999 E-X Century Essential Credentials card...this one is the Now version, 097/114. Ted Simmons is for my '88 Topps auto set, I've got a better HOFer incoming. Tejada finishes off the 2003 Topps Chrome Gold Refractor team set. I don't care about the grade much on the Ethier 2005 Topps Chrome Black Refractor auto RC, but it's nice to have. Still need a couple more for the team set.

Topnotchsy

Featured Contributor, The best players in history?
Aug 7, 2008
I'm not sure whether this will mean much to others, but for me this is a really, really big deal.

Throughout WWII, there were baseball games (and really a baseball league) played on the military bases in places such as Norfolk, VA. There were similar games and tournaments in the Pacific as a way to entertain the troops. In Europe, this was not really possible during the war.

The war ending did not mean that all the soldiers left immediately as there was a ton of work to do (some stayed for a year after). Once the war ended though, a baseball tournament was held. The World Series was held in Nuremberg, Germany, with Hilter's complex visible in the background.

The series was notable for another reason in that one of the teams was integrated and featured future HOF's and ***** League stars Leon Day and Willard Brown.

This is a program from that series in Nuremberg.

I don't know how many copies exist, but since I started collecting WWII baseball items, I have only seen one other. Presumably, it came back with a soldier returning from the war.

It's the kind of program that is far outside of what most people collect. But for me, it's a centerpiece of my collection.

1945 Nuremberg Program Cover.jpg1945 Nuremberg Program Inside.jpg1945 Nuremberg Program Back.jpg

bstanwood

Sep 24, 2016
Mystic, CT
I'm not sure whether this will mean much to others, but for me this is a really, really big deal.

Throughout WWII, there were baseball games (and really a baseball league) played on the military bases in places such as Norfolk, VA. There were similar games and tournaments in the Pacific as a way to entertain the troops. In Europe, this was not really possible during the war.

The war ending did not mean that all the soldiers left immediately as there was a ton of work to do (some stayed for a year after). Once the war ended though, a baseball tournament was held. The World Series was held in Nuremberg, Germany, with Hilter's complex visible in the background.

The series was notable for another reason in that one of the teams was integrated and featured future HOF's and ***** League stars Leon Day and Willard Brown.

I don't know how many copies exist, but since I started collecting WWII baseball items, I have only seen one other. Presumably, it came back with a soldier returning from the war.

It's the kind of program that is far outside of what most people collect. But for me, it's a centerpiece of my collection.

View attachment 121653View attachment 121654View attachment 121655
That is wicked cool. Great addition!

WizardofOz1982

Sep 30, 2017
Oklahoma

View attachment 121653View attachment 121654View attachment 121655

I know where a third one is. My grandfather was stationed in Nuremberg from March 1945 - October 1946 for the first of the War Crime Tribunals. There is a copy of this program in his effects from that era. The next time I'm at my parents and have time to get everything out I'll get some pictures.

Members online

Latest posts