Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

May 2009 FCB group BGS Submission RESULTS IN! page 14

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

cgilmo

Administrator
Aug 6, 2008
Alpharetta, Georgia, United States
Re: May 2009 FCB group BGS Submission discussion

jeff550 said:
im sending 4 cards and already paid 5.50 per card so should i just send 2.00 more through paypal to cover the shipping back to me

there is a 5$ minimum on shipping, but yes, you can paypal it.

cgilmo

Administrator
Aug 6, 2008

Canucksfan1812 said:
I already shipped out before you changed the rules to apply shipping....Can you just send me an invoice of how much I owe you in shipping?

BTW I paid $19.50 cash for 3 autographed cards (the old rule was $6.50 for each autographed card)

thanks!!

yes, will do when they come back

aw00d05

Dec 18, 2008

I sent 2 non-autos and 1 auto, and got a $19 MO, that's correct right? If not I'll pm you my paypal addy and I can pay that and shipping whenever they come back.

bigeric

Aug 7, 2008

can u please make sure the $41 i sent for 6 cards is the correct amount (3 autos, 3 non-autos)

also when i try to ship my cards with paypal it says that the zipcode is incorrect so is your zipcode 36202 or 36203

thegreathambino

Jan 17, 2009

Chris.. just found out about this today. have a few cards i wanna send in. I"m gonna send them tommorow Monday (5/18) priority mail. You will get them wednesday.. and possibly at the latest thursday. Is that ok?? plz let me know. And same prices?? and whats the address

thegreathambino

Jan 17, 2009

ok Chris.. im sending in EDIT: 4 cards. Please put me down. They will be shipped 5/18 with priority. Should be there wednesday. Thanks!

cgilmo

Administrator
Aug 6, 2008

bigeric said:
can u please make sure the $41 i sent for 6 cards is the correct amount (3 autos, 3 non-autos)

also when i try to ship my cards with paypal it says that the zipcode is incorrect so is your zipcode 36202 or 36203

marterburn

I sent payment and sent the cards on Fridays afternoon. If I didn't do the payment right, let me know and I will pay the difference or whatever.

Again, thanks for setting this up Chris. For a low-ish end collector like myself, it make sending a few cards 3-4 times / year more palatable.

numba1yankeefan

Nov 29, 2008
Long Island

ughh, I waited about 7 weeks to find out what my april submission grades were. I get home to find the package in my mailbox. Open it up and 3 of the freaking cases were damaged! They were packaged pretty poorly, just the 6 cases in a box, no other protection. I am really not happy about this and dont want to wait another multiple weeks to get them re-cased. I seriously just want a refund for this. Will show you scans in a minute. :evil:

numba1yankeefan

Nov 29, 2008
Long Island

bottom right of the carpenter and braun (a little hard to see from looking straight at them but the carpenter has a piece completely chipped off and the braun is cracked but the piece is still there) And the coke is very clear

damagebgscarpenter.jpg

damagebgsbraun.jpg

damagebgscoke.jpg

MacK

Aug 7, 2008

Chris, I'm not trying to get on your case at all, but it seems like you need to change the way you ship the BGS cases.

I know I still have the Bumgarner with the cracked case, and I need to get it reslabbed.

Like I said, I'm not trying to get on your case at all, I'm glad you're able to do this for us, but maybe put some padding in there or something along those lines?

cgilmo

Administrator
Aug 6, 2008

the coke came that way from BGS

It was damaged when I got it back from them. There were a few BGS slabs that were damaged. That one is by far the worst.

MacK

Aug 7, 2008

cgilmo said:

It was damaged when I got it back from them. There were a few BGS slabs that were damaged. That one is by far the worst.

That one is quite radically damaged.

So the Braun and Carpenter were fine when they came back from BGS? So the minor damages are probably from the transit from you to numba1yankeefan?

cgilmo

Administrator
Aug 6, 2008

Skorris CCBC said:
cgilmo said:

That one is quite radically damaged.

So the Braun and Carpenter were fine when they came back from BGS? So the minor damages are probably from the transit from you to numba1yankeefan?

minor case problems happen from BGS

Think about this for a second, if his slabs were all in the same place in the same box, how would the coke be the only one to take damage?

I didn't inspect these cards thoroughly, that is for BGS to do. But I did send exactly what BGS sent me, and there were some chipped slabs in this order as there ALWAYS are with large orders.

Philip J. Fry

Aug 9, 2008
Ohio

Skorris CCBC said:
Chris, I'm not trying to get on your case at all, but it seems like you need to change the way you ship the BGS cases.

I know I still have the Bumgarner with the cracked case, and I need to get it reslabbed.

Like I said, I'm not trying to get on your case at all, I'm glad you're able to do this for us, but maybe put some padding in there or something along those lines?

I wonder if it would be easier for members to ship their cards to Chris in a box with packing material already? I know that's what I've done with the first submission and so my package was well protected. Not saying Chris doesn't have the supplies, but I'm sure it's an added cost to him if we rely on him solely.

Erich

Aug 26, 2008
Anywhere Delta goes.

The cards I received back from Chris were packed to perfection. I forklift would have had to run over them to crack them.

The only thing I would like to see changed is BGS using the bags for individual slabs.

AndruwHRJones

Aug 9, 2008

I received my package today, thanks! However it appears you sent me one of Fandruw25's cards and I am missing one of mine. I assume he has my missing card.

Btw, using packing tape to wrap around all the slabs is a BAD idea. Now I have to go buy some goo gone or something to remove all of the tape stickiness. I appreciate that they were not broken, but I would assume there are better ways. Phillip may be correct, it may be easier for us to send our own shipping supplies.

I guess Fandruw25 and I will try and work out a deal to get our cards back. I hope he has mine, if not I have no clue where it is at.

cwc2002

Dec 7, 2008

Hi Chris, just checking to see if you received my shipment. Shouldve came from zip code 19038 and have 8 cards including a Justin Upton sterling ref auto and a couple Tim Beckham razor autos. lmk thanks

jeff550

May 5, 2009
burke

not trying to be inpartient but im jut waondering if you recived a package with the return adress as walker in a bubble mailer and it had an index card listing the crads that were inclosed. if you dont know im fine with that. thnks for the great deal