Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Milb Performances - 4/13

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

elmalo

Feb 19, 2010
chromerookies said:
elmalo said:
Eric Thames 1-2, RBI. Hitting .417 with 8 R'sBI. BEAST!
me likey :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
Did I ever tell you your my HEROOOOOOO, Your everything I wish I could be, I could fly higher than an eagle. Cause you are the wind beneath my wings!!!

Jaypers

Aug 7, 2008
IL
Good outing for Folty, but lost 1-0. Line - 6 IP, 5 H, 1 R, 1 BB, 3K

Game 1: Harper 1-2, BB

bballcardkid

Aug 7, 2008
Lexington, Kentucky
Jaypers said:
shayscards79 said:
I have a question for you Jaypers, why draft Cole over Bauer?

I'll let Callis speak for me here, as I agree with this assessment overall.

Tyler (Harrodsburg, Ky): Jim, I'm just curious why there seems to be a scouting concensus that Gerrit Cole is a better pitching prospect than Trevor Bauer. Statistically, it is no comparison in Bauer's favor. And from a visual perspective, I watched all of Cole's performances during the tournament last year and I came away unimpressed. He showed little faith in his offspeed pitches, and when he did throw them, they weren't controlled well. He seemed like a 80% fastball throwing pitcher. Outside of body type, why do scouts favor Cole over Bauer?

Jim Callis: Cole's stuff is better this year, with his slider a plus-plus pitch and his changeup at least a plus offering. I think it's fair to say that scouts are more comfortable with Cole's delivery and routines than with Bauer's. At the same time, I don't think scouts think there's a huge gap. Cole is the top pitching prospect in this draft, but Bauer isn't far behind.

I'd like to watch Cole for myself in order to verify the answer he gave me, because statistically he was better last year than this year so far...I think. I think the bolded is the key to the response.

Jaypers

Aug 7, 2008
IL
BRYCE HARPER GOES YARD!!!! :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

His first pro HR. The first of many. And it happened on my birthday, too.

Jaypers

Aug 7, 2008
IL
Shelby Miller's final line - 5.2 IP, 6 H, 4 R, 2 ER, 1 BB, 11 K. Might get him on the Hot Sheet.

Russ S.

Aug 10, 2008
VA / DC / MD
Jaypers said:
BRYCE HARPER GOES YARD!!!! :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

His first pro HR. The first of many. And it happened on my birthday, too.
Happy Birthday JP.
Don't say we didn't give you anything! ;)

Jaypers

Aug 7, 2008
IL
Delino Deshields Jr. decided not to let Harper be the only one to get his first pro HR tonight. :cool:

elmalo

Feb 19, 2010
J. Mejia so far 6 IP, 2 Hits, 0 Runs, 3 BB's, 4K's. So far this year 12 IP, 5 Hits, 0 Runs, 5 BBB, 10 K's.

R. Tejada 2-2, 2B, RBI. .360BA

Jaypers

Aug 7, 2008
IL
Don't look now, but Keyvius Sampson is dominating again. So far - 4 IP, 2 H, 0 R, 1 BB, 8 K.

Members online

Latest posts