Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

my lcs and bowman price

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

darkman

Aug 7, 2008
I was in the mood to bust some bowman so I call up my lcs and am quoted $95 for a hobby box.. I'm not touching it for that price but why are lcs so expensive? is it because of the convienance? its nuts

bmc398

May 25, 2009
darkman said:
I was in the mood to bust some bowman so I call up my lcs and am quoted $95 for a hobby box.. I'm not touching it for that price but why are lcs so expensive? is it because of the convienance? its nuts
You'd have a hard time finding it cheaper anywhere else right now honestly...

Sly

Aug 7, 2008
darkman said:

Because LCS's have much higher overhead, so they have to charge higher costs on their products. It could also be that your LCS was late to ordering it, so he paid a higher cost for it.

I don't think it's "nuts", in fact, I'd be shocked if this isn't the norm at the moment and Excel_b's experience is probably the exception. I'd put money that my local shop right now is at $89-99 for a hobby box.

jswaykos

Dec 10, 2009
San Diego, CA
I guess just because they can't sell at the volume of the online retailers? I wish my LCS was Atlanta Sports Cards :)

I'm heading to my shop today - they tend to be quick to increase prices, slow to adjust down. I'm curious to see what '10 Bowman is going for, if they still have any. In the mean time, I'm going to continue picking up 09 Bowman on the cheap... $5 for a jumbo pack!

jjj7880

Aug 7, 2008
My shop is at $74.99 for hobby and $121 for Jumbo but I get a discount for being a club card member so it is around $115 for Jumbo.

stu

Jan 24, 2010
The local owner said his cost to restock the Jumbo was $135. Markup would put that around $150-160.

Old Kentucky Shark

Aug 7, 2008
Kansas
As a shop owner (I just enjoy saying that :) ) I can tell you that I paid quite a bit more mor my second wave of Bowman jumbos coming today. I sold out at $110 on Wednesday. I still have one box of foil at $70 and have two more coming that I preordered.

boomo

Sep 14, 2008
the math that doesn't make sense to me is that the singles plummet and the boxes go up.
stepping over dimes to pick up nickels. i bet jumbos will be 175 in white plains.

bmc398

May 25, 2009
boomo said:
the math that doesn't make sense to me is that the singles plummet and the boxes go up.
stepping over dimes to pick up nickels. i bet jumbos will be 175 in white plains.
Said this in the other price thread and agree 100%.

Best time to pick up singles will be in the next 2 weeks, when everybody is selling to try to make back anything they can off of the $200 they spent for a box.

All The Hype

Aug 7, 2008
Indianapolis
It's simple supply and demand--demand is high right now and supply hasn't changed (overall it's lower, but not to the point where it is difficult to find), so the price moves up. It will continue to move up until people stop buying boxes. Once retailers realize they are unable to move boxes at their higher prices, they will slowly creep back down until they are back in range for buyers.

jswaykos

Dec 10, 2009
San Diego, CA
Just got back from the LCS... totally forgot to check into Bowman boxes, but hobby packs were priced at $4, Jumbo was priced at $14. I picked up a hobby pack, just to say I was there! I'll rip it tonight :)

There was a deal for buying multiple packs of either, making the packs slightly cheaper, but I forgot how much they were. Must be Friday if my short term memory is less than 30 minutes...

Jul 30, 2009
Because there is nothing of "better" quality coming out for about a month (no one buys Topps series 2 for big cards), there is a great chance these boxes will keep going up.....and up.

And then if Stras makes a big splash in his outing, we all might wish for the days of $79 reg boxes.

pudge1760

Aug 9, 2008
My local LCS was at $90 for Hobby and $170 for Jumbo. $4.99 per hobby pack and $17.99 for a jumbo pack.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts