Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

MiLB - one up, one down

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

masonphillip

Administrator
Aug 7, 2008
I enjoy the MiLB performances thread that J.P. starts here immensely and it got me thinking...I know the season is just a couple weeks old but I thought it'd be fun if everyone posted one guy so far that's exciting them and one that is disappointing. Could be anyone, someone you are following or just somoene you noticed.

For me:

One up: Trevor Story - 2011 BDP high schooler that is batting .300 with an OPS of .983 thus far in the SAL

One down: Nick Longmire - guy from 2010 BDP who had a really solid debut year then a tough year at low A last year, so far a batting average in the .100s this year

Who are yours?

Jaypers

Aug 7, 2008
IL
One up - Jose Fernandez. I didn't think he would start this hot out of the gate, but he's been on fire.

One down - Bryce Harper. Nuff said there. At least he's got a 5-game hitting streak going, though.

Keyser Soze

Nov 9, 2010
The Woodlands, TX
One up - Michael Taylor. Hitting .429 in AAA and only striking out in 12% of his AB's, down from over 22% last season

One down - Manny Bannuelos. Just look at his stats. Simply atrocious.

Keyser Soze

Nov 9, 2010
The Woodlands, TX
Another one

Up - Jose Campos. This guy has to be mentioned at least once. Ridiculous numbers

Down - Gary Brown. Only hitting .200 now that he's out of the Cal league, and after stealing over 50 bases last year, only has 1 steal in 12 games this season, and has been caught twice

masonphillip

Administrator
Aug 7, 2008
Another one

Up - Jose Campos. This guy has to be mentioned at least once. Ridiculous numbers

Down - Gary Brown. Only hitting .200 now that he's out of the Cal league, and after stealing over 50 bases last year, only has 1 steal in 12 games this season, and has been caught twice

That's really strange about the steals...I have to believe that will even out.

Members online