Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

May 2024 Arrivals

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

mrmopar

Jan 19, 2010
I knew I needed this card when I saw it listed. I got it at a discount and would have liked to save a bit more, but with only 9 copies, I didn't want to risk losing out. Hargrove was only a Padre briefly. The OPC variations of the 70s and 80s are still very cool to see, especially since I never had many OPC cards growing up.
Hargrove 9.png

I missed out on the set I really wanted as well as two others, but still landing 3 neat oddball basketball sets from the same seller. I have no special love for the Phoenix Suns, but they had some cool oddball sets in the 70s.
Humpty.pngSuns Pepsi.pngSuns Team.png

banjar

Mar 22, 2015
Lafayette, Colorado

Philip J. Fry

Aug 9, 2008
Ohio
Another #ed card of a HOFer. A little more than $5 delivered but I’m not complaining.

IMG_3902.jpeg

Also, huge shoutout to @Dazed for a nice care package to help complete my 2023 Stadium Club and 2023 Bowman’s Best sets. Have not updated my checklists yet but I finally got through sorting them all. The generosity of this board still amazes me and I’m hoping I can pay it forward to help continue the tradition.

mrmopar

Jan 19, 2010
A couple solid 70s stars
Otis.pngGrich.png
Otis was a 5x AS and 3X gold glover
Grich was a 6X AS and 4x gold glover

Bet that shocks some folks, as both are routinely considered fan favorites at best.

A mini page with a Bob Lanier, similar to a Gus Goodsport I posted a few days ago. I consider these newspaper "bubblegumless cards", although they were not necessarily meant to be clipped and saved. However, it is a compact collectible-ish item that ran in the mini pages for many years.
mini Page.png

mrmopar

Jan 19, 2010
Coop! Another forgotten 70s star. 5X AS, 3X Silver Slugger and 2X GG. He also managed the Astros for a few years between long stretches where they were perennial playoff participants.
cOOPER MRM.png

These were so cool when released. One of many interesting inserts of the 90s. Now nobody cares anymore. I think I paid a buck for this.
Allen mrm.png

WizardofOz1982

Sep 30, 2017
Oklahoma
Just a couple in the mail today.

Not much Helsley stuff coming out this year so I'll take what I can get. He was in the 2024 Topps Team Set for the Cardinals so hopefully he'll have a Series 2 issue for me to chase.

2024 Topps Opening Day
2024 Topps Now Road to Opening Day Front.jpg
2024 Topps St. Louis Cardinals Team Set
2024 Topps Team Set.jpg

I'm not sure what all I'm trading for this yet but I'll have to find some more cool Warren Spahn stuff for my buddy who sent me this Griffey auto.
Ken Griffey Jr.jpg

Members online

Latest posts