Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

*******MORNING THREAD 9/3**************

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

clarkzac

Oct 31, 2010
Good morning all. Bert Blyleven called his last game for the Twins last night. He hasn't always been the best announcer, but I grew up with him calling games and just got used to it. Crazy to think he's done calling games now. He was signing autographs outside of the Metrodome my first Twins game back in 2001. Jumped in line and he signed my glove, which is now faded horribly.

clarkzac

Oct 31, 2010
Morning all! Congrats to those to were chosen for a Ben Baller box.

Definitely undecided on what to do with mine. I'm not sure I see the value in ripping it, but not sure if it will hold long term value either if sealed.

Dazed

Aug 7, 2008
East of KC MO
Morning all! Ready for a 3 day weekend! Need to make it through today & tomorrow first.

Happy retirement Bert Blyleven! A big fan of his when he was a player.
Blyleven Auto.jpg

clarkzac

Oct 31, 2010
Anybody have anything smart they want me to say to Pete Ricketts about the Cubs today haha

deaconblues63

Oct 25, 2012
Good morning all. Bert Blyleven called his last game for the Twins last night. He hasn't always been the best announcer, but I grew up with him calling games and just got used to it. Crazy to think he's done calling games now. He was signing autographs outside of the Metrodome my first Twins game back in 2001. Jumped in line and he signed my glove, which is now faded horribly.

That seems like odd timing to retire with the end of the season so close. Was any reason given for his retirement?

Sent from my iPhone using Freedom Card Board

clarkzac

Oct 31, 2010
That seems like odd timing to retire with the end of the season so close. Was any reason given for his retirement?

Sent from my iPhone using Freedom Card Board

He's kinda been pushed out lately. They've been rotating more and more former players through the booth and he was scheduled for 20-40 games originally this year, and then that was ultimately reduced once the season was shortened. Roy Smalley and Justin Morneau both do a great job in the booth though so I'm okay with those 2 rotating in and out with Dick Bremer

Members online