Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

MrMopar's New Dodgers Autograph Thread (and other interesting items on a slow mailday)

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

mrmopar

Jan 19, 2010
Garvey 1/1 art card (this is actually painted, not a print). This is my 3rd or 4th Garvey like this, always a tribute to a past Topps set (even a football set once). s-l500.jpg

Neuse. /25. Nothing like a Dodger blue card with A's patches in them. That is collecting in the modern era. s-l1600-1.jpg

mrmopar

Jan 19, 2010
Was pretty excited, despite it being a Panini card, to find the Torre. I was prepared to go at it hard, but feel I got a decent deal on it. I wasn't sure a Dodger card was possible, aside from one of those Archive buybacks, which would have been entirely fine (that is how I got Mattingly).

This brings me 1 closer to a certified Dodger card of every LA Dodger HOFer. Still short Marichal, Bunning & Wilhelm. Frank Robby is on a 5x7 Topps card, so would prefer a standard card sized one, but it is Topps certified, so it counts. That includes the coaches/managers/executives and broadcasters from this list:

Have planned ahead for Kershaw and Pujols. Will try to nab a Scherzer if one comes out and of course, I still need Betts in general and I don't think he had a Dodger auto anyway. He must have some contract that is preventing his signature from being made available. I hate that exclusive crap!

Torre.png

Garvey Clearly authentic. Couldn't remember if I had the base card yet. s-l1600-1.jpg

Pedro purple s-l1600-2.jpg

mrmopar

Jan 19, 2010
Ebay. In fact, if you figured that out and beat me out for the similar Oliver that recently ended, congrats!

mrmopar

Jan 19, 2010
Finally nabbed a plate with the artist signature. I assume with the numbering, this could be/is considered an Artist Proof. I can't find details on this issue right now, sure I have something buried away. 32/10,000 although I believe only the first 1,207 were signed originally. That was his consecutive games played streak length.

Garvey Plate 1.jpgGarvey Plate 2.jpg

Roebuck Heritage. Roebuck.jpg

Dodgerfan74

Oct 6, 2008
Finally nabbed a plate with the artist signature. I assume with the numbering, this could be/is considered an Artist Proof. I can't find details on this issue right now, sure I have something buried away. 32/10,000 although I believe only the first 1,207 were signed originally. That was his consecutive games played streak length.

View attachment 343767View attachment 343768

Roebuck Heritage. View attachment 343769

I go to thrift stores looking for plates like that. I only find Norman Rockwell stuff so far.
I like the Heritage

mrmopar

Jan 19, 2010
Pair of Pedros. s-l1600.jpgs-l1600-1.jpg

This is the kind of piece I really think hard about now, but it is a fun combo. I've actually grown to despise this type of card. Unlicensed, lacking player photos, ridiculous checklists with a slew of extremely low print run parallels. it's a money grab in the purest sense. As bad as the UD SP autograph set that was similar several years back. I remember watching someone making a go at building the entire set too! Guy was buying box after box, maybe by the case. There is definitely some craziness in all of us, some just amp it up much higher! Anyway, this one is numbered to 4 copies and features a mighty lineup. HOFers Snider, Campy, Mays, McCovey, Cepeda, Bonds (yep, calling him a HOFer and I don't care what you think about that!) and then Garvey & Cay? I collect Garvey, but he doesn't really belong on this card. He does belong in the HOF too, in my opinion, but he doesn't fit in with this crew. Oh well, still kind of cool. I do like the bat rack look, but damn, get some player images at least!

4 bat F.jpg4 BAT R.jpg

mrmopar

Jan 19, 2010
My other pick-ups seem to outshine my Dodger pick-ups these days, mainly because I have been collecting Dodgers my entire collectible "career". I have had decades to pick up Dodger stuff. Still, even though I don't find as much new, there are morsels here and there, but they are definitely newer and farther between.

That said, yesterdays adds are rather pedestrian to me.

Loduca /10. Loduca 10.jpg

Garvey Archives /21Garvey :21.jpg

mrmopar

Jan 19, 2010
Today brought a plethora of Garvey

Archives /25. Garvey :25.jpg

Diamond /25. Garvey Diamond Icon 25.jpg

Garvey/Cey Timeless Teams /150. Garv Cey.jpg

And a pair of Willie Randolph Archive base, only showing 1. Made an offer on 1 and then saw one cheaper BIN. Was hoping my offer would not be accepted, but it was. Oh well, never minded dupes. Randolph.jpg

mrmopar

Jan 19, 2010
Yesterdays mail, posted a day late. It snowed today and either I didn't get mail at all, it's late or I just didn't get anything to show. Tomorrow for today's mail, if I get any.

These have been painfully expensive, despite the serial numbers. Obviously a popular set, even for those who wouldn't normally buy Garvey otherwise. This is my 2nd one only and is /50. I couldn't touch any of the low serial number copies, which is unusual in itself. I think the other one I got might have been an unnumbered version, but don't recall now. Garvey Chrome 50.jpg

Instant run of Sutton, I believe. I didn't research it further, but the lot came with 1/1, /10, /25 and unnumbered base. If anyone familiar with this issue is aware of a parallel I don't have, please let me know and I may chase it down. Sutton 1-10-25.jpg

There rest are some vintage offerings, some oddball, some older off grade filler types. Showing it all just because it was otherwise slow Dodger mail day (quantity wise).

This is the highlight and my first, I think. Tattoo sheet. 1971 Topps. Richie "Dick" Allen representing the blue! Tattoo Sheet Allen.jpg

Sutton Candy Lid. Another oddball I don't have many copies of. Sutton Lid.jpg

53B Dressen. Definitely one of the sharper oldies. Dressen 53B.jpg

61 W. Davis RC. Cheap, but a cool card none the less. W Davis.jpg

51T Blue Back Edwards, beater. Edwards.jpg

40 PB Tamulis Beater. Tamulis.jpg

mrmopar

Jan 19, 2010
Pretty big day to start off December!

Cox and Dressen. Not sure I can really call these certified cards. They are "pack" certified cuts, but they are also big! The "card" is a little bigger than a 3x5. Still, nice to have.
Cox.pngDressen.png
For having died in 1966, Dressen isn't too hard to find. Cox died in 1978.

Labine, Newcombe & Podres 54-56 Topps cards design certified autos.Podres 54.jpglabine 55.jpg pODRES 55.jpgNewk 56.png

This guy is pretty much a given HOFer now. D Baker GOTG.jpg

Sax. Sax.jpg

Finally, a Wallach that has been removed from it's factory original Archives case. /15 I don't like when this happens, but when it does, its a good card type to be freed, with the Topps certification right on the card instead of the holder.Wallach 15.jpg

Finally, got one of these. Pepiot.png

mrmopar

Jan 19, 2010
I was happy to find this and then have seller accept a pretty low offer (compared to what the BIN was). The postcards are not super easy to begin with, then a near signed (32) PC lot. Outstanding! Ony Cesar Cedeno and Terry Whitfield are unsigned

1.jpg2.jpg3.jpg4.jpg5.jpg
6.jpgs-l1600-1.jpgs-l1600.jpg8.jpg

Then my other Pepiot showed up too. Pepiot PWE.jpg

mrmopar

Jan 19, 2010
Monday sized haul today...

Garvey Heritage Red /72. The scan makes it looked washed out, but it's crisp. Garvey Red Heritage.jpg

TOTT /25. Garvey TOTT 25.jpg

A pair of Duke's #'d each to 3. Snider LAD 3.jpgSnider Fox 3.jpg

Russell Martin. R Martin.jpg

Eddys Leonard Minor League Heritage E Leonard.jpg

Culbertson IP/TTM. Culbertson.jpg

Russ Mitchell IP/TTM. R Mitchell.png

Kahnle. TTM/IP. Some minor league sets really are pretty decent looking and sometimes feature some nice action shots that really make them stand out.Kahnle.jpg

This is one I'll feature here, as Lima was a Dodger briefly. Redeemed (the hole punch tells me this)redemption card that I can mate with the actual signature card, which I believe I already have. lima.jpg

One more item, so a new post...

Members online

Latest posts