Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

MLB Spring Training Thread - 3/8

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Russ S.

Aug 10, 2008
VA / DC / MD
Messier2 said:
Jaypers said:
Harper was a late scratch from today's lineup, due to tightness in his calf. Listed as day-to-day.

Oh no! SELL!!!!! :oops:
:lol: :lol:
Just needs a good rub down!
Love the bolded part!

VIERA, Fla. -- Nationals right fielder Bryce Harper was expected to start against the Astros on Thursday, but was a late scratch because of left calf tightness, according to a team spokesman. Harper is listed as day-to-day.

Eury Perez replaced Harper in the lineup. Perez played center field, while Brett Carroll was switched from center to right field.

Entering Thursday's action, Harper was 5-for-11 (.455) with two doubles. His five hits led the Nationals. Manager Davey Johnson said he was going to give Harper every chance to be Washington's everyday right fielder.

hoopster3977

Jun 22, 2010
Upper Peninsula
Jaypers said:
Looks as though MLB.com screwed up on Pomeranz, as they originally had him as the pitcher of record through 4 IP, but has since corrected it.

I would say so. Pomeranz hasn't given up a run in 5 innings pitched so far this spring.
Today's line:
IP H R ER BB SO HR
D Pomeranz 3 2 0 0 1 3 0

mwashuc06

Aug 7, 2008
hoopster3977 said:
Jaypers said:
Looks as though MLB.com screwed up on Pomeranz, as they originally had him as the pitcher of record through 4 IP, but has since corrected it.

I would say so. Pomeranz hasn't given up a run in 5 innings pitched so far this spring.
Today's line:
IP H R ER BB SO HR
D Pomeranz 3 2 0 0 1 3 0

Pomeranz will still suck this year, just you watch...

morgoth

Jul 2, 2010
marterburn said:
Jaypers said:
The Starling Marte train keeps on chugging. He just went yard. :cool:

Yeah I wish I had bought some of his stuff in November...oh hindsight...curse you!

Pirates GM basically stated that even if he hit 1.000 and 100 HR's in the spring he was going to AAA. They actually have a glut of OF's in ML camp they will have to sort out.

Crewfan82

Apr 21, 2009
jbone17 said:
Starling Marte is going to be a tank!

He will need to learn how to take a walk first. Carlos Gomez one of the worst professional hitters ever draws walks at a higher percetage than Marte. A 3.7% BB% isn't going to cut it in the majors. Pitchers will just start letting him get himself out.

Can't deny he has done great this spring though.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts