Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

My FCG BGS Submission Experience....

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Status
Not open for further replies.

jcmint

Super Moderator
Aug 7, 2008
Gilmo you will never be able to please the masses. I know what is involved in these subs. I would keep it shorter and sweeter. 50 different people is too much. You should cap the number of people and do it monthly.

UMich92

Sep 18, 2008
I see no problems with the OP relating his story to the unwashed masses. It sounds like the 1st FCB group submission was a qualified success. As Chris mentioned, this was like Beta testing. As a possible future submitter, it was good to hear the many positives and also the few negatives.

Alex

mredsox89

Aug 29, 2008
Miami/Boston
I think it would be easier and more manageable if Chris did bi-monthly submissions. Cap it at a certain number of submissions or cards for each submission. Chris would get orders returned to him every other week, but they would be small enough that it would probably be manageable. Maybe just not having it be 600 cards will fix the problems though, I guess we will find out

justinmandawg

Aug 7, 2008
Kansas City
You people act like this is his friggin job. He's doing a favor and you continue to bitch, moan and want more more more.

Chris just do it like others do and let a few people in and cut everyone else out. Screw em'.

Of course Chris isn't the kind of guy to ask from people what should be expected from them when they are getting what turns out to be a gift.

Oh and Chris is married and has a job outside of this board. I'm sure he wants to stay married and employed.

Wes

OG
Administrator
AndruwHRJones said:
phillyfan0417 said:
No good deed goes unpunished.

You're intention wasnt to tell the "truth", your intention was a calling him out. The idea you would even mention the fear of being scammed on ANDRUW JONES cards is actually laughable. I think there would be about 575 cards I'd scam first from that sub.

Who ever said I was being scammed out of a card? Maybe by another board member looking to make a profit on an extra card they received, but I never said Chris tried to scam me? I don't know the other 50-60 members who subbed, should I automatically trust them all? I TRUSTED Chris with my cards, CHRIS only. That is why they were sent to him.

And just because you are not an Andruw Jones collector does not make my collection any less valuable than yours? So in your eyes, any cards that are deemed unworthy of collecting should be given the least attention and if you receive them, so be it? What an idiot!!

As for me calling Chris out, yes, I guess you can say that. But I am not lying about anything and feel people should know the truth about MY EXPERIENCE WITH THIS submission. Why should all of these mistakes and organizational issues be swept under the carpet so that future people don't know the truth? I feel it is only right that people know what they are possibly dealing with.

With all that said, Chris had a number of opportunities to explain to me what happened to my card before I posted this. He had the opportunity when he noticed my card was not sent initially, being an Andruw Jones card and only two people submitted them, I find it hard to believe he couldn't locate who it belonged to. He also could have mentioned it me when he packaged up my cards to sent out. Which I will add I only had 8 cards, so I don't know how if Chris actually looked at my list, gave me 7 of my cards and gave me one of Fandruw25's cards. And let me remind you that we received our cards yesterday, days after most of the order had already been shipped. So the excuse that a huge order was the problem I am not buying. How many cards could he have possibly had left to send that he couldn't look at a list of 8 cards and tell that something was wrong?

As for the people that had a great experience, I don't mind them posting their experiences. They are also telling the truth and most of their experiences HAVE been heard in various threads. I should be able to tell mine as well without people making me sound like I deserved it or I am being too harsh.

Yes actually it does.

In all seriousness though the idea that you even have scam on the mind is ridiculous.

mchenrycards

Featured Contributor, Vintage Corner, Senior Membe
justinmandawg said:
You people act like this is his friggin job. He's doing a favor and you continue to bitch, moan and want more more more.

Chris just do it like others do and let a few people in and cut everyone else out. Screw em'.

Of course Chris isn't the kind of guy to ask from people what should be expected from them when they are getting what turns out to be a gift.

Oh and Chris is married and has a job outside of this board. I'm sure he wants to stay married and employed.

Many of us have offered constructive suggestions in making the submissions better. Why does everyone need to come on and defend Chris with anger towards others who dare offer thoughts or ideas...or even critisism of the process. We know Chris has a friggin job and that he has a wife and life outside of the boards. I believe he is a grown man and has defended himself admirably. So if Chris is not overracting why are you?

Nobody has personally attacked him and by his own admission things could have been a whole lot better but that does not mean he is not appreciated for what he has done for the board. Trust us...we all understand. SO maybe you should just let people speak their mind and dont worry about defending Chris. We all respect him and I am sure he can speak for himself if he feels the need to.

I, for one will give him the benefit of the doubt and certainly will submit again in the future. Just back off with the anger towards anyone just simply asking questions.

justinmandawg

Aug 7, 2008
Kansas City
mchenrycards said:
justinmandawg said:

Many of us have offered constructive suggestions in making the submissions better. Why does everyone need to come on and defend Chris with anger towards others who dare offer thoughts or ideas...or even critisism of the process. We know Chris has a friggin job and that he has a wife and life outside of the boards. I believe he is a grown man and has defended himself admirably. So if Chris is not overracting why are you?

Nobody has personally attacked him and by his own admission things could have been a whole lot better but that does not mean he is not appreciated for what he has done for the board. Trust us...we all understand. SO maybe you should just let people speak their mind and dont worry about defending Chris. We all respect him and I am sure he can speak for himself if he feels the need to.

I, for one will give him the benefit of the doubt and certainly will submit again in the future. Just back off with the anger towards anyone just simply asking questions.

I get it, you can have your opinion but I can't have mine. I'm not supposed to speak my mind because I'm not offering "constructive criticism".

How I want to respond is up to me. Chris isn't going to get pissed or go off because of this board. It's his project. If he goes off on the complainers, they leave. So he has to smooth it over and worry about what people think. I however don't give a ****.

Back off with the telling people what actions they should take and emotions they should have.

AndruwHRJones

Aug 9, 2008
LLWesMan said:
AndruwHRJones said:
phillyfan0417 said:
No good deed goes unpunished.

You're intention wasnt to tell the "truth", your intention was a calling him out. The idea you would even mention the fear of being scammed on ANDRUW JONES cards is actually laughable. I think there would be about 575 cards I'd scam first from that sub.

Who ever said I was being scammed out of a card? Maybe by another board member looking to make a profit on an extra card they received, but I never said Chris tried to scam me? I don't know the other 50-60 members who subbed, should I automatically trust them all? I TRUSTED Chris with my cards, CHRIS only. That is why they were sent to him.

And just because you are not an Andruw Jones collector does not make my collection any less valuable than yours? So in your eyes, any cards that are deemed unworthy of collecting should be given the least attention and if you receive them, so be it? What an idiot!!

As for me calling Chris out, yes, I guess you can say that. But I am not lying about anything and feel people should know the truth about MY EXPERIENCE WITH THIS submission. Why should all of these mistakes and organizational issues be swept under the carpet so that future people don't know the truth? I feel it is only right that people know what they are possibly dealing with.

With all that said, Chris had a number of opportunities to explain to me what happened to my card before I posted this. He had the opportunity when he noticed my card was not sent initially, being an Andruw Jones card and only two people submitted them, I find it hard to believe he couldn't locate who it belonged to. He also could have mentioned it me when he packaged up my cards to sent out. Which I will add I only had 8 cards, so I don't know how if Chris actually looked at my list, gave me 7 of my cards and gave me one of Fandruw25's cards. And let me remind you that we received our cards yesterday, days after most of the order had already been shipped. So the excuse that a huge order was the problem I am not buying. How many cards could he have possibly had left to send that he couldn't look at a list of 8 cards and tell that something was wrong?

As for the people that had a great experience, I don't mind them posting their experiences. They are also telling the truth and most of their experiences HAVE been heard in various threads. I should be able to tell mine as well without people making me sound like I deserved it or I am being too harsh.

Yes actually it does.

In all seriousness though the idea that you even have scam on the mind is ridiculous.

When you learn to read properly, come back and comment. I have not once accused Chris of scamming me. All of my comments have been based on how the submission was handled.

AndruwHRJones

Aug 9, 2008
justinmandawg said:

When you take on the responsibility of something like this, it somewhat becomes his job. It is not like he can just decide not to go through with the submission once it was started.

What exactly is wanting more more more?? By this, do you mean ALL of my cards returned to me in a timely manner without having to worry about them being sent to someone else in error and possibly losing my card? Hell, all I am asking for is better communication and better organization from him.

justinmandawg

Aug 7, 2008
Kansas City
AndruwHRJones said:
justinmandawg said:

When you take on the responsibility of something like this, it somewhat becomes his job. It is not like he can just decide not to go through with the submission once it was started.

What exactly is wanting more more more?? By this, do you mean ALL of my cards returned to me in a timely manner without having to worry about them being sent to someone else in error and possibly losing my card? Hell, all I am asking for is better communication and better organization from him.

People asking for biweekly submissions.

He screws up and people get free submissions. A great way for people to say someone messes up when they do not.

hofmichael

Sep 19, 2008
Albany,NY
Dude I understand your fustrations but to bash the guy is a little uncalled for.After all he was doing a favor for people.Mistakes happen and people are only human.He apologized and promised he would make it right.He can't do much more.Once again I do understand why you are pissed but take the situation into perspective.Also kudos to you for sending FAndruw back his card some folks wouldn't have done this unfortunately.
Mike

AndruwHRJones

Aug 9, 2008
mredsox89 said:
I just think this should have been kept through PM. I think that is why people are aggravated.

Why? So everyone thinks this whole submission went off without a hitch? That way Chris can have another 600 card submission and have the same issues. Maybe the next time someone actually does lose a card of value?

If anything else, I hope Chris decides to be more organized with future submissions. With 600 cards being submitted and who knows what dollar amount those cards are worth, I think Chris should have been WAY more organized.

Apparently it will take a lost card of value before anyone will bother to hold Chris accountable.

I have said what I needed to, Chris can lock this any time he chooses.

mchenrycards

Featured Contributor, Vintage Corner, Senior Membe
justinmandawg said:
mchenrycards said:
justinmandawg said:

I get it, you can have your opinion but I can't have mine. I'm not supposed to speak my mind because I'm not offering "constructive criticism".

How I want to respond is up to me. Chris isn't going to get pissed or go off because of this board. It's his project. If he goes off on the complainers, they leave. So he has to smooth it over and worry about what people think. I however don't give a shat.

Back off with the telling people what actions they should take and emotions they should have.

you have your opinion and I have mine just like you said. But we are trying to straighten an issue out here and bitching at people who raise concerns gets a little old. My point was we know Chris is busy....We know he didnt have to do this. Now quit telling me what emotions I should have

Edited to say.. Thanks Justinboydog for the PM I received from you. It shows your true mastery of the English language!! :)

Musial Collector

Aug 7, 2008
Besides being friends, Justin is backing Chris like this because Chris went to bat for Justin when Justin ****** up the Oval Office breaks. To each their own. Chris is a good guy, there is no doubting that. He has done many a good thing for this board. There really was no reason for the OP to come off like this, but again, to each their own. For those of you questioning whether or not you should submit with Chris in the future, I would say yes 100%.

cgilmo

Administrator
Aug 6, 2008
Alpharetta, Georgia, United States
AndruwHRJones said:
mredsox89 said:
I just think this should have been kept through PM. I think that is why people are aggravated.

Why? So everyone thinks this whole submission went off without a hitch? That way Chris can have another 600 card submission and have the same issues. Maybe the next time someone actually does lose a card of value?

If anything else, I hope Chris decides to be more organized with future submissions. With 600 cards being submitted and who knows what dollar amount those cards are worth, I think Chris should have been WAY more organized.

Apparently it will take a lost card of value before anyone will bother to hold Chris accountable.

I have said what I needed to, Chris can lock this any time he chooses.

i was waiting on you to say that :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest posts