Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Mark McGwire Collector's Thread

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

onionring9 said:
Big Mac McGwire said:
2 new pickups. Havnt picked up anything since spring training but i picked 2 things i been wanting to get out of the way

First a signed Steiner NL ball. I have a nl ball that is signed in black with the 98 inscription but i wanted one signed in blue

5d857287.jpg

2nd item is the sportkings signed jersey card. The only mac card to date with a signed jersey on the card. Print run of 9. Cant let these go unnoticed anymore

9c17b01a.jpg

Thank you for not doing so my friend.

What are the other variations of the card ?
Is there one signed with him in a cardinal uni? Or is the one i got the only variation?

I almost ran that sportkings card up to 350 on you, glad I decided not to!

mwheeler27

Mar 6, 2009
Big Mac McGwire said:
What are the other variations of the card ?
Is there one signed with him in a cardinal uni? Or is the one i got the only variation?

There is a gold 1/1 parallel of your card, but none with him in a cardinal uniform.

This one isn't signed, but I thought it was kind of cool in a weird way. If you really stretch your thinking, you could almost make yourself believe Big Mac is wearing those Cardinal wings. ;)

Send him a ball or picture during the season. I saw a bunch of successes at the end of last season. He personalizes all ball and photos. Send it to him a few days before the first home series of the start of the season.

Id send a ball but i got 2 of them and they got a personal touch. :lol:
mcgwire012.jpgtodon.jpg

when your at the post office have the clerk weigh the return box with the ball inside it. Pay for paid label on it that is at least 3 dollars more then what it costs to be safe.
Its the best 20$ gamble you will ever take. REMEMBER , he is more likely to open a big package on his desk then 1 of a hundred small envelopes

I just want to make it clear that whenever i post my mac stuff i am not trying to blow smoke up my arce or any kind of that. None of my friends collect stuff and no one in the united states that i know on a personal level as i consider all of us mac guys on here a tight bunch of lads. I hope you guys get a thrill out of looking at it as i did aquiring all this stuff in the frenzied 20+ years i have been building this ongoing "life" filled scrapbook. This is my favorite thread on here and i love checking out all the cards i will never own. But i would be lying if i did not say i enjoy comments from shanks and others that are drool inspired :)

Ryan The Orange

Mar 30, 2010
St. Louis
jam92102 said:
I don't think I'm going to get my ttm back :( I sent to spring training, not getting the same turnaround other folks are having. Maybe it got lost, never made it, or he just didn't like my letter :) Holding out hope but I'm afraid I may be out of luck. :( Anyways, check out this awesome success someone received:

http://www.fanmail.biz/mboard/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=213453

I sent one card out on March 7, and I haven't gotten anything back either.

gilbert said:
jam92102 said:
I don't think I'm going to get my ttm back :( I sent to spring training, not getting the same turnaround other folks are having. Maybe it got lost, never made it, or he just didn't like my letter :) Holding out hope but I'm afraid I may be out of luck. :( Anyways, check out this awesome success someone received:

http://www.fanmail.biz/mboard/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=213453

I sent one card out on March 7, and I haven't gotten anything back either.

Send a ball or picture. You will have a higher success rate

jam92102

Dec 13, 2008
Big Mac McGwire said:
Send him a ball or picture during the season. I saw a bunch of successes at the end of last season. He personalizes all ball and photos. Send it to him a few days before the first home series of the start of the season.

Id send a ball but i got 2 of them and they got a personal touch. :lol:
mcgwire012.jpgtodon.jpg

when your at the post office have the clerk weigh the return box with the ball inside it. Pay for paid label on it that is at least 3 dollars more then what it costs to be safe.
Its the best 20$ gamble you will ever take. REMEMBER , he is more likely to open a big package on his desk then 1 of a hundred small envelopes

I just want to make it clear that whenever i post my mac stuff i am not trying to blow smoke up my arce or any kind of that. None of my friends collect stuff and no one in the united states that i know on a personal level as i consider all of us mac guys on here a tight bunch of lads. I hope you guys get a thrill out of looking at it as i did aquiring all this stuff in the frenzied 20+ years i have been building this ongoing "life" filled scrapbook. This is my favorite thread on here and i love checking out all the cards i will never own. But i would be lying if i did not say i enjoy comments from shanks and others that are drool inspired :)

Thanks for the tip. I will have to do that. Really getting bumed out seeing all the successes.

I love when you post your stuff. All your stuff is drool inspired!!! :) I consider myself a fan. I consider you a hardcore fan! I agree us mac guys have our own little sense of community. I think it's great. Keep posting the awesome stuff. We'll keep drooling! :)

Not as exciting as some lucky guys got their TTM mac auto's,

But this Bad Boy Came intoday.

Big thanks to Joe for not making me pay out the *****. Thanks Joe ;) This picture does not do it justice. I was iffy about the sportkings. i still am missing all the others. But this thing in hand is sweet.

bc3929f3.jpg

mwheeler27

Mar 6, 2009
Big Mac McGwire said:
Not as exciting as some lucky guys got their TTM mac auto's,

But this Bad Boy Came intoday.

Big thanks to Joe for not making me pay out the *****. Thanks Joe ;) This picture does not do it justice. I was iffy about the sportkings. i still am missing all the others. But this thing in hand is sweet.

bc3929f3.jpg

I love that card, and you're right, it looks even better in-hand.

Members online

Latest posts