Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Milb Performances - 7/19

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Mudcatsfan

Aug 7, 2008
soxrchamps07 said:
Wilin Rosario with a bomb (15). Have I ever mentioned this kid is going to be a stud?

His stat line..

.280 AVG .332 OBP .848 OPS .516 SLG 15 HR

Lets compare that to Jesus Montero stats in Double AA last year who was is the same age as Rosario (21) when he went through Double AA.

.316 AVG .370 OBP .909 OPS .539 SLG 9 HR

Did I mention that Rosario has a cannon for an arm (His 40% CS rate is a testament to that) and will most likely stay behind the plate and not to move to the DH spot like Montero? Its going to be fun to watch this kid hitin big flys and throwin guys out in Colorado.

In my opinion, Rosario is at if not above Montero's level if you consider the entire package.

No doubt Wilin is a great player, but Montero was 19 when he went thru AA, not 21.

I'm a Wilin fan, and he's light years better as a catcher, but Montero has Miguel Cabrera hitting ability.

Good lord Wilin

Picture059.jpg

Dsuj

Sep 1, 2008
ohio
another solid outing for alex white

7.0ip 6h 1r 1er 0HR 0BB 7K WIN

He should be getting the call to AAA columbus very soon.

soxrchamps07

Aug 7, 2008
Brett Keith said:
soxrchamps07 said:
Wilin Rosario with a bomb (15). Have I ever mentioned this kid is going to be a stud?

His stat line..

.280 AVG .332 OBP .848 OPS .516 SLG 15 HR

Lets compare that to Jesus Montero stats in Double AA last year who was is the same age as Rosario (21) when he went through Double AA.

.316 AVG .370 OBP .909 OPS .539 SLG 9 HR

Did I mention that Rosario has a cannon for an arm (His 40% CS rate is a testament to that) and will most likely stay behind the plate and not to move to the DH spot like Montero? Its going to be fun to watch this kid hitin big flys and throwin guys out in Colorado.

In my opinion, Rosario is at if not above Montero's level if you consider the entire package.

Montero was 19 in AA last year.

My bad, you are both right. [Instert foot into mouth]

I dont know why i thought he was older.

Dsuj

Sep 1, 2008
ohio
wilmer flores - 2-4 HR and 4 RBIs

Keep rolling wilmer I just Picked up 2 golds for my stash today

Messier2

Aug 10, 2008
jlecates said:
Joshua.Roundtree said:
jlecates said:
Planets must be aligned correctly...Donavan Tate is back in the lineup tonight.

Hey, he could still get hurt in batting practice before the game starts.
Well he walked in his first AB, so I thought he was going to take it easy...but then he stole a base - he's pressing his luck.

3 walks for Tate...wow...I guess the stomach virus he had elevated his pitch recognition!

3 walks...2 SB...1 outfield assist! :D I likey!

HoustonTeams4Me

Sep 9, 2008
Eric Hosmer is trying for BA's #1 spot this week (3gm's in Double-A & a HR in each), not to mention his .429 batting average & 7RBI's!!! Last night's game looked like this:

3-for-5, 2R, 2B, HR, 3RBI's, & 0K's!!! ;)

Michael Taylor has come to life in July (.375 avg, 8R, 3-2B's, 2HR's, 12RBI's, 5BB's-to-7K's, & 1SB over the last 10 gm's) & last night's game was no different:

3-for-6, 2R, HR, 5RBI's, & 1K....he's now inched his avg up to a respectable .269 on the year! :D

Mike Minor got his 3rd start in Triple-A lastnight & notched his 3 consecutive win! He went:

6ip, 5h, 2ER, 1HR, 1BB, & 5K's while earning his 3rd straight "W" in AAA. Minor is now 3-0, with 18.2 IP, 13h, 1HR, 6BB's, 20K's, & sports a 1.93 ERA in his 3 Triple-A starts thus far!!! ;)

ballerskrip

Aug 7, 2008
Chicago Area
HoustonTeams4Me said:
Eric Hosmer is trying for BA's #1 spot this week (3gm's in Double-A & a HR in each), not to mention his .429 batting average & 7RBI's!!! Last night's game looked like this:

Michael Taylor has come to life in July (.375 avg, 8R, 3-2B's, 2HR's, 12RBI's, 5BB's-to-7K's, & 1SB over the last 10 gm's) & last night's game was no different:

3-for-6, 2R, HR, 5RBI's, & 1K....he's now inched his avg up to a respectable .269 on the year! :D

Mike Minor got his 3rd start in Triple-A lastnight & notched his 3 consecutive win! He went:

6ip, 5h, 2ER, 1HR, 1BB, & 5K's while earning his 3rd straight "W" in AAA. Minor is now 3-0, with 18.2 IP, 13h, 1HR, 6BB's, 20K's, & sports a 1.93 ERA in his 3 Triple-A starts thus far!!! ;)

I have missed the daily Michael Taylor threads :D :D :D :D

Of course I started to buy his elite autos and then he stunk it up, let's go MIKE!

skrip

yankeesfan24

Messier2 said:
jlecates said:
Joshua.Roundtree said:
jlecates said:
Planets must be aligned correctly...Donavan Tate is back in the lineup tonight.

Hey, he could still get hurt in batting practice before the game starts.
Well he walked in his first AB, so I thought he was going to take it easy...but then he stole a base - he's pressing his luck.

3 walks for Tate...wow...I guess the stomach virus he had elevated his pitch recognition!

3 walks...2 SB...1 outfield assist! :D I likey!
im surprised he didnt pull a hammy or throw his arm out lol, i have high hopes for this kid, and he will be a STUD if he can stay healthy

HoustonTeams4Me

Sep 9, 2008
ballerskrip said:
HoustonTeams4Me said:

Of course I started to buy his elite autos and then he stunk it up, let's go MIKE!

skrip

Arsehole! :lol: I haven't kept a steady/daily log of M.Taylor thread's since our days on BMB (though I admit I did throw out several thread's when he was tearing it up...those were tha days :cry: ). You still got your Taylor's(?), if so PM me & maybe we can work out a trade or something. :D

EricInCT

Jan 8, 2009
HoustonTeams4Me said:
ballerskrip said:
HoustonTeams4Me said:

skrip

Arsehole! :lol: I haven't kept a steady/daily log of M.Taylor thread's since our days on BMB (though I admit I did throw out several thread's when he was tearing it up...those were tha days :cry: ). You still got your Taylor's(?), if so PM me & maybe we can work out a trade or something. :D

I just got grades on 5 contenders taylor 9.5/10, those suckers are a tough grade

loftlife

Feb 7, 2010
aminors said:
loftlife said:
Trout one homer shy of cycle... really strong showing...

Stronger than you think. He wasn't a homer shy, because he didn't have a single. Two doubles and a triple. :D :D

Ant

Ahhh... I beg forgiveness... WTH was I thinking? ;)

chompsmcgee

Jan 24, 2010
Phoenix, AZ
HoustonTeams4Me said:

Ha, of course I read this thread AFTER I make a post about it. Of course you'd be the first to point it out!

Members online