Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

My Family Collection - Dave Nicholson - VERY SCAN HEAVY

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ChasHawk

Sep 4, 2008
Belvidere, Illinois
George_Calfas said:
Charlie; great stuff and great family history.
MojoDan said:
Wow that glove is cool!
gvsu96 said:
Nice Charlie.
Thanks guys! It was great getting to spend time with him for the first time in a while.

rookieaddict said:
All of that is incredibly cool to me, and I don't even have a connection to the guy. Does he ever point out that he was better than Mantle? :D
:lol:

TomMurry

Jan 30, 2010
Eastern PA
Things like this really surpass the "thats pretty cool" category. The variety, the quantity, not to mention the family tie. Its quite impressive.

69MetsFan

Oct 20, 2008
Panama City, Florida
I just looked through the entire thread again and was just as impressed as I was the first time. :shock:
I noticed one of the players who was holding the stretcher after Mr. Nicholson got beaned was Al Weis, who played second base for the '69 Mets. I have an autographed ball and '69 Topps card so there's our 4 degrees of separation. :D
Here's the card he signed and returned, in a very short time, too:
001-4.jpg

pghbuccos

Aug 7, 2008
PixBurgh
very cool new additions to the thread. the glove and ball are great mementos of his career for him to keep. the bats he gave you are pretty awesome as well. especially the game model.

thanks for sharing your collection again Charlie.

jdk16

Mar 29, 2011
AWESOME STORY MAN GLAD TO SEE YOU KEEPING THE FAMILY HISTORY ALIVE!
PRETTY COOL SOUNDS LIKE YOUR GRANDFATHER WAS THE 1ST BIG SUPER PROSPECT.. REALLY COOL STORY AND PICTURES
TYVM FOR SHARING

klute14

Dec 4, 2008
Maine
Charlie-

Unbelievable pedigree! The completeness of your collection is amazing.
You will always have something to cherish and pass on to your daughter.
Truly remarkable items.

Aside from the everything that is presented here, I would be remiss if I didn't notice that Bobby Ojeda of my beloved Red Sox gave up 3 roof shots in Comiskey in a matter of 1 year!

ChasHawk

Sep 4, 2008
Belvidere, Illinois
Finally got around to cleaning/organizing my garage yesterday, and found some old photos... :)

OldTimersGameresize.jpg

I believe this is from Old Timer's Day before the 1983 All-Star game...I'll have to check with him and see for sure.

I was 4 at the time, so I'm fairly certain thats what it is... :lol:

Todd44

Nov 25, 2008
My grandfather was a prospector back in the 50s and made a ton off selling your grandpa's rookie cards. j/k of course

my fav from the scrapbook scans was the autograph signed: "To Mom, with love" and then of course signed Dave Nicholson... Kinda funny, seeing it signed with his full name, after it was "To mom..."

ChasHawk

Sep 4, 2008
Belvidere, Illinois
Todd44 said:
My grandfather was a prospector back in the 50s and made a ton off selling your grandpa's rookie cards. j/k of course

my fav from the scrapbook scans was the autograph signed: "To Mom, with love" and then of course signed Dave Nicholson... Kinda funny, seeing it signed with his full name, after it was "To mom..."
Always thought that was kinda funny too... :lol:

ChasHawk

Sep 4, 2008
Belvidere, Illinois
Somehow managed to forget about this thread, so I decided to update today with everything I've picked up this year...:)

1966AstrosTeamIssue20DaveNicholson.jpg
1987AstrosShootingStars-SeriesTwo11DaveNicholson.jpg

1966 Astros Team Issue & 1987 Astros Shooting Stars Series 2

2012ToppsHeritage1963Buybacks234DaveNicholson.jpg
2012ToppsHeritage1963Buybacks234DaveNicholsonCopy2.jpg
2012ToppsHeritage1963Buybacks234DaveNicholsonCopy3.jpg

2012ToppsHeritage1963Buybacks234DaveNicholsonCopy4.jpg
2012ToppsHeritage1963Buybacks234DaveNicholsonCopy5.jpg

And just got this 4x6 in today...
HoustonSigned4x6.jpg