Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

MLB Thread 4/14/10

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

AKA Coastal

Aug 7, 2008
brouthercard said:
Jonathan Sanchez is smoking something today!

When he's on..he's real good. I still regret selling all my Sanchez stuff the morning of his no-hitter...Doh!

Huffamaniac

Oct 8, 2008
bought over 10 autos of him this winter. Wish i bought more

KandKCards said:
Just a heads up to the hobby world: David Price is 2-0, 2.45 ERA with 14 K's in 14.2 IP. Not bad for a guy who a lot of people apparently gave up on.

brouthercard

Jan 15, 2009
Huffamaniac said:

KandKCards said:
Just a heads up to the hobby world: David Price is 2-0, 2.45 ERA with 14 K's in 14.2 IP. Not bad for a guy who a lot of people apparently gave up on.

It's funny how Price could actually do very well, and he won't be as popular as he was before he made it to the majors.

rico08

Aug 7, 2008
Los Angeles
brouthercard said:
rico08 said:
In San Francisco, Jonathan Sanchez has posted a 7IP 3H 0ER 3BB 10K. He's up to 96 pitches, wonder if he'll see the 8th...

If SF makes the playoffs and he and Lincecum are on...could be a tough series for the opposing batters.

I think the Giants have a chance to beat every NL team in a seven game series, IF they make the playoffs. Not just Sanchez and Lincy, but Cainer as well, plus Zito has been decent.

Let's not forget though, the Dodgers, Rockies, and Diamondbacks don't resemble the Pirates at all. All four pitchers are exceptional, but when facing lineups in the NL West. At the very least, someone is taking a no-decision.

Huffamaniac

Oct 8, 2008
His cards actually peaked when he got the save in game 7 of the ALCS in 08

brouthercard said:
Huffamaniac said:

KandKCards said:
Just a heads up to the hobby world: David Price is 2-0, 2.45 ERA with 14 K's in 14.2 IP. Not bad for a guy who a lot of people apparegave up on.

It's funny how Price could actually do very well, and he won't be as popular as he was before he made it to the majors.

johnny rook

Aug 10, 2008
CA
That was one hell of a game today in San Francisco, pleasant weather too. I sure am glad the Giants carried over their play from Arizona into the regular season. Of course we will know more about this team by the end of the month after playing STL and PHI. Oh yeah, mark you calendars for Aug 28. Because if the Giants and Phillies rotation stay the same the pitchers for that game will be Lincecum vs. Halladay. I've already bought my tickets.

AKA Coastal

Aug 7, 2008
jlyles said:
Nelson. Cruz.

WOW. 6 on the year.

He's going to hit a TON of homeruns this year. Dumped my stash last season...fart.

PS: at least this proves my point that old prospects are great investments...Cruz was born in 1980?

Topnotchsy

Featured Contributor, The best players in history?
Aug 7, 2008
AKA Coastal said:
jlyles said:
Nelson. Cruz.

WOW. 6 on the year.

He's going to hit a TON of homeruns this year. Dumped my stash last season...fart.

PS: at least this proves my point that old prospects are great investments...Cruz was born in 1980?
I do not believe his base Chromes have yet hit the price they reached before last season (or was it at the beginning of last season) when you hyped them up and I have followed them pretty closely. That might change now, but you can still pick up his Chromes on thepit.com for around $3.50.

AKA Coastal

Aug 7, 2008
Topnotchsy said:
AKA Coastal said:
jlyles said:
Nelson. Cruz.

WOW. 6 on the year.

I do not believe his base Chromes have yet hit the price they reached before last season (or was it at the beginning of last season) when you hyped them up and I have followed them pretty closely. That might change now, but you can still pick up his Chromes on thepit.com for around $3.50.

I wouldn't hype anyone up would I?! :oops:

I can't remember what they reached last season ,but I'd like them back. He could have a pretty nasty season. His stuff was pretty affordable over the winter. I just went a different direction.

AKA Coastal

Aug 7, 2008
Just looked it up on thepit.com transaction history. I bought 165 Cruz base chromes at $1.55 a piece.

edit: I remember almost hitting the BIN on his superfractor last season. I think it was listed for $600ish?

Topnotchsy

Featured Contributor, The best players in history?
Aug 7, 2008
AKA Coastal said:
Just looked it up on thepit.com transaction history. I bought 165 Cruz base chromes at $1.55 a piece.
If I recall correctly there was a day on thepit.com when they went up 289% or so. Probably shortly after you bought them.

As for hyping a guy, my opinion always is, if you are hyping a winner, there's nothing wrong with it. I honestly don't recall how much (if it was much at all) you promoted Cruz, but based on his numbers last season he was certainly worthy of the attention, and lived up to the hype.

It is crazy that in this past off-season they dropped as low as $.50 and 42 copies traded hands at $.75.

Members online

Latest posts