Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

MLB 5/5

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

AKA Coastal

Aug 7, 2008
When did mlb.com charge to watch their video clips during a game on gamday?..sucks. Anyways to get it without the $19.95?

archiebunkerjr

Dec 11, 2008
What???!!! No Porcello Thread Tonight?

Man, we must be really slacking around here tonight. Porcello was dealing tonight.

7IP, 4 Hits, 3 BB, 3 K's. When he got in trouble, he got the Twins to ground into three 6-4-3 double plays. I wasn't able to see most of the game tonight but he kept his pitches down for the two innings that I saw.

All The Hype

Aug 7, 2008
Indianapolis
Re: What???!!! No Porcello Thread Tonight?

archiebunkerjr said:
Man, we must be really slacking around here tonight. Porcello was dealing tonight.

7IP, 4 Hits, 3 BB, 3 K's. When he got in trouble, he got the Twins to ground into three 6-4-3 double plays. I wasn't able to see most of the game tonight but he kept his pitches down for the two innings that I saw.

I've been watching and he was outstanding today. His curveball which he has had trouble commanding in the past was very sharp today and he did an excellent job keeping it down in the zone. He threw some great changeups to get Mauer and Morneau early in the game, and his two seamer/sinker was electric as always.

He looked as good as ever today, and the scoreboard reflects that.

scotty21690

Aug 7, 2008
ALL_THE_HYPE said:
Porcello done, 7 shutout innings. Great performance by the kid, and with a 9-0 lead, looks like he'll be adding a W to his record.
Well done Porcello. :cool:

aw00d05

Dec 18, 2008
V. Padilla 8.0 1 1 0 3 4 0 and he got a ND...1 little bloop hit and an error and he gets a ND...sad

tommyfro21

Aug 8, 2008
Anyone notice that Porcello held the Twins down tonight?

In 7 innings, he allowed only 4 hits, 3 walks, and got 3 K's. Good rebound after his last game against the Yankees.

And honestly, I'm surprised there weren't multiple threads about this already... :lol:

All The Hype

Aug 7, 2008
Indianapolis
ALL_THE_HYPE said:
Porcello done, 7 shutout innings. Great performance by the kid, and with a 9-0 lead, looks like he'll be adding a W to his record.

And it's now final, Porcello picks up the win tossing 7 shutout innings in the Tigers 9-0 victory over Minnesota.

jeremy

Aug 7, 2008
YOU KNOW
ALL_THE_HYPE said:
[quote="ALL_THE_HYPE":m1569qj5]Porcello done, 7 shutout innings. Great performance by the kid, and with a 9-0 lead, looks like he'll be adding a W to his record.

And it's now final, Porcello picks up the win tossing 7 shutout innings in the Tigers 9-0 victory over Minnesota.[/quote:m1569qj5]

YOU KNOW

EricInCT

Jan 8, 2009
Volquez proving to be near unhittable the last 27 innings, only 4 ER.

3 hits last 16 innings.

hive17

Aug 7, 2008
Another sad chapter in the leagues longest-running streak has just concluded.

Brewers win their 17th in-a-row over the Pirates.

I'm sure I'm going to get hammered by other Crew fans, but at some point, if Pittsburg wins one, I'm probably not going to care. A win has gone past inevitable and into annecdotal if it happens.

Like I said, I don't mind the wins, but it's kind of sad...

EricInCT

Jan 8, 2009
MOFNY said:
Scherzer roughed up first inning. Hart another nice game.

Scherzer allows 2 ER in the first and then pitches 5 innings of 2 hit ball and 0 runs. The guy is on the wrong team, the Diamondbacks made Jeff Weaver look like Cy Young last night.

Members online

Latest posts