Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

MLB Showdown Collectors/Collections?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Apojar

Sep 29, 2020
I just came across this thread on google. I opened up an old box in one of my A/C storages and found a stack of MLB Showdown 2000 cards. Currently trying to decipher/organize/determine values of them. Looks like two promo cards, about 10~ first editions, a bunch of non first edition player cards, and a ton of the "skill" type cards.

Does anyone know if the "skill" type (defense/offense/ultity) are worth squat or may they be junked?

Also, I can't find any data on the value of a special card. Its # 001/008 Peter Bergeron with a "W" (wizards of the coast) stamp on the bottom left. Anyone have any data on sales`value of this card?
Yes I do! I'm rather in touch with what's up with most things MLB Showdown-related. You've got quite the rare one there.

abide

Apr 29, 2021
in your review of all the cards for the master set, I don't see "1st edition" as a separate or parallel set, in the years that there were 1st edition cards put out
how do you look at 1st edition?

Apojar

Sep 29, 2020
So, the first edition cards have a small stamp on the lower left portion of the cards that has a 1 in a silver circle, and says Edition around the outside of it. I'll drop a photo of one in here for you.
A poster above said they have a Peter Bergeron with a W symbol on it. Yes, that's the rarest of the WotC promos that were printed in 2000. They were only found in the TopDeck magazine that was published, and only in (I think it was) the October issue of that year. There was one card in the magazine (and an apparently REALLY rare pack of Pokemon in it also), and the hope was to find all 9 different promos. I'm down to needing only one, but your Bergeron could fetch you close to $100 on the Showdown market right now.

You can see on the bottom the embossed "1 edition" symbol/seal.

1625703618402.png

Apojar

Sep 29, 2020
The skill cards won't fetch you much at all. If you sold those as a bulk lot, you might get 4 or 5 bucks for them. There weren't all that may super-expensive strategy cards until Clutch Performance came into being.

The Peter Bergeron promo is rather pricey. That could get close to $100 or more on ebay. The Bergeron is the rarest of the WotC's (the cards with the W on the lower left).
The other moderately priced WotC was the Joe Nathan. The other 7 were not nearly that high (maybe 30-40 bucks now).

Apojar

Sep 29, 2020
I do, if you haven't moved this yet.
The Bergeron WotC (the W symbol on it) was the hardest of the 8 of them (there were only 8 different WotC cards published as promos in the Nov 2000 edition of TopDeck Magazine).
They tend to fetch anywhere from $80-150, sometimes even close to 200.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts