Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

MrMopar's New Dodgers Autograph Thread (and other interesting items on a slow mailday)

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

mrmopar

Jan 19, 2010
Billy Buckner. The guy was a pretty decent hitter in his prime. By the end, he seems to only be remembered for his worn out knees and the ground ball. If he won't ever reach the HOF, which seems very unlikely, his moustache and eye brows should be!

s-l1600-7.jpg

How many knew he had a brother in baseball with an equally impressive stache?! Jim-Buckner.jpgJim-Buckner-1.jpg

These Expos were both Dodgers later in their careers. Brooks and DeShields. s-l1600-1.jpgCincidentally, both were memebers of the Topps All-Rookie Team. Brooks just got cheated when Topps stopped designated the award with a trophy on their card. His 1982 Topps would have had the trophy, along with teammate Mookie Wilson and Expos Tim Raines and Tim Wallach (because we are talking Expos). s-l1600-3.jpg

mrmopar

Jan 19, 2010
Back when I was more passionate about the serial numbers, this would have been a must win at all costs (within reason). Now, when I bought it, I didn't even notice this was 66/100. 66 or 60 was the beck fallback or additional to any 6/xx. These Donruss parallels were hard to find at the time. Lots of spirited bidding. I missed a few and will probably never see them now. I think I have the 100 parallel already, but it was an OK price and 66, so worth it. s-l1600-2.jpg

62 Salada Willie Davis. s-l1600-4.jpg

This one is a filler for a card that will probably never appear. Jim Bunning played very briefly with the Dodgers near the end of his career. He has since passed away. I would really like a Dodger certified auto of his. The only way now is probably a cut . This is the next best thing. It's a Leaf with no team and logos. One instance where lack of logo is a good thing. Great action shot, although clearly not a Dodger uniform. It is /5 so this is my "Dodger" certified Bunning now.
s-l1600.jpg

abide

Apr 29, 2021
at my LCS with a sticker of $500, I spotted this
2006 Ultimate Collections - Ensemble Collection triple auto
Garvey /Cey / Maurey Wills - SN 7/15 slabbed BGS 8.5 [10 autos]
I'm sure you already have it, since you seem to have just about everything,
but I thought of you, and thought I'd let you know, just in case

mrmopar

Jan 19, 2010
at my LCS with a sticker of $500, I spotted this
2006 Ultimate Collections - Ensemble Collection triple auto
Garvey /Cey / Maurey Wills - SN 7/15 slabbed BGS 8.5 [10 autos]
I'm sure you already have it, since you seem to have just about everything,
but I thought of you, and thought I'd let you know, just in case
I appreciate the thought and yes, I do have it. I think it will probably sit in that shop forever at that price. 3 decent guys with very little HOF potential for $500! That is pretty funny. That should probably be a $75 card at best, although that could be argued as Wills Pre-Death pricing and give it a tiny bump to $100. You never know though...

mrmopar

Jan 19, 2010
I chased this with some caution. I really hate that we have to doubt the authenticity of older stuff. I suspect this may have been a hold back for replacements. It definitely should have been serialized. The seller says 10. I don't recall off the top of my head. When I put it away, I will verify. The patches are exceptional, which further leads to my hesitancy. There is a /5 version with double prime GU for each player and I had not seen a tag for Garvey, so why does a /10 get one? This cost me big $ too.
s-l1600.jpg

Another oldie. These have pretty much dried up. Surprised I got it for no competition, unless I made an offer on it that I have already forgotten about. It's /10. I hoarded this set pretty good at the time, so I probably have a good portion of the print runs of many of the low print sets. Some I was as close as 1 from sweeping, so I like to see these pop up now and again. 10.jpg

Garvey /50 from 2021 and /150 from 2022. Piecing these together as the prices dropped across the board somewhat. 21-50.jpg22-150.jpg

Lastly, a dupe Sutton Au /50. 50.jpg

mrmopar

Jan 19, 2010
I am double dipping with this, posted it in the Vintage P/U thread, but he belongs in the Dodger thread too!

Jake Daubert 1909 Colgan Chip Disc. s-l500.jpgs-l500-1.jpg

Chris Anderson, one of those guys that has a TON of Dodger certified autographs. Never played a single game for the big club or even at the MLB level. This one is /5. Anderson.jpg

Tony G. He had a great year in 2022, his first AS appearance and he ended up 16-1, lead the league with a .941 win pct. Oh yeah, he had a 2.14 era to boot (and still didn't win that ERA title as teammate Urias did with a 2.16, assume he didn't have enough IP?) (EDIT: Yes, a Pitcher needs 1 IP per team game played, so TG needed at least 162 IP to qualify) with 119 Ks in 130 innings of work. I hope is wasn't a fluke, although his career ERA is 2.51 after 4 seasons. This is a great SC image and numbered to /50. Gon 50.jpg

mrmopar

Jan 19, 2010
Crawford.pngLasorda.pngLacy.pngRau.pngBurright.png
Kosco.pngRosscup.jpg

Unknown to me before seeing, some additional Coke appearance cards. This kind of stuff is the best! Coke Dodgers.jpg

Pepsi Willie Davis ad from 1972. Davis Pepsi.jpg

A lot of 5 of these. I would love to somehow create a unique designation for these. They are team issued (sold through mail order and at concession stands at the stadium), 8x10 photos on a semi rigid cardboard, about the same or maybe slightly thinner than a card, but definitely thicker than a photo paper 8x10. These are a bear to find, because Dodger 8x10 is too generic! I am trying to catalog as many different poses and variations as I can find. Dodgers 8x10.jpg

Dodgerfan74

Oct 6, 2008

mrmopar

Jan 19, 2010
What kind of holder do you use for the round Carousel card?
I just put them in 4 pocket pages. The seller sent it in a larger toploader that would hold those 80s Donruss action AS, postcards, and other larger cards that fit in 4 pocket pages.

mrmopar

Jan 19, 2010
AO /10. Oliver.png

Podres. Podres.jpg

79 Mail oRDER BROCHURE/CATALOG. lots of great info in these for Dodger concession items, just not quite detailed enough for my liking. Goodman stocked up on that stuff though, because we was still selling 60s stuff in 79 for peanuts!

s-l1600.jpg

mrmopar

Jan 19, 2010
No autos today, but do still need Bruihl auto. I should probably try to do a TTM, since the only one I have seen hiy ebay so far went unsold at $25. Imagine that. Thought I would pick up a press plate, as its been a while since I bought one.

s-l1600-1.jpg

mrmopar

Jan 19, 2010
Joey! /25. Man that guy struck out a lot during his Dodger tenure. 57K in 117 AB! He practically strikes out every other AB across his career. He's sporting a career .199 now as well. maybe it's time to rename the Mendoza line to the Gallo line!

s-l1600.jpg

mrmopar

Jan 19, 2010
A few Garvey items, as those are coming fewer and further between with all the autos I have been chasing lately.

Clearly /75Garv 75.jpg/200 Garv 200.jpg.

Full box with noodles still inside. It was cheap, but the shipper used a box just big enough and it was munched a little. Not enough cost or damage to really worry about, but I even reached out ahead of time and expressed my concerns shipping a full box these days. Finding
conscientious packers is a lost art and the USPS doesn't do us any favors either. Garv Clemens Kraft.jpg

AO /5. Oliver 5.jpg. Loretta /10. lORETTA 10.jpg. Buehler. Buehler.jpg

Members online

Latest posts