Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

My HOF PC as of late...pinstripes, on card autos and more!!!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

shanks25

Aug 7, 2008
Awesome stuff, Alex.......you know how much HOF GU means to me!

Those are some incredible cards. I like how you don't go after just any card of a HOFer but you go after the real nice versions.......like the Mays auto, Koufax auto...just amazing cards!

Nice pickup on the Ruth but that card has always bugged me for some reason. I think the photo is really off and doesn't really look like the Babe at all. A Ruth GU is a Ruth GU though....

Be8el0ve

Aug 7, 2008
New Jersey
chashawk said:
great stuff Alex!!!

wasabi - the Jeter is a 2010 UD case hit Exquisite card.

Nice mix Alex. The info provided above is wrong. These Jeter autos were given to UD Diamond Club members and were not available in any UD product.

ChasHawk

Sep 4, 2008
Belvidere, Illinois
Be8el0ve said:
chashawk said:
great stuff Alex!!!

Nice mix Alex. The info provided above is wrong. These Jeter autos were given to UD Diamond Club members and were not available in any UD product.
interesting. did they put any kind of wording on them? I just assumed it was part of the regular Exquisite set. maybe it was going to be?

metallicalex777

Super Moderator
Aug 7, 2008
Seattle, Wa
Chris - Thanks man...that says A TON!!!! Which Ruth are you thinking of?? I LOVE the jersey swatch on the pinstripe Limited one...but the foil does make it lose a bit of the "legends" look. I wanted the sweet stripe though so I was able to appreciate the card for that and for its popularity with set collectors. I absolutely LOVE the look of the KD one...just wish it was jersey instead of pants but atleast I now have the trifecta of game used for him ;) :cool:

Nelson - Thanks for the info! I noticed that from the back of the card as well. So was it something like it was issued to UD customers that spent X amount of money to them or something or just the luck of the draw? I see you already have one ;) I also noticed you talked about Mike (wicked) building an Exquisite set...is it safe to assume he already has this one as well??

Charlie - When I picked up the card I was also under the impression about it being one of the redemptions. It wasn't until I scanned the back to realize the wording...also put into perspective how often I read backs of cards these days ::facepalm:: :lol:

shanks25

Aug 7, 2008
Talkin bout the Diamond Kings GU. It's a beautiful layout and design but the picture of Ruth bugs the crap out of me. Looks like a 12 year old boy.

Pinbreaker

Aug 7, 2008
Laguna Niguel, CA
chashawk said:
Be8el0ve said:
chashawk said:
great stuff Alex!!!

interesting. did they put any kind of wording on them? I just assumed it was part of the regular Exquisite set. maybe it was going to be?

When he got the card, he showed the back,,

I had commented that it was from a giveaway to the big whales that UD allow in thier Diamond Club.. You have to drop some coin to join.. like the whales in vegas.. they get free stuff, but when you are dropping a few million a year there, you get free stuff so you don't feel like you got too hosed..

metallicalex777

Super Moderator
Aug 7, 2008
Seattle, Wa
Chris - He does have a bit of a baby face...maybe thats where "Baby Ruth" comes into play ::facepalm:: :lol:

Kevin - Thanks for the knowledge earlier man!!! You know that Maris cut would look good over here ;)

Dave - Thanks a ton dude!!! I hope you are finding time to rock on with the guitar yourself lately ;)

thegreathambino

Jan 17, 2009
not only the luckiest pack/box opener on the boards... but you also have a sick pc. Keep it up Alex hope all is well!
Avery

metallicalex777

Super Moderator
Aug 7, 2008
Seattle, Wa
thegreathambino said:
not only the luckiest pack/box opener on the boards... but you also have a sick pc. Keep it up Alex hope all is well!
Avery

Thanks Avery!!! Now if there is something you and I can work out for that triple patch of yours I try for every once in awhil e ;)

Matsuicollector

Aug 7, 2008
I believe I saw you at the Factoria Mall Show...You were attempting to get the UD Black Felix auto/patch from one of the dealers. If not, then someone else was carrying around your Felix Logo patch :lol:

Also, is that where you picked up the Koufax? I saw it there and was tempted but passed. How much did it set you back? When I checked he was looking for $220 on if if it's the same guy.

metallicalex777

Super Moderator
Aug 7, 2008
Seattle, Wa
Matsuicollector said:
I believe I saw you at the Factoria Mall Show...You were attempting to get the UD Black Felix auto/patch from one of the dealers. If not, then someone else was carrying around your Felix Logo patch :lol:

Also, is that where you picked up the Koufax? I saw it there and was tempted but passed. How much did it set you back? When I checked he was looking for $220 on if if it's the same guy.

:lol: :lol: :lol: That was definitely me!!! I've been trying to trade for that Felix for years now. He is a REALLY nice guy but he has tons of cash and loves to break stuff so money is no thing for that dude. He is asking BIG money for it and I even offered my Derek Jeter on card auto or the Babe Ruth Diamond Kings dual pants/bat and he had no wants for those :( Sadly I would give up one of those two cards for that amazing piece. As for the Koufax, yep...picked it up from Steve (small beanie babies table and a table full of baseball and football cards. We will just say I got him under the $220 mark :cool: Where were you at?? I keep forgetting you are local...did you have a table or just stopping by??

EDIT: Only reason why I bring the Felix is so I can show them what other stuff the item I am trying to get would look great NEXT to ;) I also brought my Hank and Willie autos for that reason...I think that is what helped drop the price on the Koufax. He knows its for PC and not to flip if that made any difference :cool:

Matsuicollector

Aug 7, 2008
metallicalex777 said:
Matsuicollector said:

:lol: :lol: :lol: That was definitely me!!! I've been trying to trade for that Felix for years now. He is a REALLY nice guy but he has tons of cash and loves to break stuff so money is no thing for that dude. He is asking BIG money for it and I even offered my Derek Jeter on card auto or the Babe Ruth Diamond Kings dual pants/bat and he had no wants for those :( Sadly I would give up one of those two cards for that amazing piece. As for the Koufax, yep...picked it up from Steve (small beanie babies table and a table full of baseball and football cards. We will just say I got him under the $220 mark :cool: Where were you at?? I keep forgetting you are local...did you have a table or just stopping by??

EDIT: Only reason why I bring the Felix is so I can show them what other stuff the item I am trying to get would look great NEXT to ;) I also brought my Hank and Willie autos for that reason...I think that is what helped drop the price on the Koufax. He knows its for PC and not to flip if that made any difference :cool:

I just stopped by. I was actually standing right next to you browsing his inventory for Posada cards. Bought a Jeter 03 SP RC from him on the last show. Must have remembered me cause I pulled a 08 Posada black /25 from his $1 box and he just let gave it to me. Definitely a nice guy. Picked up a few things: Montero Sterling Auto/jsy RC, A-rod 94 SP RC, Ivan Nova Topps Chrome RC, 08 Contenders Mike Jones auto RC, 08 Bowman gold Montero RC, 02 BC Swisher RC, and a few other small things for my PC all for under $80. Nothing major. Wish I could have landed that Koufax though. But I'm sure you got the "regular" discount. :lol: Only been to the last two shows.

metallicalex777

Super Moderator
Aug 7, 2008
Seattle, Wa
Matsuicollector said:
metallicalex777 said:
Matsuicollector said:

I just stopped by. I was actually standing right next to you browsing his inventory for Posada cards. Bought a Jeter 03 SP RC from him on the last show. Must have remembered me cause I pulled a 08 Posada black /25 from his $1 box and he just let gave it to me. Definitely a nice guy. Picked up a few things: Montero Sterling Auto/jsy RC, A-rod 94 SP RC, Ivan Nova Topps Chrome RC, 08 Contenders Mike Jones auto RC, 08 Bowman gold Montero RC, 02 BC Swisher RC, and a few other small things for my PC all for under $80. Nothing major. Wish I could have landed that Koufax though. But I'm sure you got the "regular" discount. :lol: Only been to the last two shows.

Very cool pickups!!! Next show I go to I'll send you a PM and we should meet up for the heck of it. There are a couple other local FCBers that I run into on a decently regular basis :)

Matsuicollector

Aug 7, 2008
metallicalex777 said:
Matsuicollector said:
metallicalex777 said:
Matsuicollector said:

Very cool pickups!!! Next show I go to I'll send you a PM and we should meet up for the heck of it. There are a couple other local FCBers that I run into on a decently regular basis :)

Sure, why not. I'm actually moving back to Hawaii for med school in July, so I unfortunately won't be here much longer.

metallicalex777

Super Moderator
Aug 7, 2008
Seattle, Wa
Matsuicollector said:
metallicalex777 said:
Matsuicollector said:
metallicalex777 said:
Matsuicollector said:

Sure, why not. I'm actually moving back to Hawaii for med school in July, so I unfortunately won't be here much longer.

Wow congrats man!!!

Matsuicollector

Aug 7, 2008
Pinbreaker said:
I see that May 7th is the next show that I would probably go to..

Unless we get a local group get together somewhere in the federal way area..

Would this be a Meridian Park show?

And thanks Alex. Excited I got in but I'm actually going to miss being in Seattle. Had a good 4 years here of college and the year off I'm taking has also been nice.

Members online