Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Mlb Winter Meetings

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

AnthonyCorona

Oct 6, 2014
Modesto, CA
Maybe ol Billy is attempting to have the lowest attendance ever so they can have an excuse to move them to San Jose or get a new stadium

WCTYSON

Nov 3, 2014
Likely to be completed within 24 hours. Its Seimen and mid range prospects. AWFUL deal for the A's. White Sox are going to contend for the Central next year after signing Robertson. Very good rotation.

Agree that it is an awful move on the A's part and I have liked mostly what they have done over the last year. Surprised by the White Sox, as this makes a solid rotation even better, but again where is their offense going to come from? Seems like a wasted move on their part, as they are far from contention IMO.

Bootstraps9

Feb 4, 2014
The A's do this every five years. It's the only way to compete on a budget. You have to gut the team to save money every couple years. Their eyes are down the road not on next year

BBCgalaxee

Sep 9, 2011
A source close to Billy Beane just tweeted that the team traded the name "Athletics" to the Toros of Tiajuana in exchange for some Dos Equis and a few Churro

No doubt one of the best moves made by mister money ball.

WCTYSON

Nov 3, 2014
9:35am: The deal is done, tweets David Kaplan of CSNChicago.com. Executive Vice President Ken Williams says that the team hopes to make a run at keeping Samardzija for the long run.

maxe0213

Oct 10, 2012
California and Oregon for school
Agree that it is an awful move on the A's part and I have liked mostly what they have done over the last year. Surprised by the White Sox, as this makes a solid rotation even better, but again where is their offense going to come from? Seems like a wasted move on their part, as they are far from contention IMO.

Their division is regressing. Tigers are a year older and probably not getting Scherzer back and the bullpen is still awful, Royals are losing shields and aren't making moves, Twins are the Twins, only team that got better is the Indians and they only got marginally better. With that pitching, plus a stopper at the back end and the addition of Duke, their offense just needs to be solid and they definitely will be contending in the Central.

AmishDave

Featured Contributor, Collector Showcase, Senior M
Sep 19, 2009
Ely, MN
See the Orioles turned down Gausman & Bundy for Matt Kemp. WTF are the Dodgers thinking asking for that, EVEN IF they are taking on a majority of Kemp's contract.

AmishDave

Featured Contributor, Collector Showcase, Senior M
Sep 19, 2009
Ely, MN
Miguel Montero to the Cubs, but other players haven't been revealed.

seitas

Aug 7, 2008
Looks like the giants are out on Lester. I think he's a fine pitcher but the giants money could be spent better elsewhere. The biggest red flag for me on Lester was that he has that weird mental block about throwing to bases. He hasn't thrown a pickoff attempt to first base in two seasons. That's weird. You might be able to hide that in the AL but in the NL where you're facing pitchers who often will bunt, that is a nightmare waiting to happen. I'd like the giants to go after McCarthy, he'll cost a fraction of Lester and would do well in SF's giant park. Maybe try to unload some prospects for Justin upton or even cespedes. I don't think the giants have one prospect that they love and they could unload the farm for a bat. Upton would be worth it.

aarne13

Oct 15, 2008
The Permian Basin
Delino Deshields Jr looks like someone who could stick with the team that picks him.
Edgar de la Rosa/Cody Martin might also get a shot. These are guys that could help the Jays.
There are plenty of big leaguers who have fallen off and one time prospects available. I don't think any of those will be picked.
Rule 5 picks have to stay on the big league roster for 90 days, then they could be sent down to minors.

Members online

Latest posts