Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

miguelcabrera VS. Dchurg Wager....

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Status
Not open for further replies.

coltsfan23

Aug 7, 2008
MN
miguelcabrera said:
coltsfan23 said:
miguelcabrera said:
coltsfan23 said:
This is funny. Nothing, I think, is self-explanatory. If Logan gets one AB in the majors, dchurg would win. Regardless of the outcome, he did so SOMETHING in the majors.

that is why i am making rules and if it works out, i will make the bet

If what dchurg bolded was what you said exactly, there is no need for rules. It's very obvious what you said.

so i will not make that bet

That's not what I was saying, plus you already said you would bet on it. Along with everything else, you'd be proven to be one who backs out of deals.

miguelcabrera

Nov 20, 2008
YOU KNOW
coltsfan23 said:
miguelcabrera said:
coltsfan23 said:
miguelcabrera said:
coltsfan23 said:
This is funny. Nothing, I think, is self-explanatory. If Logan gets one AB in the majors, dchurg would win. Regardless of the outcome, he did so SOMETHING in the majors.

that is why i am making rules and if it works out, i will make the bet

If what dchurg bolded was what you said exactly, there is no need for rules. It's very obvious what you said.

so i will not make that bet

That's not what I was saying, plus you already said you would bet on it. Along with everything else, you'd be proven to be one who backs out of deals.

actually never once agreed to it
never edited my posts, check them out

boomo

Sep 14, 2008
harrison, are you bucking on becoming the next cardboardbeauty and having everyone hate you? you need to really post less and think more.

miguelcabrera

Nov 20, 2008
YOU KNOW
boomo said:
harrison, are you bucking on becoming the next cardboardbeauty and having everyone hate you? you need to really post less and think more.

i pmed him telling him not to make a post, i didnt post it

predatorkj

Aug 7, 2008
I think what Miggy meant was that he won't be a superstar in the major.No all star appearances, no more than 10-15 homers a year...no more than 10-20 stolen bases etc etc.

While I agree he should do a little more research before he opens his mouth...chances are...he is probably right.Lets not get carried away and start thinking prospecting=talent in the majors.I know that may or may not be whats intended here but sometimes it really feels like thats how people around here think.They feel if they stand to make some money off of some cards that the dude will be a stud in the majors.It doesn't always work that way.

miguelcabrera

Nov 20, 2008
YOU KNOW
predatorkj said:
I think what Miggy meant was that he won't be a superstar in the major.No all star appearances, no more than 10-15 homers a year...no more than 10-20 stolen bases etc etc.

While I agree he should do a little more research before he opens his mouth...chances are...he is probably right.Lets not get carried away and start thinking prospecting=talent in the majors.I know that may or may not be whats intended here but sometimes it really feels like thats how people around here think.They feel if they stand to make some money off of some cards that the dude will be a stud in the majors.It doesn't always work that way.

pretty much what i meant, under 20 homers, no AS appearances, no more than 80 RBI, etc, which is just ridiculous to pay 600 dollars for of a guy like that.
either way i worded it in the begining, this is what i meant.

dchurg

Aug 11, 2008
miguelcabrera said:
predatorkj said:

pretty much what i meant, under 20 homers, no AS appearances, no more than 80 RBI, etc, which is just ridiculous to pay 600 dollars for of a guy like that.
So basically being an average, serviceable major leaguer is doing nothing...news to me...

miguelcabrera

Nov 20, 2008
YOU KNOW
dchurg said:
miguelcabrera said:
predatorkj said:

So basically being an average, serviceable major leaguer is doing nothing...news to me...

i was just exagerrating based on the cost of the cards, someone who hits 12 homers, 69 RBI's, and has a 276 average should not be getting 600 dollars for a card.

predatorkj

Aug 7, 2008
miguelcabrera said:
dchurg said:
miguelcabrera said:
predatorkj said:

i was just exagerrating based on the cost of the cards, someone who hits 12 homers, 69 RBI's, and has a 276 average should not be getting 600 dollars for a card.

Even though I think you could have put your foot in your mouth simply because we don't know what will happen...you do have a point.

Being an average major leaguer these days is nothing.I mean...yeah they are most likely better than most normal people at baseball and they are there for a reason but being Albert Pujols and being Geoff Blum are two different things altogether.I mean...yeah both play in the majors but you ever wonder why you can find so many Pujols cards and items versus those of Blum.One is your average joe baseball player and the other is a complete monster.Walkoffs be darned.

Dpanthers14

Aug 7, 2008
Colorado
sethyarkony said:
miguel cabrera might need math help determining how much the cards he is willing to bet are worth.
lol that was a good one, I would be suprised if he knew how to use a Beckett, Idk with all those letters and numbers it might get confusing.

miguelcabrera

Nov 20, 2008
YOU KNOW
Dpanthers14 said:
sethyarkony said:
miguel cabrera might need math help determining how much the cards he is willing to bet are worth.
lol that was a good one, I would be suprised if he knew how to use a Beckett, Idk with all those letters and numbers it might get confusing.

jeez dude, kinda rough on me

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest posts