Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Mark McGwire Collector's Thread

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

GucciMac

Aug 12, 2017
Hollywood, CA
Yes sir. For the love of the cards. I'm not interested in turning a quick profit. I just loved McGwire, collecting the cards, looking at them, not looking at them for a while and then looking again and saying, "holy hell, I have THAT card, darn?!?" Guess there will always be folks who consider these business transactions, and that's ok. But greed can definitely get out of control at times and make for a cruddy marketplace.

Aw man, I hear ya! Timing isn't always the best. I already found a buyer though :( But not a dealer or anything, definitely a good dude, so I feel ok with it. No one will be holding my Mac cards hostage on eBay.

I’m the same way. I tend to forget that I own a particular card and am pleasantly surprised when I see it in one of the many boxes in the closet!

Bummer for me on your collection, but great for you! It went fast! Glad it’s going to a good home!

Apologies for the slow responses. Notifications never seem to work on this app!

Sent from my iPhone using Freedom Card Board mobile app

delsant2

May 29, 2010
I’m the same way. I tend to forget that I own a particular card and am pleasantly surprised when I see it in one of the many boxes in the closet!

Bummer for me on your collection, but great for you! It went fast! Glad it’s going to a good home!

Apologies for the slow responses. Notifications never seem to work on this app!

Haha, I have NEVER gotten notifications....for replies or PMs. I literally just check the site periodically. Sometimes more than others when I am more actively posting.

Yeah, I think it is definitely going to a good home. I will miss it terribly, but priorities have shifted (kids, building a new house, etc). And there was no pressure from anyone, I just felt it was ok to let it go.

It was funny, someone asked me for a particular card after looking at my checklist on Joe's website, not one of the ones I posted on eBay. My first reaction to it was, oops, he must have mis-read my checklist there, because I don't have that card. I go to check in my boxes and there it is 🤣

GucciMac

Aug 12, 2017
Hollywood, CA
Hmmm, sticker and non-sticker. I guess the pen/marker wouldn't adhere well to the chrome layer? Look how much nicer the signature looks when there is space....and I'm even partial to the old signature......that one still looks so nice! Sometimes basic is the way to go!

Yeah, I hate sticker autos, but like Jerry mentioned, McGwire collecting is like Pokémon! lol

jam022316

Jul 31, 2018
This is hilarious! At least, I think so anyway.

Come on man, who’s going to buy that!?!?!?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

GucciMac

Aug 12, 2017
Hollywood, CA
This is hilarious! At least, I think so anyway.

I know a few guys who’d buy it, myself included! haha 🤣 Not for that price, though!!!

abide

Apr 29, 2021
loving this thread. collected McGwire [mostly common] from 95-02. still pick up a card now and then.
have a box of non card stuff too, [which I'd like to get rid of. Starting Line Ups, Christmas ornaments, and so on]

7guns

Aug 7, 2008
Norfolk Va.
loving this thread. collected McGwire [mostly common] from 95-02. still pick up a card now and then.
have a box of non card stuff too, [which I'd like to get rid of. Starting Line Ups, Christmas ornaments, and so on]
Got more info and or pics ?

Members online

Latest posts